Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Xachariah posted:

Actually GRRM brings back dead characters too like frankenstein Clegane or Catelyn Stark. A few characters also obviously have plot armour, the plot won't really go anywhere if characters like Tyrion and Daenerys bite the dust. Arya Stark has the fabled my-wife-will-divorce-me-if-I-hurt-her armour.

GRRM just set a good precedent with Ned Stark and reinforced it with the Red Wedding. He kinda cheapened the latter though by bringing back Catelyn from the dead.

I think everyone that claims GRRM kills off all his main characters and the like just got confused because it took the series a long time to make clear exactly who the protagonists were. Now that we pretty much know the main characters, it's pretty obvious who has plot armor, as you point out here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU