Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Nevermind I figured it out.

Umph fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Aug 4, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

What's changed so that any class can solo?

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

What is macroquest? If I two box can I set up heal hotkeys and bind them to the programmable keys on my keyboard so I don't have to alt tab without getting banned?

Also how are bards are they still the greatest? I always wanted a bard.

Umph fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Aug 5, 2010

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Xeras posted:

Two boxing is fine so long as you aren't actively bad/hurting the group because you can't play one of them at least decently. Druids and shamans heal decently but clerics in terms of raw healing are better. However each of the healers has pros and cons really.

I was always under the impression that a shamans role in a group was more off healing but the huge thing was slows/haste. IIRC from EQ (8 years ago) slow is like the single most important pve spell and shamans have the best one. Druids make competent group healers but they can solo, clerics simply can not solo anything relevant at level 65 unless they are insanely geared (we had a cleric that offtanked in raids and even main tanked a PoP boss once but he had like 5 years invested). This could be different in sod but from what i've seen so far the solo-ability is pretty similar to eq besides the slightly less downtime.

Umph fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 6, 2010

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Oolarg posted:

Alright, that sounds easy enough. I was just wondering if I would need to make special macros or something.
You can, the macros let you do things like /cast /pause /cast on one button so you'll be able to multitask better on your bot. Most of the things you can do in SoD you can do in eq and theres way more documentation/wikis about eq stuff. So for help making macros in sod check eq wikis., that's what I did.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Bard questions :siren:

I've gotten 3 different answers from 3 different bards. What should I specialize in? One guy said definitely Blade/Strike for groups, one guy said definitely energy/defense for doing damage in groups and kiting, and one guy said definitely focus/mind for kiting/groups. I have no idea what i'm doing.

Also while I have your attention, how do bard offensive songs work? If I want to have 2 active do I just press the buttons one after another after another? Also like, it seems my PBAE song keeps casting as long as I don't sit down or activate another offensive song or get bashed or something, but my single target damage song stops casting once I've switched targets?

Also someimes offensive songs stop casting for no discernible reason at all, I like the game but the lack of info available on what is happening around me is tough after playing more recent mmos. I mean, the spells don't even say what they do, that's bonkers to me. The way you have to figure poo poo out for yourself is pretty neat but like with the songs ending I can't figure it out for the life of me.

Finaly for dps in a group should I put on my fiddle or what ever and hand to hand poo poo or not use an instrument? Like in pulls larger then 1 my DPS seems better served just strumming the ole banjo. It seems like it doubles my song damage though that's just from my limited experience.

Oh! One more thing, everytime a tank pulls adds run at me even though I don't do anything (my damage songs are off and i'm just standing there). It's cool because better me then a caster but I'd like to know what the gently caress.

If you can answer these questions you'll be awesome.

Umph fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Aug 8, 2010

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

MrSargent posted:

:words:
Thanks a ton man :D

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Bump, i'm going to stay in the newbie guild for a while, theres tons of people to group with, but i'm up for joining a squad once i'm 60 or so. This game/server is great, I forgot how fun eq was, it's been almost a decade.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

None of my dumb friends will play this with me, but it's good fun so you should join even if you're not my friend.

e;
Hey tash I worked pretty hard about a year ago to get the unemployment that I used to buy platinum donation so I need that halfling army asap. Ty in advance.

But seriously been having tons of fun playing this, just been soloing the MQ on my bard while the stuff is blue, and it's been years since I felt so directly engaged by a game, plus almost all of the reasons I quit eq 8 years ago are gone in sod.

Umph fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Aug 19, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Buane posted:

I don't know why I keep fooling myself, I'm never going to play this game full time any more. I come back every few months and after a week I'm bored with whoever I'm playing/powerleveling.

As such, I've got a handful of accounts I will no longer be needing, if anyone is interested or wants to put them to good long-term use.

Buane, a level 65 Druid with 58 AAs and alright equipment. Hasn't done much end game stuff. Only has one of his ancient spell - the regen, not the heal. Also has 200 Fishing Skill!

Auben, a level 61 Warrior with 3 AAs and some pretty drat nice equipment as a result of my Druid's plat-farming ways (minus the awful jewelry).

Enaub, a level 61 Monk who's nearly naked.

Nebau, a level 35 Wizard whose gear kinda sucks but, hey, he's level 35.

Baneu, a level 34 Cleric who I don't have any recollection of getting to level 34 and his terrible gear shows it.

If you can put these guys to good use, you can have them. I think it's clear SoD is in my rear view mirror at this point.

edit: obviously these guys are all on different accounts
Are any of these still available? My Bard is lvl 49 and I really hate having to beg people to help me with my MQ when i can't solo stuff, if I could box in a higher lvl toon for that kinda thing it'd save me hours of time.

If not, anyone else have an account they don't use anymore that I could borrow once in awhile to finish quests? My aim is trumblepm, Umph in game.

Umph fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Aug 23, 2010

• Locked thread