Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BalthCat
Aug 11, 2010
Please upload more songs about cats. :3:

Sincerely,
Token notagoon... er... well, nevermind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BalthCat
Aug 11, 2010

Beelzebozo posted:

Just kidding, buddy. Welcome aboard, formally I guess. :glomp: It feels like you've been one of us for six years or so.

Pardon me? I don't believe we've met, sir.

BalthCat
Aug 11, 2010
^^^ - partially beaten

flare posted:

Can whoever designed it disable autocomplete on the chat field? That would rule.

That is actually intended to be a box to comment on the current song. Entries are preserved in the song's profile and will reappear the next time it plays. We have come to notice, however, that since it looks a lot like a chatbox, people are tending to use it as such, so we're going to have to tweak the look or something. As for the auto-complete, I just noticed that myself yesterday, and so it's on our list. Even for a less-used comment box it's pointless and potentially irritating.

BalthCat
Aug 11, 2010

Beelzebozo posted:

[stuff about covers]
The following is the best for our tag setup until we support more info:
Artist: Covering artist
Title: "Song (Artist2 cover)"

vvv -- But that is inaccurate :argh:

BalthCat fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 12, 2010

BalthCat
Aug 11, 2010

helopticor posted:

This is kind of important, because if someone knows they like stuff by some group, they currently have no way of finding all of the dongs where that group is listed as the composer. And there are a number of examples of this disconnect among the songs on gbsfm.

Absolutely, the goal of having a composer field is so that classical music can be properly supported. The GBSfm search is definitely a work in progress, and will have composer search in time. (As well as genre.) The question remains whether using the fields as labelled is adequate for users in the meantime. You won't be able to find composers for a while, as this is not one of the highest priority improvements.

BalthCat
Aug 11, 2010
Fight for your right to vote off-playlist! :jihad:

*throws chairs and things*

:stoat:

BalthCat
Aug 11, 2010
We like Coil :3:

But not that hideous dog in the upper right D:

BalthCat
Aug 11, 2010

pill for your ills posted:

I love "Shub-Pokosy" and I don't care who knows.

*facetwitch*

...don't you mean... knowsy...?

Post-rave :argh:

BalthCat
Aug 11, 2010

Kaiho posted:

You'd have to do a bit more than just put a beat behind the speaking though.

Not really much more. If you can justify playing the music behind it as minimalist, you can justify playing the barely musical poetry :P

BalthCat
Aug 11, 2010

dpbjinc posted:

Oh God. I accidentally started the DVDA Early Morning Power Hour.

You added Particle Man. :argh:

I'm watching you.

BalthCat
Aug 11, 2010

Shotgun Jones posted:

First off, BalthCat. You loving whiny pansy bitch. First of all, why would I ever add Leonard Cohen? I don't care for his music. That's right, some people don't have the same taste in music you do. Shocking, isn't it? What's even more shocking is some people actually like songs that you claim are "troll mp3s!" Maybe you should change your name to BalthPussy because that's what you are, a loving pussy!
(I proceed as I always do, unwisely assuming-even when I believe otherwise-that what I'm reading is sincere.) I assume that this is directed at me on the assumption that I won't read it (oops), or that I'll overreact when I do (oops). I have absolutely no idea what this is about, so I am having trouble getting riled up. I've forgotten what account parachuted/cloned to Shotgun Jones, and I have no idea why Leonard Cohen's been brought up. I don't recall chatting with (or haranguing) Shotgun Jones, let alone about Leonard Cohen. (Leonard Cohen IS lovely, but I am not known as a particularly ardent Leonard Cohen fan, nor is Cohen's music representative of most of what I add.)

Shotgun, sincere or not, is likely not actually trying to communicate with me, but rather influence the general public. I will do the unwise again, as I always do, and feed the troll by responding seriously.

Consider the fact I'm an inclusionist (a la Wikipedia) and a forgiver. I am actually a very ban-conservative moderator for songs and users alike. I frequently add, and unban, long songs. I believe that as long as there's a cowbell in the background, it counts as music. I argued that the replay cooldown should be shorter than it currently is. I still suspect that some of GBSfm's original value to me and others was the frequent playing of Developers! and Find the Cat.

While I do believe that post-rave is primarily a troll, or at least some form of self-absorbed "avantgarde musician" e-cosplay, the BalthCat painted by Shotgun Jones does not stand up to the briefest of examinations.

I did have cat-ears on G1, so I saw myself as BalthNeko-Chan. I guess he couldn't be all wrong.

Edit: I've been informed you're Puffery. Additionally for full disclosure I WILL admit to saying "Metal suxxx." because it amuses me, and once made Kuuenbu spaz out as a result, but it's never meant in true ill will. (Not like my utter hatred for Wesley Willis and R. Kelly.)

BalthCat fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Jul 27, 2011

BalthCat
Aug 11, 2010
To add to the image of them as e-cosplayers, I will also remind that initially they pretended to be rising stars of the Kazakh electronic music scene.

Edit: ... or was that Uzbek?

BalthCat
Aug 11, 2010

Dominus Vobiscum posted:

He may be the only person in the world who actually does play non-DJ Magnetic Dozer post-rave on his ipod.

To be fair, you have to admit you haven't actually asked any Uzbekis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BalthCat
Aug 11, 2010

Handen posted:

God dammit, I was told that our stream was fixed. Well, I can confirm that I'm listening to it over my terrestrial radio so all of Lethbridge and area is being bombarded by R. Kelly right now. Success!

This former NCRA station Music Director is glad his Coil add wasn't for nought :3

• Locked thread