Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet
http://sleepycabin.com/audio/sleepycast-01/

This is some hilarious poo poo, and it even costars the guy who did battleblock theater! The podcast is new so you'll have to follow the link and hold off on using podcast addict. Some hillybilly program is already using the name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Snowy posted:

I tried a few minutes of Race Wars but they just seemed like unfunny dicks so I unsubbed. Maybe I'll give it another try.

It sounds like its 2 guys who are once-a-month guests on shock jock radio trying to host a shock jock podcast.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
:siren:NEW MATES!!!:siren:

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Riptor posted:

GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY

Edit: Pick a snack. Eat a snack. Rate a snack.

tnimark fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Sep 9, 2014

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
dad you should come to norway there's hiking and history and also taco fridays

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

This week's Stop Podcasting Yourself was really funny okay thanks bye

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Have I ever mentioned how happy it makes me that weird al has had this huge resurgence in the la comedy scene

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Piquai Souban posted:

This and Carry A Nation are spellbinding. Give The Dollop a try if you haven't already!

This is some good poo poo. Thanks for the recommendation, guys!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Riptor posted:

TWO NEW MATES!!! I never thought I'd see the day since it was pretty much common knowledge that they died.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Riptor posted:

This makes me so happy! They are masters, stormtroopers hitting the ground beeeow beeeow!

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

flashy_mcflash posted:

TWO NEW MATES!!! I never thought I'd see the day since it was pretty much common knowledge that they died.

How awesome that they found each other again at the Reccies!

If you like The Dollop, Dave Anthony is running a Kickstarter to send him to the Melbourne Comedy Festival. He begins his video in the worst way ever, but it looks like he's already made it with 28 days to go.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I'm starting to let myself believe that MATES is really back for real.

apistat
Nov 4, 2004

Meet you on the roof?
I am seven minutes into this week's Who Charted (#199, Nova Rockafeller, Jensen Karp), and has already hit a legendary level of insanity.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The audio on the most recent Dead Author's Podcast is really bad :(. It sounds like the mic is in the middle of the audience.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Drunkboxer posted:

The audio on the most recent Dead Author's Podcast is really bad :(. It sounds like the mic is in the middle of the audience.

It's a pretty awesome episode too. PFT, Seth Morris, and Brian Huskey all kill it. I wish the DAP people would do more checking on how the audio will end up before they begin recording, that's pretty much the only thing I don't love about some of the episodes.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Punch Card posted:

It's a pretty awesome episode too. PFT, Seth Morris, and Brian Huskey all kill it. I wish the DAP people would do more checking on how the audio will end up before they begin recording, that's pretty much the only thing I don't love about some of the episodes.

Yeah what's up with that? You'd think that recording at the UCB, which has people record live PYHT and Doug Loves Movies every week, that they'd have access to someone who knows what they're doing. Even if it's away from the UCB, PFT should be able to get 826LA to pay one of the Earwolf Codys to work the show.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Drunkboxer posted:

Did anyone else hear the people talking at full volume towards the end?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

This subforum doesn't show up in search, so I have no idea if this show has been mentioned yet or not. I only casually listened to talk radio and never really got into podcasts until I found this show, A Mediocre Time with Tom and Dan. They're two ex-radio personalities from the Orlando, FL area.

The OP suggested I link to a favorite episode or segment, so here's a recent one. The good part starts at about 25 minutes. I've caught up on like the past six months of episodes so far and enjoyed most of them, but I'm probably biased since I was already fans of these guys before they quit terrestrial radio.

They do a free show every Friday at 2PM, and have a video stream link on their website, but it's pretty pointless to watch; two low-res webcams of guys sitting and talking.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Drunkboxer posted:

I thought it got much better about 10 minutes in. I listened to it with headphones and thought it was fine after that apart from PFT being louder than the other guys and the crowd chatter being louder than usual. It's nowhere near that early Andy Daly ep that they didn't release for two years.

