Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
On that note, are any of these Good Friday tracks actually album cuts or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superchunk
Dec 27, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

the Bunt posted:

On that note, are any of these Good Friday tracks actually album cuts or what?

No. "Monster," and a couple others are supposedly going to be on his split album with Jay-Z that is supposed to drop the week after his own.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watch_the_Throne

We've heard three songs from the new album so far: Power, All of the Lights, and Lost In the World. I'm not going to listen to any more leaks because I think I ruined 808's for myself by listening to all of the demo leaks.

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.

Superchunk posted:

No. "Monster," and a couple others are supposedly going to be on his split album with Jay-Z that is supposed to drop the week after his own.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watch_the_Throne

We've heard three songs from the new album so far: Power, All of the Lights, and Lost In the World. I'm not going to listen to any more leaks because I think I ruined 808's for myself by listening to all of the demo leaks.

I'm confused. Is it called Watch the Throne or Dark Twisted Fantasy?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Twisted_Fantasy

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Cizzo posted:

I'm confused. Is it called Watch the Throne or Dark Twisted Fantasy?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Twisted_Fantasy

Two different records. Watch the Throne is a collab EP with Jay-Z and Dark Twisted Fantasy is the full-length 5th album.

powerful drum sound
Mar 18, 2009

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Looks like he's doing a GOOD Friday track tonight anyway? Hopefully?

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.
Oh god...Lil B. WHY?! Why must he bring him into the series of amazing songs.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

powerful drum sound posted:

This would be like a dream come true.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

This would be like a dream come true.

Man Kanye's working with just about anyone here. I want to see collabs with Ghostface Killah and maybe Gift of Gab before the series is over.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

No song yet though :(

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI
Christian Dior has risen from the dead to sing on a kanye track? That is pretty impressive.

edit: oh, that's the song title, hurr.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
It's up on http://www.kanyewest.com/GOODFridays/

The distortion on 'Ye's voice is a little eh, but it's a pretty great track.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010

powerful drum sound posted:

What font is that? Dream Kanye collabos would not be a bad meme.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Role Play McMurphy posted:

What font is that? Dream Kanye collabos would not be a bad meme.
Looks like regular/smooth Impact.

e:

Obviously :v:

Angryhead fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Oct 2, 2010

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

PonchAxis posted:

Oh wow. Go cry about it some more Kanye. I'm really liking these songs, but posts like that remind me why I used to hate him.
Yeah, how dare that artist get pissed that people are leaking and hosting his unfinished and unreleased album tracks.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

vanbags posted:

Yeah, how dare that artist get pissed that people are leaking and hosting his unfinished and unreleased album tracks.

Not only that, but how dare he maybe interrupt his giving us weekly free music because of it, what a selfish whiny baby!

Porterhaus
Jun 6, 2006

Zero to Gyro
Kan Iver part 2:

http://usershare.net/gowherehiphop/5jg0eqtluwx5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMFzCn9uWpw (YouTube)

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

why did you say (YouTube)?

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.

Geno posted:

why did you say (YouTube)?

In case people don't know how to interpret URLs I guess.

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

Angryhead posted:

No song yet though :(

The song is now on his site (url was posted). I really like it a lot.

Q: Does he always get some random orchestra for all of his songs or does he just have samples/etc.?

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
This song is really good, but Kid Cudi sounds rather out of place on it for some reason.

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI
His performance of Power on SNL last night was really good.

Ziir
Nov 20, 2004

by Ozmaugh
I know I'm a bit behind on the times but I just heard the Power remix and holy poo poo, it's amazing. Also, one of the songs in the OP is a remix of "Gifted" by N.A.S.A. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZB7yswo6a0) which is quite good in my opinion. Just posting it cause I haven't seen anybody mention it.

Edit: If you post links to youtube, would you guys mind posting the name of the video for us guys not in America? I can't view some of these videos :(.

