Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

cams posted:

Also in this episode, a wonderful story about how Scott was apparently molested by a drama teacher in high school!

I was like :stare: the entire ride home from work today when he was telling the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

The Berzerker posted:

Seriously the funniest podcast. This episode was really accessible too. I 100% recommend checking it out to those who haven't, they tell a story of a crazy baseball game with the Indians vs. the Rangers from 1974 but you don't need to know anything about baseball to enjoy the story, because the stadium was selling beers for ten cents and uhhh, chaos ensues.

Hahaha, I was familiar with the game and the retelling of it was still wicked funny. I haven't listened to this podcast before and if they're all like this it's totally going on the list

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Reformed Pissboy posted:

Hahaha, I was familiar with the game and the retelling of it was still wicked funny. I haven't listened to this podcast before and if they're all like this it's totally going on the list

For another great baseball related episode, check out "The Rube". Otherwise I recommend the "Competitive Tickling" one. I mean there's only about 15 of them so you can probably just listen to whatever!

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I want April and Scott to do a Morrissey and/or The Smiths podcast in the vein of UTU2TM?, I'll settle for a special one time only episode if need be.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

LesterGroans posted:

I was like :stare: the entire ride home from work today when he was telling the story.
The little details he gives followed by his constantly trying to gloss over it as the episode goes on... well I mean we all had weird times growing up right?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Turtle started his own podcast last month. And in the episode with the dude who played E, they slyly mention (without naming it) that they're aware of my personal favorite Twitter account, @Assistant2Ellin... which I think is a Jake Fogelnest creation. You around to deny it, Jake?

U Talkin' Bout Turtle? or are you Blue Turtlin'?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I can't wait til the Dollop runs out of stupid Americans and do a Rasputin episode.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Maerlyn posted:

I want April and Scott to do a Morrissey and/or The Smiths podcast in the vein of UTU2TM?, I'll settle for a special one time only episode if need be.

I like this idea. Tweet them. And they can talk about Steve Lilywhite again.

Edit: Even just a one off on "The Queen is Dead."

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Aug 7, 2014

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
If they do a one-off how will PFT guest? You can't have a Morrissey podcast without PFT guesting.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Squishy posted:

If they do a one-off how will PFT guest? You can't have a Morrissey podcast without PFT guesting.

It's like movies that have a "guest star" credit.

I once had a back and forth with PFT on my old twitter account about the vocal on "Big Mouth Strikes Again". One of the highlights of my life.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Really good Dana Gould podcast this time around, although I apparently have exact opposite tastes in music than Dana.

edit: no mention of the Kennedys though.

Drunkboxer fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Aug 7, 2014

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I love super long Go Baysides, and the Aukerman one was loving perfect.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Rory Scovel is back on The Todd Glass Show! And it sounds like there's no serious part? Have I died and gone to the hipper part of hell?

And now Daniel Kinno this week! Can't wait to listen to it :3:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't listened to today's episode but yeah the Rory Scovel one last week was fantastic. It reminded me a lot of the early episodes. Todd should just pay Rory Scovel, Daniel Kinno, Jen Kirkman, PFT, Henry Phillips and James Adomian to appear on his podcast on rotation every week until the end of time

It might also help if someone assassinates Tom Martin

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

I haven't listened to today's episode but yeah the Rory Scovel one last week was fantastic. It reminded me a lot of the early episodes. Todd should just pay Rory Scovel, Daniel Kinno, Jen Kirkman, PFT, Henry Phillips and James Adomian to appear on his podcast on rotation every week until the end of time

James Adomian on the Todd Glass Podcast is one of my favorite things in the world.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Latest go bayside goes off the loving RAILS

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

Help Im Alive posted:

Ron Funches can return as much as he'd like, too. (this may be true of any podcast or show)

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter

ChickenArise posted:

Ron Funches can return as much as he'd like, too. (this may be true of any podcast or show)

Ron Funches was just on the Fitzdog Radio podcast, and the first part of the show was the two of them talking about Robin Williams. Interesting to hear him talking about something so serious.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

I can't imagine Ron Funches ever being serious.

