Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
So, just finished Mistborn and then Alloy of Law. Loved that poo poo from start to finish (but then I'm easy to please when it comes to books). Gonna read Elantris and Warbreaker next, then Way of Kings. New favorite author, for sure (and he might even cause me to actually get through Wheel if Time, too!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Just finished Warbreaker. Holy poo poo. The Sanderson avalanche was great, and getting my assumptions bitchslapped was pretty awesome.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

api call girl posted:

Doesn't have to be major changes, though. It's not like we haven't had one-off POVs in the series so far, he could even be one of the main named characters, or even Sadeas, to give his eventual betrayal of Dalinar even more weight. The message could be referenced in that chapter but not interpreted and Dalinar would think about it later giving us its content.

Well, thanks for that.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

api call girl posted:

It's been how goddamn long since the book's been out?

Mistborn's been out longer, and stuff from that still get spoilered.

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

Okay yeah the book's been out for a couple of years, but this isn't a Way of Kings thread - it's a general Sanderson thread, so some people might not have read the book yet.

I guess those of us who come late to the party just don't matter :( It's just too much effort to throw in a couple of tags.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Just finished WoK, and we really need a book version of :tviv:. So many "Holy poo poo" moments.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Fallorn posted:

What did he do to himself he no longer looks like a goon lord.

He's embraced his inner Walter Sobchak.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

werdnam posted:

Okay, reporting back on my Way of Kings read. Last I posted, I was wanting things to pick up a bit.

Well, Shallan just Soulcasted without wearing the Soulcaster while having some weird visions and Kaladin just had a vision of riding a storm across the entire continent. What the hell is going on?!

So, it picked up a bit.

Oh, just you wait.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Just finished Legion, and I really hope he develops the characters in a full-length novel or series at some point. It's a fun little story.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Just finished a Mistborn read through (all 7), last time I read them was before Shadows of Self. Personally, I enjoyed Secret History. It wasn't phenomenal or anything, but I'll never not love more Kelsier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

socialsecurity posted:

Met Sanderson at Dragoncon today he's like the nicest dude of all time. No real new information except the videa games just can't get funding thanks to the flopping of Kingdom of Amalur.

I really want a Mistborn game made by Arkane (the guys behind Dishonored).