Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Farquar posted:

Everyone had a meeting and we all agreed to only add really good songs from now on.
That doesn't sound like the GBS-FM I used to know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Test Pilot Monkey posted:

So <name omitted to not start drama> was banned?

I can think of a bunch of people whose names go there in differing situations.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I've seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy.

Epsilon Plus posted:

I can think of a bunch of people whose names go there in differing situations.

That's the magic of it :science:

I have to say though, one of the reasons I don't listen in too often anymore is because the promised "Fun Stuff" failed to appear.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Test Pilot Monkey posted:

I have to say though, one of the reasons I don't listen in too often anymore is because the promised "Fun Stuff" failed to appear.

We wore it all out. Somebody needs to find/make some new fun stuff.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

ledge posted:

Let's face it, you'd have to ban pretty much everyone.

SUGGESTION APPROVED!

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
edit: Guess no one liked that stuff except Keru.

StevePerry fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jul 22, 2011

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
If you like Electric Six, go listen right the gently caress now.

(well, not right now; some instrumental violin thing is on. But the rest of it? Electric Six, baby!)

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Haifisch, upload the new Tech N9ne already so I can introduce these fools to the glory of gently caress Food. :slick:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Beelzebozo posted:

Haifisch, upload the new Tech N9ne already so I can introduce these fools to the glory of gently caress Food. :slick:
Oh sure, uploading the entire rest of his discography wasn't good enough for you. You people are so demanding. :mad:

(discovering FTP upload is probably the worst thing I've done to my internet connection in a good long while. :v:)

Ficken von Hicken
Oct 10, 2008

by angerbutt
Ok I've heard 3 versions of that drat Flash! (Aaaaaaaaaaaa-ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) song today. Queen, some weird version, and then a brief Japanese version. It feels like some kind of new rickroll. It just keeps popping up when I least expect it, including those commercials for whatever.

And now Prussian Blue is singing about Valhalla again! Hooray!

Ficken von Hicken fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jul 18, 2011

Radio PhoolCat
Aug 13, 2003

Gentlemanly attire.
(wheee)

Why isn't Prussian Blue banned? It was under the old regimé...

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Radio PhoolCat posted:

Why isn't Prussian Blue banned? It was under the old regimé...

Neither is square wave clipping. You mad, bro?

Radio PhoolCat
Aug 13, 2003

Gentlemanly attire.
(wheee)

Beelzebozo posted:

You mad, bro?
Thug Aim

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
You need to participate in the station more, Mr. RPC.

Donkey Darko
Aug 13, 2007

I do not lust for blood or death. I prepare for the warrior's call.

Nihiliste posted:

You need to participate in the station more, Mr. RPC.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

There are a few people who used to contribute a lot that have run away actually.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Donkey Darko posted:

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

There are a few people who used to contribute a lot that have run away actually.
Who are you? Were you someone else at the original station?

Way too many people changed their handles when this new incarnation popped up. I had to find all new usernames to dislike.

Donkey Darko
Aug 13, 2007

Fraid I joined when it reopened rather than the original station.

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Donkey Darko posted:

Fraid I joined when it reopened rather than the original station.

It must be weird to have joined in the post-Magnetic Dozer era.

Donkey Darko
Aug 13, 2007

Why would it be weird for me? It's perfectly normal! Going back to the magnetic dozer era would be weird

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Donkey Darko posted:

Why would it be weird for me? It's perfectly normal! Going back to the magnetic dozer era would be weird
I think his point is that you're still hearing DJ Magnetic Dozer but not so much the original post-rave that DJ Magnetic Dozer is a response to.

Donkey Darko
Aug 13, 2007

Incoherence posted:

I think his point is that you're still hearing DJ Magnetic Dozer but not so much the original post-rave that DJ Magnetic Dozer is a response to.

Yeah, on re-read I see I missed the point there.

Even so: DJMD was a response to something?

Donkey Darko fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jul 25, 2011

Shrike41
Jan 7, 2011
Yea thanks a lot for this. Just what I needed another distraction gifted to me by the Goons. At least I have found a way to experience new music. :)

Shotgun Jones
May 19, 2003

by Ozmaugh

Incoherence posted:

And I know the reason: crybaby admins.

Yes, crybaby pansy fascist admins who censor songs. Oh you didn't know that? Of course, that's cause they won't tell you.

When I first came here in 2004, i liked it. The freedom to play whatever music I feel like for others to listen to. Seemed like an awesome idea. And it was, hell it was pretty much a haven. Then the second incarnation began and faggots began to gently caress with that idea and unfortunately, it's been ruined forever.

