Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

Conduit for Sale! posted:

This sounds really interesting, but Hound Tall? what

It's a not-quite-there spoonerism of Town Hall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Mr. Squishy posted:

What does Wells say at the end (if anything)?

I think "Avaaah-leebah in Ehteeuns"

Available on iTunes?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Wil is killing me with FOFOP/TOFOP lately. I love the show, but he's been dropping 6 to 8 hours of new episodes every week. I need like a week off from work to catch up with podcasts.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

sick duck, dude

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Illinois Smith posted:

I hope this week's Dead Authors is just an hour-long How British Am I-off.
Love that it didn't even take them two minutes to adress this. Best Dead Authors ever.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
maths

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
So much for that whole "having time to stay caught up with all my favorite podcasts" thing: http://www.avclub.com/article/tom-scharpling-says-best-show-coming-back-november-210355

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Poopy Palpy posted:

So much for that whole "having time to stay caught up with all my favorite podcasts" thing: http://www.avclub.com/article/tom-scharpling-says-best-show-coming-back-november-210355

Oh gently caress yes

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

The excerpt Gourley read on the latest DAP was INSANE.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Is the real Ian Fleming that much of an rear end in a top hat? A misogynist narcissist who thinks he can do no wrong? I mean, I know most everything in Dead Author's Podcast are improv jokes, but sometimes they're based on actual things.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
It appears that Walking the Room's hiatus is permanent. At least there is still the Dollop and FOFOP.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Did Greg get into more dog pills?

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
Link?

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Dave posted a definition of the word "done" on the WtR facebook page. When someone asked for an explanation he said "I'll give you one when I calm down. For now, it's over." Sounds like Greggers done hosed up again.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
Ah - well, Dave has announced that the podcast is "cancelled" before. Hopefully they work it out this time, too.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

"Greg "FTD" B. posted:

An Explanation. Cuddlahs, Cuddlers, and Others! I Sweater, am alone responsible for the blow up of the Walking The Room podcast. For months now this page had become something a Dollop annex I suppose. I'm not surprised by that. WTR was on a sort of "career break" I've been hustling as hard as I can to put my life in order and and my career back on track post dog pills. (ha ha remember) That's made podcasting hard. So that Dave has a new podcast or two is understandable. What happened was this: For the last few months, since the inception of the Dollop really, I was surprised how cruel or insensitive some people have been to me on here in regards to The Dollop and specifically Gareth. Twitter? I get. But here? This is my page too. This was "our" page. I get there will be comparisons or whatever but really? Here? "I like the Dollop better." "Gareth is like Greg if Greg could speak full sentences and was funny." "Don't miss him" You get it. Yes there have been many posts that are quite the opposite. Lovely in fact and they didn't disparage Gareth or the Dollop. So I just stopped coming.. Sometimes I'd post about a show but It felt like a different place. And I didn't want to get my feelings hurt since most of the posts were non WTR related. Yesterday there were 50 or so notices from Fb about WTR on my iPad. So I thought something crazy had happened. And apparently there's a Live Dollop w Patton. And I was like gently caress this is a full blown dollop page. So really half jokingly I swapped out the avatar and the banner. It was dumb but it was also meant to poke the bear not set it on fire. When I was on my way to work this morning I saw the same thing you guys did. I loved doing this show. It, in many many ways, actually saved my life and gave me a music career along the way. So did you. This was it's own thing. It wasn't a podcast, It was a podcuddle. I love all of you despite what you may or may not think about me and I have made some amazing friends and acquaintances. And to be fair we did some pretty amazing work. There isn't an episode that doesn't have at least one nugget of supremely pathetic, supremely funny and supremely personal comedy. It may even be the best comedy work I've done or will ever do. My apologies for messing up our show. My gratitude for you supporting our cause. Forever Nope Sweater.

Wouldn't be surprised if it comes back again

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
So Greggers made a joke out of frustration and Dave's anger issues popped up. It's like an actual episode.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
That's nuts.

On the one hand, that's a terrible reason for a podcast to end - a fight over a Facebook profile page. On the other hand, that's walking the room.

I bet they'll work it out again, like they did last time.

And I really hope Greg returns to podcasting soon. He's got his own thing going on for sure.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
More drama:

Dave posted:

So, many of you feel we owe an explanation or a final podcast to you but that's not going to happen. I ended the podcast and I have my reasons and some things you just don't get to know. That's life. Sorry. But I'm sticking by my decision. It's better for everyone involved, in my opinion.

Plenty more here: https://www.facebook.com/DaveAnthonyWTR/posts/861973457155311

Listening to those two, I'm sure they won't stay quiet forever.

Maybe one of them will start a podcast with Tom Scharpling and the other with Paul F. Tompkins.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

wafflesnsegways posted:

More drama:

Plenty more here: https://www.facebook.com/DaveAnthonyWTR/posts/861973457155311

Listening to those two, I'm sure they won't stay quiet forever.

Maybe one of them will start a podcast with Tom Scharpling and the other with Paul F. Tompkins.

Both Walking the Room and TOFOP ended with an episode with Charlie Clausen. Coincidence?

Billy Gnosis fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Oct 13, 2014

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

So effectively Greg walked the room of his own podcast.

Seems appropriate.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Dave makes a good point, Walking the Room was born out of desperation by two washed up comedians down on their luck. Now they are back on track having accrued a fanbase just by being themselves, the podcast is not needed anymore and 200 episodes is a hell of a run. Especially considering how loving good they are.

