Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shotgun Jones
May 19, 2003

by Ozmaugh
remember, it's a station for everything! what you enjoy may not be enjoyed by someone else...so just sit back, enjoy, and don't be a whiny bitch (after all, it *is* free music!)

Shotgun Jones fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 11, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shotgun Jones
May 19, 2003

by Ozmaugh

Splash Damage posted:

It was a 5 minute audio clip of an anime girl being eaten alive by a dog/monster. Sickly sounds of flesh ripped apart, noisy, horrifying chewing and pained whimpers for straight 5 minutes.

why you must be talking about japan's number one female group, PERFUME ^.^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz7NSVhbKE8

i'm glad you enjoyed, there's plenty more where that came from! :)

Shotgun Jones
May 19, 2003

by Ozmaugh

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Hi shotgunjones, next time you're in Uzbekistan tell the krew we're ready for them to drop more hot steaming postrave on our heaving metaphorical bosoms (the bosoms are the metaphor, not the heaving).

will do, it'll be awhile though.

Shotgun Jones
May 19, 2003

by Ozmaugh

weakness posted:

Free Count Scratchula.

This is splendid news. Thanks, DaWolfey.

you can't stop the revolution! free the count!

i was wondering when you were gonna show up, weakness :D

Shotgun Jones
May 19, 2003

by Ozmaugh
all im gonna say is...just you wait until you hear Zabbah!

Shotgun Jones
May 19, 2003

by Ozmaugh
if you guys liked zabbah, check out dj salinger! his music's pretty tight stuff.

Shotgun Jones
May 19, 2003

by Ozmaugh

Incoherence posted:

The original uploader (Frogis, according to kalleboo's derelict v1 site) was in fact banned for being terrible; most of the "well-known" stuff from v1 got transferred to v2 already, including "classics" like that one. "Banned from existence" is a little over the top, though: if you don't expect to get musically trolled every so often, why are you listening to a goon radio station?

edit: And someone uploaded a duplicate of Still Alive.

frogis didn't get banned, he just disappeared.

Shotgun Jones
May 19, 2003

by Ozmaugh

Test Pilot Monkey posted:

Linkin Park got skipped? Hopefully it was just a glitch and not deliberate. Not that I was wanting to listen to it but I thought the point of gbs.fm was to play any music people wanted.

bah!

i don't like linkin park, but i agree with you. i've always said, skipping anything for any reason is dumb. sadly, not everyone thinks the way i do :<

Shotgun Jones
May 19, 2003

by Ozmaugh

Rooney McNibnug posted:

Since I've heard it a few times already and it's queued up to play after a few dongs, I have to ask... What's the story behind 'Zabbah'?

That's for Jobe to know and the rest of us to find out! ;)

Shotgun Jones
May 19, 2003

by Ozmaugh
you know, i took my stuff pretty seriously. i actually wanted people to like it.

BUT NOOOOOO, IT'S TOO MUCH FOR YOU WHINY FAGGOTS SO YOU HAD TO CENSOR IT AND BAN ME.

you know what? fine, i'm dumb. yeah, i'm dumb enough not to know the difference between count scratchula and bob pokosy. i'm dumb enough to not see why CERTAIN PEOPLE can go and skip MY additions but leave the other loving joke songs to play. even though not many of the new people would be able to give it a chance and give themselves a chance to listen to something unconventional and maybe even (god forbid) LIKE it.

but no, you wouldn't want people to like it. no you want to spoonfeed the new users rhetoric about how "IT'S TROLLING THE STATION" and "IT'S CONTRIBUTING NEGATIVELY TO IT." i still fail to see it. but, i dunno, maybe it's because i'm NOT a big loving wuss and i can take whatever gets thrown at me.

i'm not asking to be unbanned, no that would be foolish of me. what i am asking, though, is for all of you, ALL. OF. YOU, to stop being a bunch of pissypants whiny little babies about every loving thing and JUST. loving. ENJOY. MUSIC. just stop caring about whether or not it's "run into the ground" or "made to annoy people." just loving enjoy it! i do, and i don't find it so hard. SO WHY DO YOU?

oh right, i forgot....it's gbs-fm.

ok my rant's over go back to talking amongst yourselves.

Shotgun Jones
May 19, 2003

by Ozmaugh

Nihiliste posted:

I don't think anyone liked Count Scratchula, you must've known that.

i seem to recall it getting decent ratings in between 2-3 the few times i played it so obviously SOME people must like it for it to not get a unanimous 1-rating.

besides, and i've said this many many many times before: it's only trolling if you let it be trolling!

