Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boblonious
Jan 14, 2007

I HATE PYTHON IT'S THE SHITTIEST LANGUAGE EVER PHP IS WAY BETTER BECAUSE IT IS MADE FOR THE WEB AND IT USES MYSQL WHICH IS ALSO USED BY GOOGLE AND THATS WHY ITS SO MUCH BETTER THAN PYTHON EVEN HTML IS A BETTER PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE THAN PYTHON
Hey, just wanted to mention I've taken the G2 code, made a few changed, and set up a private server for a few friends of mine. Is it cool if I throw the code up on Github?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boblonious
Jan 14, 2007

I HATE PYTHON IT'S THE SHITTIEST LANGUAGE EVER PHP IS WAY BETTER BECAUSE IT IS MADE FOR THE WEB AND IT USES MYSQL WHICH IS ALSO USED BY GOOGLE AND THATS WHY ITS SO MUCH BETTER THAN PYTHON EVEN HTML IS A BETTER PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE THAN PYTHON
I forgot to follow up on my last post, but I was successful on setting up my own private instance of your software. I made a few changes such as removing the SA account tie-in, and ajax'd add buttons.

If anyone's interested, you can find my repository along with a nice set of instructions for setting it up at my github:
https://github.com/brownan/G2

Thanks again for sharing your code!

Boblonious
Jan 14, 2007

Jonnty posted:

Whoa, bit strange to see someone else's documentation for my own project! That'll really help a lot of people, thanks. If you've got any questions, I'm happy to answer them.

Feel free to pull any of my changes (you probably don't want all of them though) and post my documentation to your site if you'd like.

I am having some trouble with the ftp server not crashing constantly, but haven't had time to look into it. Perhaps I should take my questions to the gbsfm forums though so I don't spam up this thread.

Boblonious
Jan 14, 2007

Jonnty posted:

You're probably better coming onto IRC. #g2 on irc.buttes.org

I'll do so at some point, but I don't have too much free time on my hands these days, so it probably won't be today.

• Locked thread