The Dollop is a different beast but it's also pretty great.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

toanoradian posted:

Is the real Ian Fleming that much of an rear end in a top hat? A misogynist narcissist who thinks he can do no wrong? I mean, I know most everything in Dead Author's Podcast are improv jokes, but sometimes they're based on actual things.

yes

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE
In other Walking the Room news, Dave Grohl wore a Gas Can Squirrel Beer shirt on Letterman last night.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Highly recommend the newish Pauly Shore’s Interested podcast. It’s surprisingly mature and I think his living arrangement plays a part. Pauly is currently staying with his mom Mitzi to take care of her while she suffers from Parkinson’s. There’s two guests on each episode, with one of the guests commentating on the main interview.

Episode #1 came out the week Robin Williams killed himself. He interviews Robin’s best friend Rick Overton. Overton mentions how Robin’s text messages got shorter and shorter in his final month.

Episode #3 has Pauly interviewing an inebriated Andy Dick with his son Lucas Dick, also a comedian, giving his thoughts on his dad’s long history of drug problems. This one is realllllly dark. Pauly casually mentions to Lucas if he ever heard his dad’s story about getting tag-teamed by two dudes.

Episode #5 Pauly interviews his dad Sammy Shore, the founder of the Comedy Store, and his old writing partner. Pauly casually asks his dad about getting pussy on the road while a married man.

Future eps have Chris Rock, Marc Maron, and Grover Norquist.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Mst3kmann posted:

In other Walking the Room news, Dave Grohl wore a Gas Can Squirrel Beer shirt on Letterman last night.

Pics or it didn't happen.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
https://twitter.com/gregorybehrendt/status/523139932806983680

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Highly recommend the newish Pauly Shore’s Interested podcast. It’s surprisingly mature and I think his living arrangement plays a part. Pauly is currently staying with his mom Mitzi to take care of her while she suffers from Parkinson’s. There’s two guests on each episode, with one of the guests commentating on the main interview.

Episode #1 came out the week Robin Williams killed himself. He interviews Robin’s best friend Rick Overton. Overton mentions how Robin’s text messages got shorter and shorter in his final month.

Episode #3 has Pauly interviewing an inebriated Andy Dick with his son Lucas Dick, also a comedian, giving his thoughts on his dad’s long history of drug problems. This one is realllllly dark. Pauly casually mentions to Lucas if he ever heard his dad’s story about getting tag-teamed by two dudes.

Episode #5 Pauly interviews his dad Sammy Shore, the founder of the Comedy Store, and his old writing partner. Pauly casually asks his dad about getting pussy on the road while a married man.

I was super interested in this but I can't find a valid RSS URL. The one on the site (http://www.paulyshore.com/interested/?format=rss) just leads to the comments for each episode and some of them don't give a download link when played. Stupid loving weez.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

So had he ever heard that story?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
"Pauly Shore talks to Andy Dick while he's hosed up and then to Andy Dick's kid about his dad's sex life" sounds like just about the least enticing podcast scenario I've ever heard.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Ho ly poo poo. Andy Dick telling his son about getting tag-teamed by two guys. That is... not something I can restrain myself from listening to.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Beeez posted:

So had he ever heard that story?

No but he wasn't all that surprised for it. He was really well-adjusted and honest and happy for someone who had to grow up with a screw-up for a dad. It's actually pretty touching. Andy's part of the interview is much sadder though. That afternoon he got in an argument with the friend he was staying at and went to the Comedy Store to try and find a place to crash. Pauly says he would've let him but he was super drunk and coked out and couldn't take him home to mom. Lucas adds that having his dad over to stay usually just ends up with Andy yelling and moaning until 8AM.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

Ariza posted:

I was super interested in this but I can't find a valid RSS URL. The one on the site (http://www.paulyshore.com/interested/?format=rss) just leads to the comments for each episode and some of them don't give a download link when played. Stupid loving weez.

http://paulyshoresinterested.libsyn.com/rss

Listened to a few on my commute home. I like it.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

ChickenArise posted:

http://paulyshoresinterested.libsyn.com/rss

Listened to a few on my commute home. I like it.

Perfect, thanks. It's loving weird listening to Paulie Shore again. It makes me feel like I'm 12.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
That Andy Dick episode is unreal. Holy poo poo. I never thought I'd hear an interview in which Pauly loving Shore is the grounded voice of reason. I really hope Andy Dick gets the help he needs :(

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm not as sold on the podcast as everyone else. I don't think Paulie's a particularly good interviewer and the format means whenever you're getting into something some rad bass plays and then you're re-introduced to the other guy.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

you should see pauly do stand up because its a trip, he's not bad and also he's pretty interesting w/r/t his own popularity

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Hooooooly poo poo, I thought I was a socially anxious nerd but this week's JJHO guest has taken this poo poo to the next level.

http://maximumfun.org/images/mobytheory.pdf

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The most recent Dollop (Smallop) was great. I had to stifle my laughter at work after John L Sullivan hit him with the pool cue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Binowru posted:

That Andy Dick episode is unreal. Holy poo poo. I never thought I'd hear an interview in which Pauly loving Shore is the grounded voice of reason. I really hope Andy Dick gets the help he needs :(

Years ago, Pauly had a reality show about helping run the Comedy Store, and he seemed pretty grounded. I watched an episode and it wasn't bad. Didn't last long, though. Still I'd say the days of "Da Weasel" are LONG gone.

• Locked thread