Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
Hi everyone. I would just like to point out that while SoD online is good, you really should be trying the singleplayer experience and playing SOD Offline. You're missing out on the *real* game otherwise.

Also sup Wold. Seems like things are going well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nthman
Nov 3, 2004

Creepy
So Im back in on my 22 Necro, Giaz is his name.

Is the color coded map on the Wiki arranged with connecting zones etc?

j883376
Aug 7, 2006

Linux Toddler!

Nthman posted:

So Im back in on my 22 Necro, Giaz is his name.

Is the color coded map on the Wiki arranged with connecting zones etc?

Yeah, that map show the zone connections but is quite outdated by now. I've updated the map and am waiting for the staff to update the page with the new one.

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004
:siren:I ran this by a mod and it has been deemed permissible.:siren:

Fun Fact: EQ Titanium pack, the frequently prescribed bundle to use to play SoD, does not include the higher resolution textures for zones that were introduced with Luclin.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2482

This thread has a tutorial for downloading and installing these higher resolution zones. It is a pretty simple process but I had to edit the eqclient.ini to force a change from high texture quality to medium and back to high get it to register once everything was copied over. Your mileage may vary.

Tash
Oct 7, 2008
Wiz! Thats the man that made this all possible. I have not talked to you in a long time. I have been watching Dawntide its looking awesome.

We are also in development of SoD Offline 2. It has 30% less rivervale music.

For those who want new textures the easiest way is to just use a new install as our patches makes anything comparable. That is a pretty awesome

Tash fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Aug 14, 2010

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

Tash posted:

Wiz! Thats the man that made this all possible right up there.

We are also in development of SoD Offline 2. It has 30% less rivervale music.

I have screenshots of him trying to cyber with me.

j883376
Aug 7, 2006

Linux Toddler!

Jotto posted:

I have screenshots of him trying to cyber with me.

This post does not deliver.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

j883376 posted:

This post does not deliver.

Waiting until I get my account back before I post any SS's, since they are nearly all I have to show the account was mine.

Edit: while I'm here is there any sort of fix for how washed out and horrible everything looks when using eqw?
The game looks fairly horrible as does my wallpaper ect. Tried messing with in game settings and out of game display settings to no avail 16bit to 32bit ect ect and nothing. .

Krazuel fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Aug 14, 2010

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
maybe its your native windows palette? I have noticed some newer games swap my standard options out when I run them, and EQ i plenty old enough to not be able to do that in Vista.

I am a part time developer at SoD, as well as someone who has raided every tier from 0-11 over the course of about 5 years of playing. The game is great, the staff/development efforts are really not comparable to any commercial game I have ever seen. It's really kind of enlightening to see what can happen when the goal is simply to make a good game, and not to draw in new customers/make them spend time playing for the sake of time spent playing.

Tash
Oct 7, 2008
That is because the client decides that it will not just adjust its own gamma with its gamma slider but your entire computer!

You can fix this by adjusting the gamma sliders till they more closely match your native gamma. That way there wont be an additive effect when you log in more than one client.

A bit annoying but a minute or so matching the gammas and you should not have anymore problems.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Been waiting a few days and still no response on recovering my account :(.

Indecline
Sep 5, 2003

eat my butt into smithereens
I suppose this is kind of a longshot, but I quit a couple years ago and gave my account info away to some goon. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the goon. The account had a 40-something halfling druid on it named Ardun and a couple 20-30 characters. I fully expect the account to have been stripped long ago, but if that goon still plays, please post here or shoot me a PM.

Roman Rambo
Dec 21, 2009

Indecline posted:

I suppose this is kind of a longshot, but I quit a couple years ago and gave my account info away to some goon. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the goon. The account had a 40-something halfling druid on it named Ardun and a couple 20-30 characters. I fully expect the account to have been stripped long ago, but if that goon still plays, please post here or shoot me a PM.

Looks like there's been someone playing him and he's all grown up.

http://www.shardsofdalaya.com/fomelo/fomelo.php?char=ardun

No idea on who is playing him though - you could try asking on irc.shardsofdalaya.com

Indecline
Sep 5, 2003

eat my butt into smithereens

Roman Rambo posted:

Looks like there's been someone playing him and he's all grown up.

http://www.shardsofdalaya.com/fomelo/fomelo.php?char=ardun

No idea on who is playing him though - you could try asking on irc.shardsofdalaya.com

I forgot you could look up profiles. Thanks for the link. Good to see someone got some use out of the account. I was only looking to gank it back if it was sitting around unused or just as a port/heal bot. Looks like someone put a fair amount of work into the character. Max level, decent gear and 186 AA.

