Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mid
Aug 2, 2002

Bang.

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Ice-T is the best CDR character.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xe4878_paul-f-tompkins-icet-in-comedy-deat_fun

Emphasis on this. I haven't laughed as much as I did when I first heard this. Completely unexpected since I normally think the characters on CDR are the shows weak point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mid
Aug 2, 2002

Bang.
Since we are talking about budding podcasts, I thought I should mention Dave Hill has a new podcast called Dave Hill's Podcasting Incident which is pretty good. It's a little hard to get into off the bat but the banter can be pretty entertaining to listen to. The Dick Cavett two-part interview had a lot of great classic stories but I still haven't listened to the latest two episodes featuring Moby and Janeane Garofalo respectively.

Also, it's great to see so much podcasting interest.

mid
Aug 2, 2002

Bang.
Someone posted about this over at the AST Forums and I thought it would be good to bring it to the attention of people here. Kevin Pollak talks about the future of podcasting and an upcoming pay-per-podcast system.

http://news.tubefilter.tv/2011/01/24/aol-late-night-bows-with-kevin-pollak-adam-carolla-and-kevin-smith/

quote:

I’ve been working for the past 6 months with the podcast section of iTunes on a precident-setting new infrastructure, by which the most popular podcasts can charge a small fee from your iTunes account, instead of asking the audience to leave the site and link to the show’s site and sign up for a whole new subscription. In the coming days, in fact, you’ll see us roll out a new super small fee per full (over 2 hours, in most cases) version of the Chat Show on iTunes. For years now, music lovers have paid $9.99 or more for an album that’s usually an hour or less in length. This experiment of ours dares to declare that the time has come for the audience to pay 99 cents, or $1.99, for over 2 hours of entertainment in the form of a podcast. Steve Jobs and Apple didn’t change the way we get our favorite music and support our favorite artists by giving the content away for free, so why should those of us who work every day to provide a live weekly show not have the same relationship with our audience?

mid
Aug 2, 2002

Bang.

redz posted:

How can you not like Pardo in the episode of DLM with Lithgow?

I'm not the biggest fan of Pardo, but him and PFT made the perfect pairing with Lithgow as a guest.

mid
Aug 2, 2002

Bang.
For all you Tig Notaro fans, Earwolf dropped this new podcast.

http://www.earwolf.com/show/professor-blastoff

This show is a weekly conversation between Tig Notaro (Sarah Silverman Program, Deathray Radio’s “Good One Robot) and her co-hosts Kyle Dunnigan (Reno 911, Comedy Central Presents) and David Huntsberger (Comedy Central’s Premium Blend) in which they focus on a central theme they find interesting. The topics range from scientific to philosophical and metaphysical.

mid
Aug 2, 2002

Bang.
I actually like Tig in small doses, but Planet Blastoff is far too much. I made it to 14:25 and had to turn it off.

mid fucked around with this message at 22:15 on May 5, 2011

mid
Aug 2, 2002

Bang.

King Lou posted:

He said "Sorry I was distracted by that guy doing an impersonation of The Situation"

And Doug said something to the effect that 10 years ago that sentence wouldn't have meant anything.

Personally I felt Hardwick really hammering the D&D nerd and sex jokes. He's super blue. But I laughed so what do I know...

I was at the show as well. It did seem like Hardwick was relying heavily on the sex jokes and latching onto nerd references, but he was still pretty funny. The blue part was pretty out of character though.

I was a little disappointed with the guests for the shows. Maybe it's just me but Rob Cantrell seemed to really phone everything in. Myq Kaplan was amazing for the interruption though.

mid
Aug 2, 2002

Bang.
Todd Glass also recently announced through Twitter that he will have a podcast, The Todd Glass Show, through Nerdist. Exact date will be announced next week.

mid
Aug 2, 2002

Bang.

ASL NIGGA posted:

The best part about it is the fact Jay Mohr will tell you exactly who he is talking about, as opposed to people who go "I don't want to name names."

Thanks for posting this. It's one of my pet peeves when they do this on podcasts. I understand why but it really takes away from a good story. I've had this in my backlog of podcasts to listen to but i'll be listening to this soon.

mid
Aug 2, 2002

Bang.

substitute posted:

This is going to seem like I work for Marc or something, but I think all the live episodes for sale are great. They have some EPIC confrontations between Marc and guest (Morgan Murphy, Michael Ian Black), and generally just great comics in front of live audiences where they're at their best.

http://www.wtfpodshop.com/

EPISODE 2 - ASPEN
Live broadcast from the Rooftop Comedy Festival in Aspen, Colorado, featuring Ryan Singer, Chris Fairbanks, Hannibal Burress, Shane Mauss, and Michael Ian Black. Taped 6/12/10.

This. Especially the Aspen episode listed. None of the other live WTF's since have really compared with the ones he put up for sale a while back. Live at Comix is great too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mid
Aug 2, 2002

Bang.

wafflesnsegways posted:

WTF with Carrot Top is weird. Carrot Top himself is fine, but he's got his opening act in the interview with him, and this guy just chimes in to talk about how great Carrot Top is. It's... something.

This. The interview would have been more interesting if it was just Maron and Carrot Top talking one on one but his opening act kept popping up anything authentic and real was going on. Not to mention that it's him kissing up to Carrot Top the entire time. At times it seemed like he was protecting him from Maron or something.

• Locked thread