Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

The_Rob posted:

I disagree with you about CDR completely. Them joking around is fun, but the characters are what sets it apart from any other comedy podcast. Not to mention the characters are usually great.

Yeah, I'm with you. The characters are great, especially Paul F. Thomkins'. What I really like are the interactions between the guests who are not in character and the guests who are.

I do wish they'd space out Would You Rather a little more, though. Make it a treat, as Sarah Silverman would say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I actually really dug Loch and Key.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

bananasinpajamas posted:

This week's CDR is the best thing that has ever happened

Howard Stern's penis.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

WTF was great this week. I cannot believe how hard Louis CK works.

Also, CDR had me cracking up when I heard the last half hour today -- hope Patrick McMahan returns with some more Johnny McGorey stories.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Cast Iron Brick posted:

Plenty of great comedians go on that show and are able to improvise and react without resorting to their material.

I'm pretty sure every comedian that goes on CDR as themselves (as opposed to a character) does some of their material. Scott even sets up the bits (and will even turn that into a joke if it's a particularly obvious setup and the guest isn't getting it). Even the characters have bits prepared for the show.

The live WTF yesterday had some awesome uncomfortableness, and Eddie Peppitone is always great in small doses.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

RightClickSaveAs posted:

If you've never had a chance to watch the magic that is Huell Howser you've been missing out. I first heard about his show from listening to Loveline, where Adam Carolla would always talk about it.

Huell Howser visits the Bagdad Cafe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImpGsMenmSs

There's a bunch more on Youtube but that's probably the best. The punchline to the Burt Lancaster painting is priceless.

Wow, what a great sketch starring James Adomian. Some dead spots but he really commits to his character. For a second I thought this Huell Howser might be a real person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

big business sloth posted:

Well I know Huell howser is a real person, geez

I wasn't making fun of your comment, just trying to be funny about the fact that I can't believe Huell Howswer is a real person.

• Locked thread