Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
The playlist is probably most active from about 7:00 to 4:00 PDT. Adjust to your timezone accordingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Haifisch posted:

Goons seem to really like video game music & laid-back instrumental music(at least tonight they do). Although it seems like I picked a rather slow time to get started on GBS.fm...if nothing else, I'll keep inserting German industrial music to make sure everyone stays awake. :v:

I like the cut of your jib. :hfive:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Scintillant Tender Green is a static abortion and I'm very glad that I picked Space Oddity to play after it. And this is coming from someone who can stand listening to DEFEKTDEFEKTDEFKTDEFKT for five minutes. (along with the screamy death metal songs other goons pepper into the station throughout the day)

Doctor Zero posted:

I like the cut of your jib. :hfive:
Someone's got to play music that's not 10 minute long ambient stuff, video game music, or generic rock. :v:

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Haifisch posted:

Scintillant Tender Green is a static abortion and I'm very glad that I picked Space Oddity to play after it. And this is coming from someone who can stand listening to DEFEKTDEFEKTDEFKTDEFKT for five minutes. (along with the screamy death metal songs other goons pepper into the station throughout the day)

Someone's got to play music that's not 10 minute long ambient stuff, video game music, or generic rock. :v:

So you're one of Dawolfeys parachute accounts?

Radio PhoolCat
Aug 13, 2003

Gentlemanly attire.
(wheee)

We all are, really.

Underflow
Apr 4, 2008

EGOMET MIHI IGNOSCO

Haifisch posted:

I'm with you. Couldn't connect to the stream from this machine for a while, but I'm ready to slot 3' jazz & funk and assorted chart cuties again. And gain lot of tokens. I love them li'l fellas.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Haifisch posted:

I'll keep inserting German industrial music to make sure everyone stays awake. :v:

But... but it makes me sleepy as hell.

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe

Underflow posted:

I'm with you. Couldn't connect to the stream from this machine for a while, but I'm ready to slot 3' jazz & funk and assorted chart cuties again. And gain lot of tokens. I love them li'l fellas.
Just make sure to upload that ultimate Schlagerlied you are assembling.

Underflow
Apr 4, 2008

EGOMET MIHI IGNOSCO

Default Settings posted:

Just make sure to upload that ultimate Schlagerlied you are assembling.

Thanks for giving me the excuse to do that. Stand by for crowd pleaser 'Partysound à Go-go' by The Oompahdelics. (give it a month to fully mature)

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Jerry Cotton posted:

But... but it makes me sleepy as hell.

I can't imagine anyone falling asleep to industrial.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nihiliste posted:

I can't imagine anyone falling asleep to industrial.

I've actually fallen asleep (several times) during an explosives demonstration. And that's something I would've liked to have seen.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Dear nielsm:
gently caress you for making me want to listen to Shu-bi-dua. They're way too catchy for their own good and I can't even understand a word they're saying since I don't speak...Danish or whatever language that is.

Jerry Cotton posted:

I've actually fallen asleep (several times) during an explosives demonstration. And that's something I would've liked to have seen.
So what you're saying is that I wasn't playing loud enough industrial metal? :v:

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jun 24, 2011

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Haifisch posted:

Dear nielsm:
gently caress you for making me want to listen to Shu-bi-dua. They're way too catchy for their own good and I can't even understand a word they're saying since I don't speak...Danish or whatever language that is.

Thank you very much, dear sir.
Yes, it is Danish, but most of their stuff is pretty mediocre. There are of course some real gems, but also some bad stinks.

Scuttle_SE
Jun 2, 2005
I like mammaries
Pillbug
The domain is safe for another year, thanks to all the people who donated!

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

If we donate more, will it be spent on the station in some way or will it just go to your party fund?

Scuttle_SE
Jun 2, 2005
I like mammaries
Pillbug

Farquar posted:

If we donate more, will it be spent on the station in some way or will it just go to your party fund?

Uhm, well, right now the station doesn't really need anything hardware-wise, I've been looking into some kind of better backup-mechanism in case of a catastrophical harddrive-failure, but I will probably use existing hardware for that.

If I for some reason get enough cash donated to extend the domain-registration for another year, I'll do that.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Don't make me make this the HAIFISCH POWER HOUR. Unless you like this stuff. Then you can continue to not add things to the playlist I guess. :v:

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Haifisch posted:

Don't make me make this the HAIFISCH POWER HOUR. Unless you like this stuff. Then you can continue to not add things to the playlist I guess. :v:
Weekends are like that.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It would appear that GBS-FM only has 16 Pat Benatar songs, even though according to Wikipedia she made at least 13 studio albums, plus countless additional recordings.

So this is me asking people to please upload all their Pat Benatar. Because you're the right kind of sinners, to release my inner fantasies.

e. Number of dongs queued: 24. Number of listeners: 12. Come on, fess up: how many of you jerks are just queuing things and not even tuning in? Hm?

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jun 29, 2011

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Leperflesh posted:

It would appear that GBS-FM only has 16 Pat Benatar songs, even though according to Wikipedia she made at least 13 studio albums, plus countless additional recordings.

So this is me asking people to please upload all their Pat Benatar. Because you're the right kind of sinners, to release my inner fantasies.

I will underwrite this noble cause with tokens for whoever ups In The Heat of the Night. Please be mindful of the tracks already uploaded from the Best Shots album.

Scuttle_SE
Jun 2, 2005
I like mammaries
Pillbug
Wow, look at all the Pat Benatar available on the site...

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Doctor Zero posted:

I will underwrite this noble cause with tokens for whoever ups In The Heat of the Night.
Done :coolfish:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Peachstapler posted:

Done :coolfish:

Haha :burger::hf::burger:

And in celebration, let's all add some!

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
I was seriously questioning whether Pat had died for a moment.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

God drat, looks like I missed the rush of plays - I had to drag my cat to the vet because she tried to eat a bee, and the bee won.

But anyway thanks everyone for the pat love.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I am rather disappointed that I beat Peachstapler to this classic.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
I went to sign up for the site and apparently I signed up ages ago, but I have no idea what password I used. Is there a recovery system? Didn't see a link.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
PM me your email address and we'll sort it out
or pop into IRC.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Chris Knight posted:

I am rather disappointed that I beat Peachstapler to this classic.
Forgot about that solo stuff he does once and a while to pay his four alimonies.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
You should all join us, today on the most american of days, to celebrate freedom. Freedom to oppress everyone elses musical tastes.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

:patriot:

EDIT: Dammit, got distracted by shiny things.

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jul 4, 2011

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

^^^^ wow

Also whoever keeps uploading and adding Government Alpha: your score in blowing out my eardrums is currently 3.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
This was the site at MAXIMUM PATRIOTISM:

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

The next upcoming independence day is São Tomé and Príncipe on July 12, I hope you are prepared for that.

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005

Default Settings posted:

The next upcoming independence day is São Tomé and Príncipe on July 12, I hope you are prepared for that.

What's Austria's national day, if any?

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

October 26th, the day of eternal neutrality!
(Joining the EU doesn't count) :ssh:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm glad this is still going. Anything interesting been happening on GBS fm lately?

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

bowmore posted:

I'm glad this is still going. Anything interesting been happening on GBS fm lately?

Everyone had a meeting and we all agreed to only add really good songs from now on.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I've seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy.

Farquar posted:

Everyone had a meeting and we all agreed to only add really good songs from now on.

So <name omitted to not start drama> was banned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Test Pilot Monkey posted:

So <name omitted to not start drama> was banned?

Let's face it, you'd have to ban pretty much everyone.

• Locked thread