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter

Brock Samson posted:

I can't imagine Ron Funches ever being serious.

Ron Funches posted:

"A lot of the comedy comes from escaping previous traumas. Wearing the mask of a clown when you're really sad."

There's a lot of that podcast where he's just telling stories about his life, and he's not in the overly happy and giggly persona. It's definitely an interesting listen. It's not Marc Maron serious, but he's just having a normal conversation for most of it.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

benito posted:

Ron Funches was just on the Fitzdog Radio podcast, and the first part of the show was the two of them talking about Robin Williams. Interesting to hear him talking about something so serious.

He was on Greg Fitzsimmons recently, too. I've got both saved at the moment for an upcoming car ride or something.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
A new episode of the Bone Zone with Johnny Pemberton??? That's always good news. Time for another freestyle maybe? I remember laughing out loud at the one he did over Semisonic's "Closing Time". I don't know how many people in this thread listen to the Bone Zone or still listen to the Bone Zone, but it's worth it.

Oh snap, I just noticed it actually has a thread for once. My bad!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3618722

Still listening to and enjoying The Bone Zone, MBMBAM, and UYD for the most part.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

The Berzerker posted:

For another great baseball related episode, check out "The Rube".

This and Carry A Nation are spellbinding. Give The Dollop a try if you haven't already!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Chris Hardwick could not sound less interested on Go Bayside

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Riptor posted:

which one?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Earthquake, I think it's last weeks

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Riptor posted:

I think he explains midway through that he is really loopy from getting barely any sleep the prior night. He brings it by the end of the episode, imho. "Mrs. Belding, did you gently caress a corn monster?"

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

In the last couple of months I think I've listened to like 60 episodes of Stop Podcasting Yourself

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I've listened to the Dollop's treatment of Lilly's talking dolphin episode and the one from Radiolab. I prefer the former.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
By the way, Race Wars had Artie Lange back on the episode posted yesterday. He's such an amazing guest and perfect for the show, it's awesome how Kurt and Sherrod get these guys in.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

New episode of Lou Reads dropped today.

Ep 127 - My Little Waifu

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

King Lou posted:

New episode of Lou Reads dropped today.

Ep 127 - My Little Waifu

I just learned too much. Again. D:

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Besides Lou Reads and The F Plus, what other comedy podcasts base their material on horrible internet stuff?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

toanoradian posted:

Besides Lou Reads and The F Plus, what other comedy podcasts base their material on horrible internet stuff?

The Fogelnest Files hosted by SA poster Jakey "Foges" Fogelnest is kind of like Everything is Terrible: The Podcast. It's based on a live show, so the video episodes on YouTube are a lot better than the pure audio ones.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The Dollop loving destroyed me this week. I was so furious and also laughing so hard.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Where's my JJHo? :(

I definitely hope they get more Crazy Mom cases in the future. Crazy dads are great but they just go "yeah, I guess I do weird stuff. Deal with it." Crazy moms go "I don't have any memory of that and also my daughter is a liar who eats garbage off the floor and shouldn't be trusted."

homer
Jan 4, 2001

Illinois Smith posted:

Where's my JJHo? :(

At the end of the last episode they said it'll be back September 10th.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

The Fogelnest Files hosted by SA poster Jakey "Foges" Fogelnest is kind of like Everything is Terrible: The Podcast. It's based on a live show, so the video episodes on YouTube are a lot better than the pure audio ones.

Please make more episodes, Jake :(

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
New Race Wars podcast just went up, this time with Rich Vos and Bonnie MacFarlane! There's apparently an episode coming up with another great guests as well; I think it was Jim Breuer but I can't recall precisely. Last week had Artie Lange, and it ruled so goddamn hard like the first time he was on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I tried a few minutes of Race Wars but they just seemed like unfunny dicks so I unsubbed. Maybe I'll give it another try.

• Locked thread