Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
I'm kind of surprised that I haven't seen this yet, but the Mike O'Meara show is pretty good. It's essentially what got me into podcasts in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Bhodi posted:

Edit: ^^^^ beaten by 5 minutes, dammit. Seriously, listen to this one podcast if you listen to any of them.

The Mike Omeara Show deserves more than just a casual mention. It's incredibly funny.

All of them were widely syndicated (the Don and Mike show, Big O & Dukes) on terrestrial radio and it's a daily hour of professionally created content.

You can find it on itunes or use the RSS feeds from the website, plug it right into the 'listen' android app - either way works perfectly.

It's pretty much the only podcast I listen to. Too bad they got kicked off of WJFK just so they could make more room for lovely sports radio.

Although, funny enough, the radio station that broadcasts WJFK's stuff here got sold off after they switched to the sports radio format. It actually changed hands a couple times before turning into an alternative music station. Guess the sports talk format just wasn't that popular.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hey, why isn't the Mike O'Meara Show in the op?

The show is pretty much left overs after WJFK switched to a lovely all-sports format. The main staff comes from the Don and Mike show, which was awesome when it was on, and few from the other talk shows from that station. They're professional radio guys who are loving hilarious and do an awesome 1 hour show Monday through Friday. They even have a live Ustream when they are recording which is kind of cool to tune in to from time to time, but otherwise, why the hell would you want to watch radio guys do a show instead of just listening to it? :psyduck:

They have an iPhone/iPod app for listening/downloading to the show on those devices, and have Bonus Hours/Uncensored hours for sale that are hilarious. They are definitely worth a listen, and the only podcast I even consider listening to.

My Linux Rig fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Oct 5, 2010

• Locked thread