Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

How the gently caress is Jessica Mendoza the worst when Tim McCarver and Joe Buck exist?

Also, :lol: at those titles, god drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

morestuff posted:

Looks like The Ringer has launched, but it must be getting hammered.

I just went to The Ringer, and the first headline I saw was "Joe Buck Is Underrated".

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

YeahTubaMike posted:

I just went to The Ringer, and the first headline I saw was "Joe Buck Is Underrated".

Glad my snap judgment against The Ringer was right after all!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Crazy Ted posted:

Sometimes people need to have first-person experience with something before they start to think and change their opinions about it. This is not a shocker.

So like, did Bill Simmons not know or care about a single woman before his daughter sprung forth from his head like Athena, or...?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

:lol::lol::lol:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Suck a Dick No Homo posted:

I was looking at his phone over his shoulder (because I'm nosey and it's the subway)

I hate you. :mad:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Is this some sort of meltdown? :pwn:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

I've had a stupid celeb crush on Max Kellerman since I was 11 years old and I'm super glad he backed off from the horrible road he was about to go down.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

soggybagel posted:

Well I didn't watch it but a clip on my friends Snapchat showed that the barstool sports show was talking about why pregnant women are ugly and cleavage is dumb. So yeah, barstool is a loving cesspit.

There needs to be a word for something so aggressively bro-y that it loops all the way back around to being gay as hell.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Spoeank posted:

To be fair ordering pizza while blitzed out of your mind without having to talk to a sober person and being able to track your order was revolutionary in college

I still get embarrassed thinking about the time I drew the short straw and had to call in an order and I was so high the person on the phone thought I was a man. :smith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I grew up sitting in my uncle's room watching him play video games (and occasionally acting as a second set of eyes when he played MGS/Rainbow Six), so I completely understand why people like watching other more skilled people play video games. That said, without the ability to shout random advice at the player, it loses a lot of its appeal.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

mikeraskol posted:

Twitch chat.

Well sure, but I thought we were specifically talking about broadcasting e-sports on TV.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Art Core...velay posted:

Did Tony kornheiser lose a bet?

Dude is wearing blue eye shadow on PTI rn

Anyone get a screenshot? :haw:

Kalli posted:

https://twitter.com/TheUndefeated/status/841453827773480960

:negative:

It doesn't even link to a specific article, like what the hell ESPN?

Anyone get a screenshot? :catstare:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
This is amazing, and I love Jon Heyman.

https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/842506357588672512

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/842539712174850050

Oh my loving god

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I just came across this article about how wonderful Jose Fernandez was the other side of Jeffrey Loria (that side being the side that loves Jose Fernandez, who was wonderful). I don't even know what to quote because it's all so asinine.

Is Jerry Crasnick known for being an idiot, or is this article just exceptionally pointless?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

AsInHowe posted:

Apparently, someone's old book is getting tweeted about, and it isn't Bill O'Reilly's Those Who Trespass.

https://storify.com/AngelaShelbyCo/since-we-re-talking-about-clay-travis

Holy poo poo, it just kept getting worse and worse. :stonk:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

AsInHowe posted:

I would pay extra to see Clay Travis humiliated and kicked off a place, even more extra if it's a minority officer doing the kicking off.

Preferably a tall bridge.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Is there a single human being on this earth who honestly prefers video to literally any other media?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Inspector_666 posted:

Somebody on Twitter also pointed out that video is way more expensive than written articles to produce. This looks like a dumb, obvious bubble that is going to end up with the crash and shuttering of several entire companies rather than just individual departments.

It makes no sense. Reasons why I don't like videos include but are not limited to:

-videos are harder to watch at work without looking like I'm wasting time
-videos almost always feature lengthy, unskippable ads I'm unwilling to sit through
-unlike with articles/podcasts, I have to stop everything else I'm doing on a computer if I want to watch a video
-sometimes the media player built into the site sucks rear end (less of a problem with YouTube embeds but still)

I can't imagine that my reasons are totally unique. If there is video-only sports content somewhere other than my television or in a Twitter clip, I do not bother with that content, plain and simple.

What I'm confused about is why advertisers like it so much. Are they really seeing sales driven by ads on internet sports videos?

edit:
I juuuust commented on Jared Diamond's Twitter with a link to that Onion video (which I still have not watched, for what it's worth).

https://twitter.com/jareddiamond/status/888449025594339328