Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?

The Joe Man posted:

Rune Factory II is easily the best HM. FoMT & N64 HM are tied for 2nd place.

Only because they're taking so drat long to translate Rune Factory 3! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

I'm having a lot of fun with RFF, even though it annoys me at times (I need silver, dammit!)
The dungeon crawling difficulty curve is much more challenging, crafting is available earlier on, bronze is no longer an ore (it's now copper :woop:), and I heard there's still challenges post-plot (super-hard boss battles? Finally!).

A few annoyances:
The runey mechanic - the fertility of the field (hence crop growth times) is affected by the populations of 4 different type of spirit, and what quantities there are in each area. Played well, your crops will grow rapidly. Abused, or ignored for too long, and your crops will take forever to grow. Hint: multiple harvests of rapidly-growing crops will fill your homestead with runeys, which you can use to replenish other areas. From what I've seen, this is in RF3 as well.

You can only have one monster help with each farming chore. Only one monster helps with harvesting, one monster with watering, etc. Most of the time, they can't keep up, so you can't just ignore the work, and it may take you the entire day to harvest from your whole field.

Loading times - Getting about town can get frustrating because it's segmented into relatively small areas, and it takes about 10 seconds for each loading time. To alleviate some of the boredom, the loading screen is partially interactive (tap A to make the runeys jump)

In general, I'd say that each individual day takes longer to play than it does for the DS games, Runeys can be a bitch if you don't get them right (and the runey gathering animation takes so long! :argh:), but is strangely addictive. My brother hates it on grounds of being too anime, but still sat down and watched me play for three hours one time.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Dammit, why does international freight have to be both expensive and slow? I'll be getting it anywhere between late november and early december!

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Daria told me I'd make a great wife. I think she likes me :3:

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Mister Macys posted:

How's RF3 so far?
Have they fixed the horrific slowdown when three or more people are on screen from RF2?
Yep, now you need at least 8.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Oh great, now Pia told me I make a good wife! She is colluding with Daria, and possibly Carlos!
Also I married Raven and she still only talks to me from over her shoulder. If this persists, consumating our marriage may be difficult.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Has there been any word on when Tides will hit the EU, or am I going to have to import this?

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

I predict Rune Factory 5 will shake up the formula by the protagonist not being a stranger with amnesia, but rather grew up in the village and inherited the farm.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

ThemeMusicC posted:

And then unicorn monster guy:

Hopefully the fact they're starting to show new characters means we'll be seeing other new stuff soon.

It's decided. I'm going to play a girl so that I can marry him and ride around on his back, and together we will slay dragons and poo poo. :3::hf::black101:

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Is there a limit to what recipes I can get from recipe bread? I've got 91 cooking skill but still can't make pineapple juice.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Dirk the Average posted:

I actually have no clue what the hell that dialogue is referring to. I tried hammering the flowers that you cut in dungeons to get RP, but nothing happened, and I tried hammering various rare flowers (like Ironleaf) and nothing happened. I haven't tried hammering or growing a giant Ironleaf, maybe that's what they're talking about? It still probably wouldn't be worth it though - you're almost assuredly better off just buying stone and lumber directly. After all, the main point of twinkle trees isn't the lumber you harvest, but the glittia augite you get randomly.

I believe it's talking about the plants that Dungeon Seeds grow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Nondevor posted:

I'm assuming you mean a 3DS, so no, a NA version of RF4 will not work on an EU console. Unfortunately the 3DS is region-locked.

If you're lucky enough to have a 3ds with an early enough firmware, you can use the gateway 3ds to circumvent region locking. Though it's not particularly cheap, so getting an old usa 3ds might be cheaper.

• Locked thread