Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Film maker Kevin Smith; some hate him some love him, try his podcast and see which camp you are in.

http://www.smodcast.com/

The main Smodcast is good as is Tell 'em Steve Dave.

(Fake edit: Not a podcast, but awesome: http://www.kevinpollakschatshow.com/)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Tears In A Vial posted:

I listened to a few of these back when I was first getting into podcasts. They're pretty atrocious at times, and the ones with his wife are unbearable. I think I'd rather double date with Ian Huntley and Maxine Carr than those two. Basically, if you want to listen to a really, really fat guy talk about loving his odd-looking wife, give this a bash.

Yeah it can be hit and miss (especially with guest hosts like his wife, daughter or mother) but, give a few of them a try as you might get a rotten one at first. If you still don't like it, try one of the other podcasts in the OP.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

bananasinpajamas posted:

Here's a good place to find all the old episodes of Doug Loves Movies (formerly I Love Movies). Some good ones to choose from:

Jon Hamm and Jimmy Pardo. Just great chemistry between the three of them. Hamm (of Mad Men fame) really knows comedy.

I just finished listening to this one; I can only say that I hope that they get better. It was far from bad, but I was hoping for much more.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I complained about episode 120 of Comedy Bang Bang in it's 'Comments' section and they banned me from the forums.

What an awesome place Earwolf is! If you lather their rear end up properly they let you hang around but if you say a show is awful they put their fingers in their ears and boot you out.

It really makes me want to donate!

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 30, 2011

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Because I jump around and stacking that episode up against Bill Cosby Bukowski, the new episode is garbage. Also it was just bad.

soru posted:

Did you say something worthwhile or just call it awful?

My first post (edit: see above) was met with posts calling me a retard and having no sense of humor. I attempted a well thought out rebuttal, which was removed. After that I appologised to the admins for not being a big enough suck up to have my messages stay up, and I got banned.

No I am not an idiot, I realize that the post that got me banned was childish mod-sass but gently caress those assholes. You can empty post for days as long as it is sycophantic sucking up like:

"Wonderful stuff. The kind of bizzaro chucklemining that only CBB can give!"
and
"Thank you for being so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
and
"This was super great!"

But defending your position and then airing a gripe about being censored is dealt with swiftly and harshly.

gently caress it, I'll just post here where the mods are reasonable and the discussion is (typically) of a higher calibur.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 30, 2011

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Perhaps I am in a foul mood, so just never mind. This isn't going to do anything but turn into a poo poo storm. I will refrain from posting on CBB or in this thread.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

King Lou I absolutely adore your reading of CumOnFood.net your discomfort is hilarious.

edit: The pee forum one was great as well. I always knew hotel rooms were gross but now I actively dread using a hotel ever again.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Sep 1, 2011

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Is there anywhere to get episodes of SuperEgo that are MP3s? I can't access the quicktime files available on their website as quicktime isn't installed on my work computer and I don't have the correct permissions to install it myself.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

If you are aware of Bond as a cultural icon and many of his tropes, you should be OK; but I won't lie having (ever) seen the films they are discussing will make it better. Give episodes 1 and or 2 a try and you should know if you will like it. Skip episode 5 the guests are awful. They keep ragging on how old and silly the movie looks and it gets very annoying. They have discussed redoing that episode it was so poorly received.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

wafflesnsegways posted:

Episode 5 got better when they gave up on discussing the movie. The movie really pissed off the guests and they couldn't take the discussion anywhere else. It's too bad, because Goldfinger has A LOT to discuss that they never really got to.

I never made it to that point. I hope they do revisit it with different guests.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

King Lou posted:

I just posted my latest episode

http://loureads.com/2014/04/14/lou-reads-revisits-the-poz-experience-at-raw-tops-breeding-zone/ :nms:

Also if you live in the NYC area I'll be doing a live version of my podcast @

http://remixnyc.com/2014

CultureHub, 47 Great Jones St.
April 26th., 8pm

Tickets are $20, but $10 with the discount code ARTFAN.

Basically I'll be reading some of my favorite nonsense from the past 5 years of podcasts. Bring a friend. Gross them out...

I wanted to say that your podcast can be hit or miss, (but that shouldn't be a surprise when the content you are reading is so varied) sometimes I love it, other times I'm not so interested. I do have to say that any time you need to stop because the stuff you are reading makes you nauseous is just the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

16 min into the PFT ep of The Todd Glass Show and there's no way this isn't going to be an amazing episode.

e: PFT seriously is the Todd Whisperer.

Is it the Jen Kirkman episode (#152)?

• Locked thread