Shotgun Jones
May 19, 2003

by Ozmaugh

Peachstapler posted:

Good work on Bob Pokosy, we're one step closer to perfecting the science of adding it to the playlist.

Some of you may have already caught word on the street, so I apologize if this is a repost, but this is opening on 11/11/10: http://djmagneticdozer.com

wow, that's so laughably pretentious i forgot to laugh. but hey, for a substandard post-rave ripoff artist i guess that's to be expected.

Shotgun Jones fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 24, 2010

Shotgun Jones
May 19, 2003

by Ozmaugh

Beelzebozo posted:

Hey, Dave Coulier, a banned GBS-FM listener who's still skulking around the GBS-FM thread trying to poo poo on everyone else's fun is "so funny I forgot to laugh". Jesus christ your existence loving bums me out. Please go find another group of people to annoy.

lol u mad?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shotgun Jones
May 19, 2003

by Ozmaugh

Test Pilot Monkey posted:

I don't really know what it's making fun of

Get educated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shotgun Jones
May 19, 2003

by Ozmaugh

Incoherence posted:

I think his point is that you're still hearing DJ Magnetic Dozer but not so much the original post-rave that DJ Magnetic Dozer is a response to.

And I know the reason: crybaby admins.

Yes, crybaby pansy fascist admins who censor songs. Oh you didn't know that? Of course, that's cause they won't tell you.

When I first came here in 2004, i liked it. The freedom to play whatever music I feel like for others to listen to. Seemed like an awesome idea. And it was, hell it was pretty much a haven. Then the second incarnation began and faggots began to gently caress with that idea and unfortunately, it's been ruined forever.

Yeah, that's right admins, I'm calling you out!

First off, BalthCat. You loving whiny pansy bitch. First of all, why would I ever add Leonard Cohen? I don't care for his music. That's right, some people don't have the same taste in music you do. Shocking, isn't it? What's even more shocking is some people actually like songs that you claim are "troll mp3s!" Maybe you should change your name to BalthPussy because that's what you are, a loving pussy!

Speaking of pussies, Jormagund. Yeah I hear you don't like being called a pussy. Well, I got a protip for you. If you don't want to be called a pussy, then don't act like one! Pussy.

Beelzebozo, I remember what you said when you unjustly banned me for bullshit reasons. You said that the station would be more fun for more listeners without me. Well, let's see. I remember an average of 40 listeners when that happened. Look at it now...you struggle to get more than 20! Yeah, that's really been working out well for you hasn't it? Oh, u mad? U mad? Yeah keep being mad, I'm just gonna keep LOLin' cause you know I'm right!

Maybe people stopped listening cause they realized that the Home of Dongs has become the Home of Double Standards. And nobody wants that. GBS stands for General Bullshit, does it not? As in, anything goes, play whatever you want. Hell you advertized the station as such. But what you really run it as is Specific Bullshit. As in, only play songs that you pansies "get." That's why you hear more of that poseur Magnetic Dozer than the real post-rave, because you are too loving closed-minded to really appreciate it for the art that it is.

I know what you're gonna say too. You're gonna call it "complete poo poo" and say "oh wah wah wah it's made to troll me wah wah." First of all, who's to say what is and is not complete poo poo. What's poo poo to you might be genius to me, and vice versa. I thought for sure you all would realize that different people have different tastes but of course that concept is too much for your thick heads. And made to troll? Yeah, well I can say the same thing about Merzbow. Think about it, his music is just a bunch of white noise and unpleasant sounds that are made to gently caress with people. The only difference is you don't censor him. So why censor post-rave because that's the same kind of thing! Because you "get" Merzbow but you don't "get" post-rave? That's a cop-out excuse and you know it and I know it.

And those of you who deny DJ Salinger or Broseph are the gentrifiers of Post-Rave (yeah I'm talking to you too Peachstapler...oops, I mean "DJ Magnetic Dozer.") I find parallels between this and the jazz movement in America in the 20th century. You are the house-negroes of the movement, taking the genre and dumbing it down for the masses of GBS FM. At the same time, the banning and hellbanning of the true proprietors of Post-Rave culture continues unchecked.

The true innovators are shut down because the Man finds their music offensive and challenging to their understanding of music. They don't want to have to reconsider their notions of what is and is not music; so, they let the genre dig its own grave in a fetid graveyard of genericism and farce - proprieted by a group of half-wits, like a group of baboons rolling around in their own filth. It's sickening.

In conclusion, goon radio is dead and your crybaby fascism killed it. Congratu-fuckin-lations. Maybe next time you'll think before you censor songs and users just because YOU don't "get" it.

No peace out.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread