Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
I'm a big fan of the Adam Carolla show, WTF with Marc Maron, the Monday Morning Podcast with Bill Burr, and the Joe Rogan Experience can also be really good as long as he's talking about comedy and not MMA. The Nerdist can be great but it depends on the guest.

Did anybody hear the recent WTF when Maron interviewed Patrice O'Neal? poo poo got pretty heavy in that one, O'Neal talked about his youth and his statutory rape charge and his time in prison, and how hosed up he is because he never had a father. Also he rags on women a lot, while Maron nervously chuckles along. It was one of the more entertaining WTF's I ever heard. http://wtfpod.libsyn.com/ (episode 95)

Also, the Ricky Gervais World Cup Preview (free on iTunes as opposed to his other pay stuff) had some great moments, like when Karl Pilkington talked about how he spent 15 minutes in his garden "just slathering".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

soru posted:

The Would You Rather from the CDR episode with Robb Corddry, Lake Bell, and the Cake Boss is one of the greatest things I've ever heard.

That whole episode was magical. Even before the Would You Rather segment I was laughing my rear end off at the "Cake Boss" going on about how he had been bitten by a cake scarab and could communicate with the dead

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

Strange Matter posted:

I just listened to a man impersonate John C. Reilly for a half an hour. I didn't even think that was possible. Paul F. Tompkins is some kind of wunderkind.

PFT can be pretty brilliant. I like the Cake Boss and the John C. Reilly impersonations. But he can also be very irritating at times. For example, the latest Comedy Death Ray. I hate that loving French character he does - Mr. Brainwash or something like that? Just not feeling that one...

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Donald Glover on the Nerdist was fantastic. Dude's a smart, talented guy, it's impossible to hate him.

Looking forward to this week's CDR, I haven't listened to it yet.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Joe Rogan is the stoniest stoner that ever stoned, and as far as his podcast goes, that's both a blessing and a curse.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

nemoulette posted:

Yeah I don't enjoy Rogan's underlying misogyni. Bill Burr's issues with women are funny. Joe's aren't.

I remember listening to Carolla a few weeks ago and he was implying that Rogan put out a super misogynistic vibe when he took over the Man Show that alienated a lot of staffers. You know you're probably a misogynist when even Carolla is calling you one.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
I'm really enjoying Mohr Stories. I was laughing my rear end off at this week's episode, especially the Tracy Morgan stuff and the bear wrestling stuff. What do others here think about it?

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
'n'thing the sentiments about CBB being pretty weak as of late, and Mohr stories being an entertaining listen. In fact, for the last few weeks Mohr Stories has overtaken CBB in my podcast rotation at work when it comes to listening priority.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

Combo posted:

Yeah I've never watched Bert the Conqueror or anything but he's a good guest. That loving laugh is ridiculous.

Check out Bert on Mohr Stories episode #4, there's some pretty hilarious parts. That laugh of his is so crazy, but it's also so contagious and he always gets the hosts laughing way more than usual whenever he's on something.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
This week's CBB was pretty funny, I liked Adam Scott and Harris Wittels. But Chelsea Peretti was super annoying (pretty sure she was drunk?) which kind of sucked because I like her otherwise in other stuff I've seen her be a part of. She didn't have much funny to say herself and just had this really bad drunk-sounding laugh. Not that I have anything against comedians being wasted on podcasts generally, but in this case it was not working for her. I was laughing at some parts of the lumber yard workers bit, though.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

SKULE123 posted:

Cake Boss. Egyptian themed party.

The 'Would You Rather' for that was hilarious as I recall, too. Something about being a balsa wood airplane or having bits of wood stuck under your skin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Redban is worse than Hitler in every conceivable way

• Locked thread