Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
And Ghettos domain expiring is what brought us down too - a timeout caused by us not being able to get their listener count.

But its fixed now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
We've moved our IRC channel to Synirc:

#gbs-fm irc.synirc.net

And here is a Mibbit link

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

Gerrins posted:

Just joined.
The playlist seems to swing erratically from Dance to Classical to Death metal.
But in a good way.

edit: Classical not classic.

Welcome! Yes, the constant shifting genre can take some getting used to but if you are strong of spirit you'll find a lot of good new stuff.

And some you'll hate.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
PM me your email address and we'll sort it out
or pop into IRC.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
This was the site at MAXIMUM PATRIOTISM:

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Scuttles internet is down right now, he popped on early this morning to let us know.
We don't know when it'll be back, but lets hope it's soon!

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
If anyone is getting a 404 error, make sure you use http://gbs.fm and not https://www.gbs.fm

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
If song artists and titles have stopped appearing since we upgraded to Shoutcast 2, you need to update your Winamp.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

Nihiliste posted:

For some reason the change broke my Windows 7 Shoutcast gadgets. The GBS FM one won't come back without forcing me to kill the gadgets process, and if I edit another gadget to use GBS FM details, that one crashes too. And now I can't create new gadgets!

Yes it looks like the Shoutcast gadget really hates Shoutcast 2, it's causing the sidebar process to eat up loads of ram and prevents any gadgets working at all.

Edit this file:
C:\Users\your profile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Settings.ini

and remove the Shoutcast gadget entry and that fixes the sidebar.
Don't add it again though, the same thing will happen!

Edit: This version does work, just add a custom url and set it to http://gbs.fm:8001/
The other version crashes because it can't read the listener count, this version doesn't try.

DaWolfey fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Aug 13, 2011

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
We're sorry for the instability over the last few days, we had a hard disk failure (it was in a RAID array, so no data loss) and now we've got some network issues.

We'll be back as soon as we can.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
One of the hard disks in our server has failed, the RAID array is currently rebuilding - we'll be back as soon as we can!

(there is no data loss)

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Done!

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
And now for a Klaus Wunderlich block!

Apart from one song because Nihiliste is selfish :colbert:

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Synirc seems to have gone mental and banned lots of people for being Spambots. So we have no IRC for now. (Including me)

edit: Twitter is abuzz about it.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
The current status graph on here is quite funny http://stats.synirc.net/phpdenora/?m=h

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
I can see other people able to upload by FTP no problem. It was fixed on the 22nd. Have you tried since then ?

If you could pop on to irc we could try and get this sorted out.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
It used to be Quack Eep - Mac sounds set to Blue Monday

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
We're having a theme day!

Add songs featuring insane ramblings of crazy people and you may get yourself a lil' token of our appreciation for anything extra special (a token).

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
I would say that it counts. I suppose what we're looking for is the delivery, rather than its content.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Donna Summer is dead, so we're playing Donna Summer songs!

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Fortune has smiled upon you.

Who can say why?

DaWolfey fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 11, 2012

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
We're down at the moment while the RAID is rebuilt (again). Back soon!

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

Nice Shirt posted:

I'm starting to like Klaus Wunderlich. :ohdear:

Yes! Give in to the Klaus. Let his inoffensive Hammond sound nourish you.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Want to listen to the full Koyaanisqatsi by Philip Glass? Then you're in luck because it's just about to start!

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
That's a good idea! We need suggestions for end of the world music...

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
We are currently down with an issue related to the music volume being inaccessible. We'll be back soon!

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
We're down for scheduled maintenance. We won't be back for at least 24, possibly 48 hours.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
And now we're back!

Add some Klaus!

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Every single idea that has ever come along that would allow

a) A song to be skipped (or deleted or otherwise not played)
b) Extra songs be added

in some sort of automated (non mod based) fashion has ended in disaster.

This is because people are dicks.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
I do it out of love and sharing!

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Hang on - are you saying that GBS-FM is actually to be broadcast for real? Not on the Internet, but through the ether?

DaWolfey fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Sep 10, 2013

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
It's fine with me! I both welcome and fear what you might unleash on an unsuspecting public.

You do realise that we have no rules on what can be queued and when listeners learn that actual people might hear it, that they are going to add whatever they think might get you in trouble?
What I am saying is, your station may well be broadcasting German WW2 propaganda and ayran pride songs soon...

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
The MySQL server seems to be down, and only Scuttle can access that - so we're down until he appears!

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Until Scuttle gets back and fixes the mysql database, I have made a big playlist of about 1/3 of the library which is now playing.

1. The website is still down
2. The playlist is in a pseudo-random alphanumeric order of the md5 hashes of each file, so it's random enough.
3. Shoes will not work
4. The tags are coming from the mp3, not the database (because its not available) so the tags may be wrong. Untagged files will just show their hash.
5. It's in variable rate AAC rather than mp3, though I would be surprised if there is a player that cannot handle that.
6. When will it end? What happens when it does? WHO KNOWS.

Welcome to the lovely world of GBS-FM 0

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
That should really be "Thream", but you're welcome.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
That is nice of you to say, Doctor!

Now enjoy some Merzbow for the next hour.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
And check out the artist known as "Merzbow"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

Jerry Cotton posted:

Better than King Crimson.

Bad opinion here