I still wouldn't mind talking to the guy playing him though. If you still play and happen to see him online, do me a favor and point him in the direction of this thread for me. Thanks.

VVV Cool, thanks VVV

Indecline fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 18, 2010

j883376
Aug 7, 2006

Linux Toddler!

Indecline posted:

I forgot you could look up profiles. Thanks for the link. Good to see someone got some use out of the account. I was only looking to gank it back if it was sitting around unused or just as a port/heal bot. Looks like someone put a fair amount of work into the character. Max level, decent gear and 186 AA.

I still wouldn't mind talking to the guy playing him though. If you still play and happen to see him online, do me a favor and point him in the direction of this thread for me. Thanks.

I happen to know this goon, so next time I see him online, I'll send him over here so he can get in touch with you.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
woohoo got my account back and got 2 levels on a ToV raid yesterday ha.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I wanna play, but I can't get past the first rules screen. I read the forums and see it's a known issue, but the suggestions listed there don't help :(

Do I need to patch to Live? Forums say I don't to play, so I'm not sure...

Jebediah fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 18, 2010

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
I'm looking to fire a character up, I'd prefer to duo over 2 boxing. If anyone plays late night EST. and mornings EST. let me know if you'd be interested.

Tash
Oct 7, 2008
Jeb that is not really a known issue. Come into IRC and you can prolly get real time help. The same offer goes for anyone experiencing technical difficulties. It is often the best way to get timely help.

Server; shardsofdalaya.com
Channel: #sod and #goonsquad

Tash fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Aug 18, 2010

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Tash posted:

Jeb that is not really a known issue. Come into IRC and you can prolly get real time help. The same offer goes for anyone experiencing technical difficulties. It is often the best way to get timely help.

Server; shardsofdalaya.com
Channel: #sod and #goonsquad

It seems to be a known issue, since it's in the Faq stickied to the top of the Technical Difficulties forum. When I get home this afternoon I will most definitely jump into IRC, so thanks very much!!

Tash
Oct 7, 2008
Oohhh so it is. That post is from 2006 - the new patcher pretty much wiped that problem out.

Are you sure your launching it from eqgame and not everquest.exe? Also have you tried the manual patch files if th epatcher is not working for you?

Worst case scenario we can just check off the seizure warning bool in the ini manually.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Yes definitely have the SoD patcher pointed to the correct file. The patcher ran through the first time and went to 100%. If I click repatch all, it will scan everything again and go all the way through. I get the same issue if I launch through EQW or fullscreen. I've got updated drivers and all that stuff. The video card is a 5770.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

None of my dumb friends will play this with me, but it's good fun so you should join even if you're not my friend.

e;
Hey tash I worked pretty hard about a year ago to get the unemployment that I used to buy platinum donation so I need that halfling army asap. Ty in advance.

But seriously been having tons of fun playing this, just been soloing the MQ on my bard while the stuff is blue, and it's been years since I felt so directly engaged by a game, plus almost all of the reasons I quit eq 8 years ago are gone in sod.

Umph fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Aug 19, 2010

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure the issues I'm having are related to my PC and not the patcher or setup. I am not able to see any of the menus at all. I think there is an accept button at the beginning for the Rules, and I managed to fumble my way to the log-in screen, but when I tried to log-in i got could not connect :(

robayon
Nov 26, 2001

Indecline posted:

VVV Cool, thanks VVV
hey man, that guy was me, i did a lot of the work gearing him up and deein, the guy who gave me the info, did a good bit of the aa. so did crubid and a bunch of other people in goon squad. i won't post the login info here, but PM me here if you can, or on the SoD forums, my handle there is RobayonGS. he is your account so of course, all reins will return to you. i never changed the password or anything.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
So now that I have my account back, here are my screenshots from old SoD:

Click here for the full 1280x1024 image.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Great screenshots. I also highly approve of reforming Goon Squad. I am currently in a high tiered guild but would be glad to help you all when I'm not raiding, or lend you the use of some of my toons. I have several 65's with reasonable gear (65 shaman, ranger, paladin, monk, bard)

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!

Jotto posted:

Nice shots! What is that UI, by the way, and how does one get it - the default ui is pretty horrible in comparison.

