Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

I just started WoK. I don't have much to say about it yet except that it grabbed me from the beginning like no fantasy book I can think of other than Elric of Melniboné. I hope it continues this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

Yes. I like reading, but I don't read tons. Except at times when I find something really good like this.

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

Strangely, the Szeth prologue was the one I liked more...

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

I get that. Just felt the need to say it isn't universally seen that way.

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

I tried to start the first Lightbringer book a while ago and lost interest early on. Is there a certain point when it gets good or is it just not for me?

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

I just finished Hero of Ages. It was amazing overall, but I didn't understand one thing in the ending. Why did Ruin have a human body when he died? I guess it was someone attached to it like Vin was to Preservation, but who was it and why were they never mentioned before then? Or were they and I missed it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

eszett engma posted:

If Elend had waited just a few more minutes on that ashen field, he would have seen a body—short of stature, black hair, prominent nose—fall from the mists and slump dead into the ash.

Right! I remember this now. That also seemed strange when I read it. I guess it sort of makes sense now. Thanks.