Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I just read it as Kaladin, who was strongly principled, would fight for the weak, was connected to warriors battling in massive plate armour, and who would party with Karbarian, Kleric, Kizard, Kard and Kogue to venture into kungeons to fight kragons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I can summarise Crossroads in about three sentences:

Everyone reacts to the events at the end of Winter's Heart, Mat and Tuon bond a bit, Egwene loses some neurons and gets captured.

Pretty sure nothing else of note happens in the slightest.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Nice, I'd like to listen to- not available in my country. gently caress you.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Cicero posted:

It's never said that Parshendi outright can't reproduce when not in mateform. It's just that being in mateform makes it hard to focus on anything else. Just like it's not physically impossible to fight when not in warform, or to work when not in workform.

Also they mention the Parshendi used to have only dullform and mateform before discovering the others more recently.

I'm interested in seeing more of Restares, with both Amaram writing to him at the end of WoR and being named by Gavilar as possibly the man behind Szeth's assassination attempt in the beginning of WoK.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

While the way Szeth came back was annoying - just stab him low enough in the spine so he's crippled, swipe through his hand so he can't hold the honorblade any more and assume he dies in the highstorm - I'm much less concerned about Jasnah's survival (though adding an interlude where she survives so we can see what happens to everyone being inaccurate was a good idea) because there's only four female characters who can even be close to classed as influential, let alone main ones.

Also I reread Warbreaker and Vasher's still pretty cool and Vivenna and Siri are ughhhhh and then I got Elantris and I'm 42% through and I wish for death at every Sarenne chapter, come back WoK Shallan all is forgiven

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Lobsterpillar posted:

A highstorm which is full of stormlight, which heals shardblade wounds?

Hence the middle part of that sentence. Could always cut off the arm entirely on the backswing. Tie one shardblade to be behind another and start chopping people up more efficiently. A modern Roshar would presumably have Radiants with shardsaws.

Finished Elantris, and ughhhhhh Sarenne ughhhhhhhhhhhhh but otherwise a little better than I'd expected his first book to be.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

If he'd made the lower class names more obviously asymmetric it may have helped, but the palindrome thing is pretty useful for judging names by.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

adebisi lives posted:

I'm just happy this thread finally shut up about anime.

Szeth is the Vegeta of Stormlight

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Infinite Karma posted:

Pretty sure this is Szeth

Get M. Night to direct the Stormlight movie

I'm rereading the Mistborn books, and got to the part in Final Empire where Demoux appears, and apparently he's one of the three dudes who show up looking for Hoid in Way of Kings. However I'm pretty sure someone said Stormlight Archives start off either just after or just before Alloy of Law, which is several centuries after the trilogy, so either worldhopping ignores time and space or that info was incorrect.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Oh come on they just got taken out of the fight, they were in both stormform and working shardplate there's no way they were dead.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

An expanded version of that first chapter from the third Stormlight book was released on Tor. Apparently twice as long, but also containing more Kaladin complaining. Surprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

She's not the worst but if I wanted to read about a character powered by 'awesome' I'd read a NaNoWriMo entry.