Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roman Rambo
Dec 21, 2009
I've been playing SoD for a long time. Years even. It is a blast and I highly recommend it. The staff is reasonable and proficient at admistrating the server and it is a nice alternative to the petty administrative feuding that happens on the other custom servers.

The content here is the real star though. All new zones, quests and mechanics make this a lot more fun to play than the original. And there is a ton of progress to be made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman Rambo
Dec 21, 2009

Indecline posted:

I suppose this is kind of a longshot, but I quit a couple years ago and gave my account info away to some goon. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the goon. The account had a 40-something halfling druid on it named Ardun and a couple 20-30 characters. I fully expect the account to have been stripped long ago, but if that goon still plays, please post here or shoot me a PM.

Looks like there's been someone playing him and he's all grown up.

http://www.shardsofdalaya.com/fomelo/fomelo.php?char=ardun

No idea on who is playing him though - you could try asking on irc.shardsofdalaya.com

Roman Rambo
Dec 21, 2009
Goon Squad is on quite a roll lately, having killed Generals and a few other major fights, so if you're looking to escape your relatives for the winter break or whatever now's a sweet time to roll up a new char.

Roman Rambo
Dec 21, 2009
No but if I have anything to say about it we will soon!

Roman Rambo
Dec 21, 2009
Even when Goon Squad was serious it was pretty laid back. Nobody from back then still plays, either.

To add to what MF James said, Meyers has a cool dog so you know he is ok.

Roman Rambo
Dec 21, 2009

Clockwerk posted:

It's admittedly hard to enjoy if you can't find people to play with. You can hit me up if you see me in game (rexion), and tag along with me while I level, if you got nothing better to do

Good leveling session today.

I'm going to be farming all sorts of poo poo-tier gear for Torkt, so feel free to get in any time.

Roman Rambo
Dec 21, 2009
anime standard time

Roman Rambo
Dec 21, 2009
Very successful raid and the first relic! Join up while we're beating the crap out of the low tiers!

Roman Rambo
Dec 21, 2009

bad boys for life posted:

So I had a level 23 wizard and started playing and realized how slow leveling is solo. Are there any guild groups in my range or is everyone 65?

We're mostly 65, but if you want, someone will definitely let you leech xp to 65.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman Rambo
Dec 21, 2009

Ketocon posted:

we're going to be stuck at this tier farming a crap load so now is a good time to start!

Eh, I mean, advancement is pretty fast. Especially when literally anything that drops is an upgrade for our lovely toons.

• Locked thread