Yeah, that's right admins, I'm calling you out!

First off, BalthCat. You loving whiny pansy bitch. First of all, why would I ever add Leonard Cohen? I don't care for his music. That's right, some people don't have the same taste in music you do. Shocking, isn't it? What's even more shocking is some people actually like songs that you claim are "troll mp3s!" Maybe you should change your name to BalthPussy because that's what you are, a loving pussy!

Speaking of pussies, Jormagund. Yeah I hear you don't like being called a pussy. Well, I got a protip for you. If you don't want to be called a pussy, then don't act like one! Pussy.

Beelzebozo, I remember what you said when you unjustly banned me for bullshit reasons. You said that the station would be more fun for more listeners without me. Well, let's see. I remember an average of 40 listeners when that happened. Look at it now...you struggle to get more than 20! Yeah, that's really been working out well for you hasn't it? Oh, u mad? U mad? Yeah keep being mad, I'm just gonna keep LOLin' cause you know I'm right!

Maybe people stopped listening cause they realized that the Home of Dongs has become the Home of Double Standards. And nobody wants that. GBS stands for General Bullshit, does it not? As in, anything goes, play whatever you want. Hell you advertized the station as such. But what you really run it as is Specific Bullshit. As in, only play songs that you pansies "get." That's why you hear more of that poseur Magnetic Dozer than the real post-rave, because you are too loving closed-minded to really appreciate it for the art that it is.

I know what you're gonna say too. You're gonna call it "complete poo poo" and say "oh wah wah wah it's made to troll me wah wah." First of all, who's to say what is and is not complete poo poo. What's poo poo to you might be genius to me, and vice versa. I thought for sure you all would realize that different people have different tastes but of course that concept is too much for your thick heads. And made to troll? Yeah, well I can say the same thing about Merzbow. Think about it, his music is just a bunch of white noise and unpleasant sounds that are made to gently caress with people. The only difference is you don't censor him. So why censor post-rave because that's the same kind of thing! Because you "get" Merzbow but you don't "get" post-rave? That's a cop-out excuse and you know it and I know it.

And those of you who deny DJ Salinger or Broseph are the gentrifiers of Post-Rave (yeah I'm talking to you too Peachstapler...oops, I mean "DJ Magnetic Dozer.") I find parallels between this and the jazz movement in America in the 20th century. You are the house-negroes of the movement, taking the genre and dumbing it down for the masses of GBS FM. At the same time, the banning and hellbanning of the true proprietors of Post-Rave culture continues unchecked.

The true innovators are shut down because the Man finds their music offensive and challenging to their understanding of music. They don't want to have to reconsider their notions of what is and is not music; so, they let the genre dig its own grave in a fetid graveyard of genericism and farce - proprieted by a group of half-wits, like a group of baboons rolling around in their own filth. It's sickening.

In conclusion, goon radio is dead and your crybaby fascism killed it. Congratu-fuckin-lations. Maybe next time you'll think before you censor songs and users just because YOU don't "get" it.

No peace out.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Imagine how mad he'd be if we'd made G2 fridge magnets.

Radio PhoolCat
Aug 13, 2003

Gentlemanly attire.
(wheee)

^^^ ffs people!

Puffery: u STILL mad about this? It's been YEARS man, let it go already - you're just coming over as a whiny little bitch so your point is getting laughed out.

also @spam cares

Comfy Chairs
May 21, 2005

by Ralp
edit: Not being goaded into one man's year-old dramabomb.

Comfy Chairs fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jul 27, 2011

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shotgun Jones posted:

And those of you who deny DJ Salinger or Broseph are the gentrifiers of Post-Rave (yeah I'm talking to you too Peachstapler...oops, I mean "DJ Magnetic Dozer.") I find parallels between this and the jazz movement in America in the 20th century.

I have no idea what your rant is about but whenever I see Peachstapler adding tracks I automatically just switch over to Ghetto Radio.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Hell, we gave you a ton of chances. We only hellbanned you at the start, because you had interesting adds in between your hilarious attempts at trolling the playlist, the problem was that your trolling was taking over the fun, so we asked you to scale it back. You didn't, and got hellbanned for a week.

When you came back, you went right back at it, I guess in some kind of deluded "I am fighting the power!" moment, like you're having right now.

So we hellbanned you again.

Clearly you have a learning disability, because you jumped back in when you got back and I permabanned you.

That's when you made the Christina Carmi account, which was found out very quickly, because you are a stupid motherfucker.

So, yeah. You're kinda dumb, bro.

