Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
j883376
Aug 7, 2006

Linux Toddler!
SoD is great. It's been even more a timesink for me than Everquest used to be and has a great community. Also, RIP Goon Squad :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

j883376
Aug 7, 2006

Linux Toddler!
How does SoD run under Linux?

j883376
Aug 7, 2006

Linux Toddler!
So I got SoD running on this 3 year old notebook and even with its piss poor integrated graphics, it runs like a champ under Wine, so you Linux goons have no excuse not to install it unless you're allergic to proprietary software.

j883376
Aug 7, 2006

Linux Toddler!
In an attempt to revive <Goon Squad>, you can look for Torleran in game and send me a tell if you'd like to get an invite to the guild. Maybe if we can amass enough goons, we can do some grouping up, etc.

j883376
Aug 7, 2006

Linux Toddler!

Nthman posted:

So Im back in on my 22 Necro, Giaz is his name.

Is the color coded map on the Wiki arranged with connecting zones etc?

Yeah, that map show the zone connections but is quite outdated by now. I've updated the map and am waiting for the staff to update the page with the new one.

j883376
Aug 7, 2006

Linux Toddler!

Jotto posted:

I have screenshots of him trying to cyber with me.

This post does not deliver.

j883376
Aug 7, 2006

Linux Toddler!

Indecline posted:

I forgot you could look up profiles. Thanks for the link. Good to see someone got some use out of the account. I was only looking to gank it back if it was sitting around unused or just as a port/heal bot. Looks like someone put a fair amount of work into the character. Max level, decent gear and 186 AA.

I still wouldn't mind talking to the guy playing him though. If you still play and happen to see him online, do me a favor and point him in the direction of this thread for me. Thanks.

I happen to know this goon, so next time I see him online, I'll send him over here so he can get in touch with you.

j883376
Aug 7, 2006

Linux Toddler!
<Goon Squad> has gained several new members lately and we've gone on a few raids around Dalaya slaying dragons and other creature of the world. We don't have a level requirement or anything like that, but I'd suggest you stick to the beginner's guild till about level 50 or so since it's easiest to find groups there.

Send either Torleran or Ponolus a tell in game if you'd like to join the guild.

Click here for the full 1280x800 image.

j883376
Aug 7, 2006

Linux Toddler!

smuggler posted:

Don't know, but my attempts to connect to their site forums have gone unanswered from their server.

They're having a bit of technical issues but should be back up pretty soon.

j883376
Aug 7, 2006

Linux Toddler!

Corporate_Jellyfish posted:

Hi there, got a 65 rogue and mage looking to join Goon Squad. My old guild broke up a while ago making me the only one online.

Mage: Lorizon (main, 90ish AAs)
Rogue: Pugio (alt, 40ish AAs)

Thanks!

Next time you log in, look for either me (Torleran) or Ponolus and one of us will invite your characters.

j883376
Aug 7, 2006

Linux Toddler!

DangerDongs posted:

So now when I log in to the server select there is no server to actually select. Please tell me I am not the only one.

The server crashed, it's coming back up though.

j883376
Aug 7, 2006

Linux Toddler!

wtsnaename posted:

The gators were better.

Where have you been we need a mained enchanter, come back

j883376
Aug 7, 2006

Linux Toddler!
Slaariel fixes every bug because there are no bugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

j883376
Aug 7, 2006

Linux Toddler!
Nadox is a really awesome zone that has been getting mixed reactions from various people across the server. The essential premise is that your gear is nearly worthless. All gear stats are reduced by 90% (this may change to 100% stat removal eventually) and almost all clickable items are non-functional. In addition to gear changes, upon entering the zone ALL buffs you have on you are automatically stripped, even Soulbonded ones; the only buffs you can have on you are buffs that your group can cast. This zone is meant to be somewhat of a leveler and also a CHALLENGE.

When you zone into Nadox at level 65 and find yourself with like 3000hp and a tiny mana pool, you feel like a noob again, but people are fairly equal. All tomes do nothing, the only real difference is people's spells and AAs. You loot weapons from trash drops and the first boss near the entrance drops a weapon and bracer for all classes, which you literally create the stats of using Dungeon Dollars (they're called Challenge Points but that's not as good of a name).

You earn Dungeon Dollars by killing the various bosses in the zone and can build your items pretty much however you want. Despite this being an awesome zone, it's very difficult and if you don't have a group of people that know how to play the game, you're likely to die very, very quickly. There are a lot of low to mid tier players including myself who really love this zone for the challenges, the Dungeon Dollars to build your gear and so on.

The main people who seem to hate this zone are the super high tier people that have tier 12 gear, who seem to hate the fact that their mega high tier gear doesn't matter, causing them to be Like Everybody Else. The other group are mostly people who are unable to pay attention to the game and that don't know how to play their class correctly. If everybody in the group knows how to play their character and works together, you can accomplish almost anything in this zone.

If you're a level 65 and want a true challenge where you can fight bosses where you have to push every button to make it through and use all sort of old spells/buffs you've forgotten that you have, you will love this zone. Come log on and earn Dungeon Dollars with us and make some cool gear for yourself!

• Locked thread