Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I've been on a Sanderson kick lately, after finally getting to the end of WoT, I tore through the first Mistborn trilogy and just finished Words of Radiance. Definitely enjoyed that Lift interlude, sucks to be you if you hate awesomeness, I guess. Not sure if I should move on to Alloy of Law yet, or wait until the fall when the next book is supposed to come out. I know Brandon's a machine, but I know there's a long way to go for the rest of Stormlight, and I'm not sure I want to be waiting on two series at once. At least he gives us satisfyingly epic endings to each individual book, which is more than I can say for GRRM or Jordan. Maybe I just need to step away from the serial fantasy for a while, and read some quality stand alone fiction by dead authors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Tunicate posted:

Well, remember that Alloy is going to get two sequels within a couple months, but those are 1 and 2 of a split off trilogy.

What? It's not even 5 & 6? So when is the actual 5th main storyline Mistborn book coming?

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

senae posted:

Alloy of Law was written during a flight. :getin:

That's awesome, is there a blog post where he talks about this?

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I didn't know it was actually possible, but I've gotten to the point where I'm almost done reading all of Sanderson's non-YA books and novellas. Currently reading Emperor's Soul (So good!) and then Perfect State. After that I guess it'll be Rithmatist and Alcatraz. This has been the perfect come down after Infinite Jest. Hopefully he'll publish 2-3 more books before I finish the YA stuff.

Halfway through Emperor's Soul, and it's been absolutely delightful. If it keeps it up it may end up my favorite, not sure why its hitting all the sweet spots with pretty much all the action taking place in a single room, but I can't get enough.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, ended up finishing it up last night in a bout of insomnia. Absolutely fantastic. Almost done with Perfect State now, and it's been good but it's no ES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I may have a problem. Bought Rithmatist yesterday, finished it today. I enjoyed it quite a bit, though it definitely leaves a lot hanging. Rapidly running out of his stuff.