Fodder Cannon
Jan 12, 2008

I love to watch Fox News and then go club some baby seals

a milk crime posted:

Q: Does he always get some random orchestra for all of his songs or does he just have samples/etc.?

Samples or otherwise electronically produced. Most orchestral sounds in pop music are not made by an actual orchestra.

Mustafa posted:

This song is really good, but Kid Cudi sounds rather out of place on it for some reason.

I agree, though I've never been a Cudi fan. I've liked parts of the Friday songs but I'd prefer fewer features in general, he should drop Swizz at least.

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI

Fodder Cannon posted:

Samples or otherwise electronically produced. Most orchestral sounds in pop music are not made by an actual orchestra.

Not so on Late Registration.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Everyone go buy Runaway on iTunes. The official single version doesn't have the vocoder or the samples which I prefer, but a lot of people are hating on it.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Brett824 posted:

Everyone go buy Runaway on iTunes. The official single version doesn't have the vocoder or the samples which I prefer, but a lot of people are hating on it.

I wish it had the samples, the vocoder sounded pretty horrible live but cleaned up it might have worked well.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

illcendiary posted:

I wish it had the samples, the vocoder sounded pretty horrible live but cleaned up it might have worked well.

Did you listen to the early Clean CQD that was on Def Jam's website? The vocoder part had tons of distortion and sounded awful, I'm glad it's gone. The samples would have been nice but they fit the "hype" of the live performance more than they fit the recorded version.

Oh also, album's out November 22, according to Kanye on twitter.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

Fodder Cannon posted:

I agree, though I've never been a Cudi fan. I've liked parts of the Friday songs but I'd prefer fewer features in general, he should drop Swizz at least.

I loved "I'm So Appauled" when I heard it on a mixtape months ago and was extremely excited to hear an extended version of that beat with Jay-Z, Pusha T and the motherfucking RZA on it, but when I heard Swizz Beats' voice the very first second the song came on, I pushed my mouse towards the Close button on reflex alone and had to give it another try once I got myself ready to hear him.

It's okay if he helped produce something but if I hear his voice on a track I get annoyed for some reason.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
Ye just tweeted the album title is My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy which is such an awful, awful title.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Role Play McMurphy posted:

Ye just tweeted the album title is My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy which is such an awful, awful title.

It's a fine title. It'd be a lot better if it were just "My Dark Twisted Fantasy", but it's still a great title that fits the theme of the album perfectly (from what we've heard).

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.
Also the release date is November 22! Can't wait.

Thrust On Moore
Jul 13, 2010

She keeps coming closer,
Saying "I can feel it in my bones.
Schizophrenia,
Is taking me home."

Brett824 posted:

It's a fine title. It'd be a lot better if it were just "My Dark Twisted Fantasy", but it's still a great title that fits the theme of the album perfectly (from what we've heard).

I dunno, Dark Twisted Fantasy had a cleaner ring to it; Adding "My Beautiful" just adds a tone of narcissism to it. But of course, this isn't unusual for Kanye, so what am I even criticizing?

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Thrust On Moore posted:

I dunno, Dark Twisted Fantasy had a cleaner ring to it; Adding "My Beautiful" just adds a tone of narcissism to it. But of course, this isn't unusual for Kanye, so what am I even criticizing?

Narcissism? Why that's absurd.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT

Thrust On Moore posted:

I don't mind the narcissism, as that comes with the product, but it's just clunky as hell. I'm just gonna call it Dark Twisted Fantasy for ease sake

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Unconfirmed, but I'm still super excited.

FMERCURY
Feb 17, 2005
Apparenly in a Q&A after a screening of his new Runaway movie, Kanye let it slip that Justin Vernon was involved in 9(!?) tracks on the album. Will it be a genre smashing epic or a confused mess? TIME WILL TELL.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

Brett824 posted:

Unconfirmed, but I'm still super excited.

lloyd banks?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Geno posted:

lloyd banks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJMnzdUsTBk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Geno posted:

lloyd banks?

http://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/23968267987

• Locked thread