Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I Watson posted:

If you have a DS "Phat", hunt down More Friends of Mineral Town for GBA, otherwise go with Tale of Two Towns. If she doesn't mind action/RPG elements, give her Rune Factory 3.

If you have a Wii, go with Magical Melody for Gamecube or Animal Parade for Wii. I am not sure what to suggest for PSP, perhaps Hero of Leaf Valley since that was the latest release.

Seconding the GBA HM4: Friends of the Mineral Town. Even after all these years it still holds it's place in my heart. :3: I found my copy of it the other day, gave the GBA and all the other games away, but kept that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Well holy drat, never saw that myself. Bravo. And you just inspired me to do something.

Grandma! :smith: even if I could never be bothered getting hearts with anyone else, I always bought grandma something.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I finished RF3, at least I married Raven and can't see any point playing further. But, it was my birthday yesterday and I got a Wii! What should I be picking up?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

You can't swim, you need to Buy a lily pad magic seed from the flower shop

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

The next Rune Factory, will it work if I don't have a 3DS? I like my lite just fine...

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Didn't see this mentioned here at all:

Stardew Valley a HM SNES clone for the PC! With added stuff. It should be interesting! You can do so much on the PC, no cart limitations and easy patches and moddability.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

Man, Stardew is improving piece by piece, but there are a number of things I'm not really down with at this time. Harvest Moon-alikes just don't need buses or nighttime LoS, and I'm stickin' to my guns that those sprites don't even look homegrown, they look like they were literally ripped out of like three SNES games that don't match and then modified a bit to dodge copyright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDYmc2iGaOM

They're getting changed up as the game evolved, the snes-style grass and trees are gone now at least. My problem with it is I really don't like the main character sprite. I think it's too tall and stiff...

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Friends of the Mineral Town was the best game. I still remember going to the shop to get it when it came out...

Is it really impossible to get RF4 in English in the UK? Without like, buying an American 3DS anyway.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Apparently it's now out! :woop:

Maybe I'll actually be able to justify it after Christmas. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

HM4 - Friends of the Mineral Town for the GBA is the one I'd say start with.

• Locked thread