Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SCIENCEPRINCESS420
Jun 2, 2007

I played SoD for years. I raided my way through most of the endgame, received innumerable death threats for ruining the alchemy market, handled officer type things for two uberguilds, and basically just teleported around being a gnomish badass.

As such, I feel like I know what I'm talking about when I say that SoD is a baller game for big ol' pimps. The content is all custom, classes have undergone a lot of rebalancing and have many new features (rogues actually robbing houses and fencing loot is cute), and so on and so forth.

There are even adepts, which are raid mobs for sub-65 players, requiring everyone in the raid to be below a certain level to engage them and which have raid quality loot for their levels. Tack on quest XP and tradeskill XP (I instantly get any new character's brewing up to vendor max, which is around 120-130ish and skyrockets them to level ~20) and for once you actually have a bunch of interesting stuff to do on your way to 65 instead of grinding endlessly in hopes that someday you can play the real game.

I mean, yeah, the real game still doesn't start until 65, but there are fun ways to get there and cool things to do along the way that'll give you a taste early.

TL;DR: DO IT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread