Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«171 »
senae
Apr 3, 2010

Shovelmint posted:

What? It's not even 5 & 6? So when is the actual 5th main storyline Mistborn book coming?

Mistborn was planned to be 3 trilogies, spanning 3 different time periods. The books we're waiting on are the first two parts of a previously unplanned sequel trilogy to Alloy of law.

Alloy of Law was an unplanned novella that takes place between the first two trilogies, and was written during a flight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This is why being a Sanderson fan owns. You never know when he's going to have to take a dump and crank out 3 new books.

MildShow
Jan 4, 2012

Part Man. Part Pillow. All Carnage.

And actually, the unplanned trilogy is going to a be a trilogy in four parts - http://brandonsanderson.com/state-o...-december-2014/

E: Sanderson is great.

Brandon Sanderson posted:

You may now commence wisecracks about me secretly writing extra novels when nobody is looking.

MildShow fucked around with this message at May 22, 2015 around 22:42

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Nothing stops this train. We're just getting started.

Most people take a nap and/or drink on a long flight. Sanderson writes a goddamn book. He'll probably finish Stormlight Archives and Mistborn before Rothfuss finishes whatever the gently caress Kingkiller's supposed to be part of.

Shovelmint posted:

I've been on a Sanderson kick lately, after finally getting to the end of WoT, I tore through the first Mistborn trilogy and just finished Words of Radiance. Definitely enjoyed that Lift interlude, sucks to be you if you hate awesomeness, I guess. Not sure if I should move on to Alloy of Law yet, or wait until the fall when the next book is supposed to come out. I know Brandon's a machine, but I know there's a long way to go for the rest of Stormlight, and I'm not sure I want to be waiting on two series at once. At least he gives us satisfyingly epic endings to each individual book, which is more than I can say for GRRM or Jordan. Maybe I just need to step away from the serial fantasy for a while, and read some quality stand alone fiction by dead authors.

You could read the Riftwar series but some of the books are noticeably better than others (Serpentwar Saga's good until the last book starts wrapping up and veers in to ).

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

It feels like we've been years without any new Sanderson books. Even though it's only been what? a few months?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Firefight was the most recent non-short I believe, so... 4 to 5 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004

senae posted:

Alloy of Law was written during a flight.

That's awesome, is there a blog post where he talks about this?

«171 »