Edit: I feel I should point this out, Beelzebozo didn't ban you, never did. I did most of those hellbans and I like you, puffery. You were just incredibly unfunny towards the end and needed reeling in. Unfortunately you decided to go swim at the deep end and got permabanned instead.

We all agreed on the permaban, though.

BalthCat
Aug 11, 2010

Shotgun Jones posted:

First off, BalthCat. You loving whiny pansy bitch. First of all, why would I ever add Leonard Cohen? I don't care for his music. That's right, some people don't have the same taste in music you do. Shocking, isn't it? What's even more shocking is some people actually like songs that you claim are "troll mp3s!" Maybe you should change your name to BalthPussy because that's what you are, a loving pussy!
(I proceed as I always do, unwisely assuming-even when I believe otherwise-that what I'm reading is sincere.) I assume that this is directed at me on the assumption that I won't read it (oops), or that I'll overreact when I do (oops). I have absolutely no idea what this is about, so I am having trouble getting riled up. I've forgotten what account parachuted/cloned to Shotgun Jones, and I have no idea why Leonard Cohen's been brought up. I don't recall chatting with (or haranguing) Shotgun Jones, let alone about Leonard Cohen. (Leonard Cohen IS lovely, but I am not known as a particularly ardent Leonard Cohen fan, nor is Cohen's music representative of most of what I add.)

Shotgun, sincere or not, is likely not actually trying to communicate with me, but rather influence the general public. I will do the unwise again, as I always do, and feed the troll by responding seriously.

Consider the fact I'm an inclusionist (a la Wikipedia) and a forgiver. I am actually a very ban-conservative moderator for songs and users alike. I frequently add, and unban, long songs. I believe that as long as there's a cowbell in the background, it counts as music. I argued that the replay cooldown should be shorter than it currently is. I still suspect that some of GBSfm's original value to me and others was the frequent playing of Developers! and Find the Cat.

While I do believe that post-rave is primarily a troll, or at least some form of self-absorbed "avantgarde musician" e-cosplay, the BalthCat painted by Shotgun Jones does not stand up to the briefest of examinations.

I did have cat-ears on G1, so I saw myself as BalthNeko-Chan. I guess he couldn't be all wrong.

Edit: I've been informed you're Puffery. Additionally for full disclosure I WILL admit to saying "Metal suxxx." because it amuses me, and once made Kuuenbu spaz out as a result, but it's never meant in true ill will. (Not like my utter hatred for Wesley Willis and R. Kelly.)

BalthCat fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Jul 27, 2011

Scuttle_SE
Jun 2, 2005
I like mammaries
Pillbug

Shotgun Jones posted:

:staredog:

Um...wow...

Alright, I did a search, and there are, at this moment, 501 dongs that have been manually banned. There are a bunch that has been autobanned due to length, but these are the ones where moderators have gone in and manually clicked "ban".

Banned dongs

If there are any of these you think has been wrongly banned, please let us know.

(There are currently 231,119 dongs on the station, 501 have been banned, that's 0.23% of the total number of dongs....)

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

For new listeners, the :airquote: genius :airquote: being referred to are 10 minute long songs that consist of Starfox samples looped in Fruity Loops.

BalthCat
Aug 11, 2010
To add to the image of them as e-cosplayers, I will also remind that initially they pretended to be rising stars of the Kazakh electronic music scene.

Edit: ... or was that Uzbek?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Doctor Zero posted:

For new listeners, the :airquote: genius :airquote: being referred to are 10 minute long songs that consist of Starfox samples looped in Fruity Loops.

When the alternative was Journey, these didn't sound so bad.

EDIT: Definitely Uzbekistan, according to its commemoration.

delfin fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jul 27, 2011

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe
Sure, it was funny, but even the best joke gets tediously boring after years of constant repetition.

With the possible exception of Dixie.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Shotgun Jones posted:

And those of you who deny DJ Salinger or Broseph are the gentrifiers of Post-Rave (yeah I'm talking to you too Peachstapler...oops, I mean "DJ Magnetic Dozer.")

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank gbs-fm for being one of the least drama-filled corners of the Internet. You guys are (mostly) great.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I completely forgot this thread existed hay guys!

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Peachstapler posted:

I wish I could empty quote this, but I'll give you a golf clap instead.

:golfclap:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'll probably be uploading some select Finnish tracks tonight. That "Request for Discharge" song was so brilliantly depressing that I immediately added the saddest song I know, "Ontuva Eriksson". Too bad most of you won't understand a word :(

Or :) I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

komuso
Mar 15, 2004

Post-rave was the #1 thing that made gbsfm unique and interesting.

• Locked thread