Also, I started a ranger named Dariel (just level 4 for now) - I'm as newbie as they get, never really having played EQ before, but if any other new goons need a hand in low parties etc, let me know.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
You know full well that was not me at the helm. :colbert:

My love is reserved for ogres.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
The UI then was a Drahkah UI, no idea if it is still supported or not as that screenshot was 5+ years ago.

And Wiz you can deny it all you want! It doesn't change anything!

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Jotto posted:

Oh man Bretto is my RL brother (in the text box in that picture). Wish he would play again =(

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
I don't know why I keep fooling myself, I'm never going to play this game full time any more. I come back every few months and after a week I'm bored with whoever I'm playing/powerleveling.

As such, I've got a handful of accounts I will no longer be needing, if anyone is interested or wants to put them to good long-term use.

Buane, a level 65 Druid with 58 AAs and alright equipment. Hasn't done much end game stuff. Only has one of his ancient spell - the regen, not the heal. Also has 200 Fishing Skill!

Auben, a level 61 Warrior with 3 AAs and some pretty drat nice equipment as a result of my Druid's plat-farming ways (minus the awful jewelry).

Enaub, a level 61 Monk who's nearly naked.

Nebau, a level 35 Wizard whose gear kinda sucks but, hey, he's level 35.

Baneu, a level 34 Cleric who I don't have any recollection of getting to level 34 and his terrible gear shows it.

If you can put these guys to good use, you can have them. I think it's clear SoD is in my rear view mirror at this point.

edit: obviously these guys are all on different accounts

Buane fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 19, 2010

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
^^pm'd you

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
Invite to Goon Squad, completely forgot I played this years ago char name Pnuka

Flater
Oct 20, 2006

Ask me about sucking Batman's dick
Goonsquad has gotten a bump in numbers and is actually doing some low tier 65 stuff so get an invite!!

j883376
Aug 7, 2006

Linux Toddler!
<Goon Squad> has gained several new members lately and we've gone on a few raids around Dalaya slaying dragons and other creature of the world. We don't have a level requirement or anything like that, but I'd suggest you stick to the beginner's guild till about level 50 or so since it's easiest to find groups there.

Send either Torleran or Ponolus a tell in game if you'd like to join the guild.

Click here for the full 1280x800 image.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Buane posted:

I don't know why I keep fooling myself, I'm never going to play this game full time any more. I come back every few months and after a week I'm bored with whoever I'm playing/powerleveling.

As such, I've got a handful of accounts I will no longer be needing, if anyone is interested or wants to put them to good long-term use.

Buane, a level 65 Druid with 58 AAs and alright equipment. Hasn't done much end game stuff. Only has one of his ancient spell - the regen, not the heal. Also has 200 Fishing Skill!

Auben, a level 61 Warrior with 3 AAs and some pretty drat nice equipment as a result of my Druid's plat-farming ways (minus the awful jewelry).

Enaub, a level 61 Monk who's nearly naked.

Nebau, a level 35 Wizard whose gear kinda sucks but, hey, he's level 35.

Baneu, a level 34 Cleric who I don't have any recollection of getting to level 34 and his terrible gear shows it.

If you can put these guys to good use, you can have them. I think it's clear SoD is in my rear view mirror at this point.

edit: obviously these guys are all on different accounts
Are any of these still available? My Bard is lvl 49 and I really hate having to beg people to help me with my MQ when i can't solo stuff, if I could box in a higher lvl toon for that kinda thing it'd save me hours of time.

If not, anyone else have an account they don't use anymore that I could borrow once in awhile to finish quests? My aim is trumblepm, Umph in game.

Umph fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Aug 23, 2010

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
I know he has already sent out his druid and monk, dunno about the rest.

Are you in goon squad? If I'm on gimme a holler and i'll try and help ya if you need it (since i was away from game for 5 years still working on my MQ too)

tehfeer
Jan 15, 2004
Do they speak english in WHAT?
If anyone has a mid level or higher level account they dont want anymore shoot me a PM. I am looking to get started again and it would be nice to have a higher level char to 2 box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
To those that were looking for another character to box with, try and get a hold of me in game on either Charley or Smashley. I have a number of 65 characters that I rarely play that I would be willing to lend out the info for to help with quests or experience groups. Here is a list of the toons I have so you can take a look at their fomelo.

Kragen - 65 Paladin
Sheezor - 65 Monk
Hobbie - 65 Bard

• Locked thread