This was really great, Vonnegut was a guest I've been looking forward to ever since discovering the podcast. Never heard of the columnist lady but their chemistry was fantastic. Also Seth's wig looks amazing.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I'll give it another shot, I didn't make it 10 minutes in. I just couldn't hear anything but the crowd laughter over the din of the bus I was riding.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

apistat posted:

I am seven minutes into this week's Who Charted (#199, Nova Rockafeller, Jensen Karp), and has already hit a legendary level of insanity.

Jensen Karp had Nova on his own podcast recently. And not recently - I think she hangs out for a bit during the Adam Pally episode.
Get up on Get Up On This.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Illinois Smith posted:

Never heard of the columnist lady

Be grateful you didn't live in a time when Erma Bombeck was huge.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

The LA Podfest offers streaming for a pretty good deal--all weekend, plus any video for another three weeks.

http://lapodfest.com/live/

Most of your favorite podcasts probably offer a discount code as well, save $5 off the thing. Watching Girl on Guy right now, with Aisha Tyler interviewing Marc Maron.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
Hey, if you're a regular MaxFun listener, next week is MaxFun week, which is a celebration of all the network's shows and comedians.

I'm writing a bunch of very obscure MaxFun jokes and topics for a special International Waters. Anyone have any favorite inside jokes, references, or even old MaxFun segments I can talk about? For example, I pitched us doing a "Hulk Hogan News" question for our news roundup, and we're gonna do something with JJGO's "Straight Talk For Teens."

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Garfield with Pam Anderson's body

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Do a question about Flex Magazine and make everyone answer during a Pop Rocks Minute. I don't know.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Punch someone in the belly, then call them retarded.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Asterios posted:

Hey, if you're a regular MaxFun listener, next week is MaxFun week, which is a celebration of all the network's shows and comedians.

I'm writing a bunch of very obscure MaxFun jokes and topics for a special International Waters. Anyone have any favorite inside jokes, references, or even old MaxFun segments I can talk about? For example, I pitched us doing a "Hulk Hogan News" question for our news roundup, and we're gonna do something with JJGO's "Straight Talk For Teens."

Tell a long winded story about how black people talk funny, the classic Jesse bit from JJGO.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I'm a couple of months behind on International Waters, but whoever decided "Speed Racist" would be a good name for a TV show is a genius. :D

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ahahahah the long-rear end derail (is it a derail if it happens before the episode begins in earnest?) about the intro music and the contract for the orchestra on the new MATES!!

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

prefect posted:

I'm a couple of months behind on International Waters, but whoever decided "Speed Racist" would be a good name for a TV show is a genius. :D

That was me!

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

Chris Fairbanks, Allie Ward & I all guest on this week's Jordan, Jesse, Go. Jessie couldn't make it so Jordan ran the show, and it was a lot of fun!

http://www.maximumfun.org/jordan-jesse-go/jordan-jesse-go-episode-345-saab-story-chris-fairbanks-asterios-kokkinos-and-alie-wa

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Just saw this on Podmass, Moshe Kasher has a new podcast with a good premise and a very funny first episode. Him, an expert and two comedians talk about a topic on stage at UCB. First episode is about harems, your enjoyment of it will depend on how much you like Pete Holmes.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
So why does the Dollop have so many Australian fans?

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

Drunkboxer posted:

So why does the Dollop have so many Australian fans?

Wil Anderson is always encouraging people to check it out as Dave Anthony is Guest Charlie #1 on FOFOP (TOFOP).

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I hope this week's Dead Authors is just an hour-long How British Am I-off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV4j52VaCys

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
What does Wells say at the end (if anything)?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

GraPar posted:

Just saw this on Podmass, Moshe Kasher has a new podcast with a good premise and a very funny first episode. Him, an expert and two comedians talk about a topic on stage at UCB. First episode is about harems, your enjoyment of it will depend on how much you like Pete Holmes.

This sounds really interesting, but Hound Tall? what

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Don't get me wrong, I really like Moshe Kasher, but isn't that basically Professor Blastoff's setup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

ChickenArise posted:

Wil Anderson is always encouraging people to check it out as Dave Anthony is Guest Charlie #1 on FOFOP (TOFOP).

Oh that makes sense. I haven't listened to that podcast at all. On a related note, I'm not looking forward to the Iraq war episode of the Dollop he hinted at recently. Sounds like a bummer.

• Locked thread