Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SageSepth
May 10, 2004
Luck is probability given way to superstition
So I just finished the first 2 books in the Mistborn trilogy, I'm torn on weather or not to get the third, the second ends on such a down note and is a pretty depressing book throughout that I'm not sure I want to sit through what would likely be 3/4ths more making GBS threads on characters I like before it all works out in the end, should I get the third or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SageSepth
May 10, 2004

Democratic Pirate posted:

He can definitely still improve his writing, but that doesn't stop him from being one of my favorite current authors.

Of course, this opinion is coming from a guy who put down Game of Thrones after getting a few chapters into the second book because I don't have enough time to invest in a slow burn series with more politics and characters.

I'm with you on the GoT hate, it's loving boring and the author does nothing but write about "breaking fast".

That said, with your guys recommendation I'll read the third Mistborn book, and then try out that Way of Kings series.

SageSepth
May 10, 2004

wellwhoopdedooo posted:

Ahahahahaha oh man that's great.

Just a little meaner, Sanderson .... yesssssss.... :smugbert:

I haven't read whatever series that other character is from, but Vin stabbing people is always pretty cool.