Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Missouri Fever
Feb 5, 2009

av by ed
do re mi
fà pí qì

JohnnyRnR posted:

I own a jewelry company selling mostly engagement rings, diamonds & colored gems, and special request custom design piece. My ecommerce presence doesn't have much online beyond our ideal cut bridal and a few odds and ends that we sell regularly, but there is a contact form there as well. Feel free to send me a message and I can hunt down anything you might be looking for. http://tinyurl.com/28olvyn

Oh my goodness, those owls are so neat! If you don't mind me asking, is there any special reason why this particular animal is used? (As in, if there's a certain connotation with owls in the past that lends it to being the subject of jewelry.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missouri Fever
Feb 5, 2009

av by ed
do re mi
fà pí qì

Claes Oldenburger posted:

Tension set rings were first introduced by a company called Niessing, from Germany. They're the bees knees as far as artsy-ish rings go using pretty nuts metal techniques (seriously, google them and check out the rings that fade between types of metal), and because of that are my favorite ring company!

This doesn't seem to be quite the thing you're talking about, but drat they make dope rings!

Missouri Fever
Feb 5, 2009

av by ed
do re mi
fà pí qì
My partner and I have been thinking about stones other than diamonds for wedding rings, but now I realize hardness is a pretty important factor for everyday wear. What range of hardness should I be limiting my search on?

Andalusite has piqued our interest, but it seems it may be somewhat soft for daily wear.

Missouri Fever
Feb 5, 2009

av by ed
do re mi
fà pí qì
Thanks for the detailed answer.

I'll start hunting for stones with earth tone pleiochroism from the categories you suggested, then.

• Locked thread