Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Sarkazm
Sep 26, 2008

Not your father's Sarkazmobile.

If this has been posted elsewhere, I apologize as I haven't upgraded to be able to search and I didn't see it in the first 5 or 6 pages of threads.

That being said, it appears that the Facebook page for the Oregon Tea Party has decided to steal the motto used by Anonymous and use it as their own.

We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forget.
We do not forgive.
Expect us.

is plastered on their page and they have basically stated that they will continue to use it regardless of what anyone else thinks. This internet faux pas was significant enough to make the pages of failbook

The graphic used by Tea Party Oregon went up Monday and the Channers have already showed up in droves.

I'm not on 4Chan, don't wish to be and don't condone any of their more destructive actions, BUT I love a good train wreck, so grab yourselves a beer, get a comfy chair and prepare to refresherbate your fingers off to watch a calamity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zappatista
Oct 27, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I envision a lot of grumpy white middle-class men being rudely introduced to Lemon Party and Goatse...

e:
Click here for the full 818x1072 image.

Zappatista fucked around with this message at Jul 30, 2010 around 19:32

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

... "Happy?" What is this strange, unsad emotion of which you speak?

I'm so ashamed of Oregon right now.

I'm also drat amused by the irony of a bunch of libertarians grabbing random poo poo off the Internet to use in their promotional materials without any thought to copyright/intellectual property ownership.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Facebook. I think the death knell was just sounded for the whole "giving up anonymity stops trolling" argument.

Sarkazm
Sep 26, 2008

Never mind... I'm an idiot. 30 more seconds of clicky clicky reveals that this is a fake.

Can some kindly mod remove this afront to common intelligence before it is revealed that I am but a common douche bag??

Logikv9
Mar 4, 2009

Anyone using alphabet soup should be shot!

Sarkazm posted:

Never mind... I'm an idiot. 30 more seconds of clicky clicky reveals that this is a fake.

Can some kindly mod remove this afront to common intelligence before it is revealed that I am but a common douche bag??

It isn't fake: http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...63&pagenumber=1

It's also posted on the last pages of the previous GOP megathread. There is also a photo lying somewhere of a tea partier holding a sign with the same thing on it.

e: better link http://gawker.com/5596806/oregon-te...s-4chans-slogan

Sarkazm
Sep 26, 2008

Why I'm an idiot

Here's a link to Operation Teabag (which is probably NSFW) that states that the Tea Party group took down their facebook and someone else snatched up the reigns and made a page to, more than likely, screw with them.

Sarkazm
Sep 26, 2008

Logikv9 posted:

It isn't fake: http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...63&pagenumber=1

It's also posted on the last pages of the previous GOP megathread. There is also a photo lying somewhere of a tea partier holding a sign with the same thing on it.

e: better link http://gawker.com/5596806/oregon-te...s-4chans-slogan

I stand corrected? The internet... Its a slippery slope.

Merely Adequate
Mar 21, 2010

The Tea Party can just start scheduling their rallies during 8th grade finals week to avoid being swarmed by channers.

ghetto wormhole
Sep 15, 2008

Merely Adequate posted:

The Tea Party can just start scheduling their rallies during 8th grade finals week to avoid being swarmed by channers.

I don't remember having any finals in the 8th grade, were you by chance home schooled?

Bob The Ripper
Jan 20, 2004

You can run.
You can hide.
Gonna get ya.

I don't understand what it's even supposed to mean in context. How are the tea partiers in Oregon anonymous? Do they plan on voting anonymously and without any sort of voter registration?

What is it they're not going to forgive? Is not forgetting and holding onto grudges forever really a great way to head a political movement?

Everything the tea party does is loving stupid.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!

This article has screenshots and more info about it. http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2...gon-Tea-Party-0

I love how they said that they admire anonymous' tactics.

Sarkazm
Sep 26, 2008

I t really is a ridiculous slogan for them to use. Aside from the obvious fact that Anonymous will come out of the woodwork to do what they can to destroy them (Hell hath no fury like a neck beard scorned), "We are Legion" is a biblical reference to being beset by devils. As in posessed by many of them at once... I find it an odd choice for what is a predominantly Christian group to use.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

Somehow I got on the local (Oregon) tea party emailing list. As well as College republicans and move America forward. The stuff they say is absolutely hilarious.They just sent this today: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/...immigrationlaw/ This is the most mild email I have gotten from them. The tea partiers here must be insane.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

my ice, my ass.

Tremors posted:

I love how they said that they admire anonymous' tactics.

That was hilarious. I can't wait until the fall campaigns are interrupted by a bunch of 45 year old bald guys in flag shirts are yelling "DESU" at the Democrats.

Edit: Is DESU some sort of insult or a call to arms or something?

Slantedfloors
Apr 28, 2008

Wait, What?

Sarkazm posted:

"We are Legion" is a biblical reference to being beset by devils. As in posessed by many of them at once... I find it an odd choice for what is a predominantly Christian group to use.

On the other hand, I'd be pretty okay with the Tea Party being forced into a herd of pigs and drowned.

Mein Eyes!
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

I think this is a prank, started by someone from /b/.

wacky
Jun 19, 2008

by Ozmaugh

I'm still unclear as to whether we decided this was real or not, but either way all that needs to be done now is someone just needs to remind the media what 4chan has on it (every now and then, the media will talk about 4chan and YTMND as terrible places not really understanding what they are looking at). A link between the Tea Party and 4chan is a good thing. 4chan will just have to make sure they keep putting up juvenile, disgusting stupid poo poo! I sure hope they can do that

El-ahrairah
Dec 24, 2007

E: gently caress you!!
I enjoy 4chans shenanigans. The utter confusion that internet "culture" brings out in the mainstream media is painful to witness.

El-ahrairah fucked around with this message at Jul 30, 2010 around 19:50

Sarkazm
Sep 26, 2008

Slantedfloors posted:

On the other hand, I'd be pretty okay with the Tea Party being forced into a herd of pigs and drowned.

My god, man! Run on that platform and you will have my sword!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slantedfloors
Apr 28, 2008

Wait, What?

Sarkazm posted:

My god, man! Run on that platform and you will have my sword!

He that lives by the sword shall also die by the sword.

But Jesus didn't say nothin' about no wompin' stick.