Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..

AcridWhistle posted:

According to wookieepedia he isn't force sensitive at all.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Han_Solo

Yet.

quote:

Then I get sad because I remember there was a character named Luuke Skywalker.

Luuke gets alot of poo poo in this thread but its not like Zahn just poofed him into the story. There was alot of clone set up in the prior two books. History, Tech and all the exposition to make it ok in my mind. On top of that he is only around for like 4 chapters before he kicks the bucket. I thought that Luke being really unnerved by the fact someone cloned him was wicked.

If someone cloned Luke these days it would have a million copies and each one would be a Skykiller mix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
I was browsing Wookiepedia for some reason and came across... well... this.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jizz

My geeky Star Wars question is, "Who thought this was a good idea?"

It then led me to Jizz-box and Jizz Wailer.

I... I can't do Star Wars anymore.

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Feasting on the flesh of a recently killed zombie probably wasn't the smartest of moves
Needs more video edits.

Not quite finished death star firing ROTJ

How it should have ended Episode4, pretty heavily viewed

One of the old *Blank shoots first* SA edits, seems to be missing, officer, stormtrooper, and droid shoot first videos, might have to upload them

Edit of Greedo shooting first, SA I think

Trash Compactor Shot First, I think this was SA also

Death Star aiming problems

I really like these doors

What Tarkin should have done

AcridWhistle fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 15, 2010

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Cross-Section posted:

For those who missed it in the last thread, here's the Return of the Jedi deleted scene shown at Celebration 5:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdJ0E7HbTKc

Is it just me, or does Vader's voiceover sound like it was cobbled together from other bits of dialogue from RotJ? I can't be 100% certain without digging out the DVD and checking, but I think a bunch of it's from where he tries to get Luke out of hiding in the throne room. And the "my son" line sounds like it might have been taken from "My son is with them" from earlier in the movie.

MY GOD I've seen these movies too many times.

Oh, and since it needs to be in the new thread, everyone's favorite character page on Wookieepedia: Unidentified Rodian with jacket.

Not A Bear
Nov 4, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I think a section needs to be added to the op listing all of the most ridiculous things in the EU that are always brought up that are, in fact, infinities.

Start with the Darth Maul reborn comic and work from there.

The infinites comics were brilliant! If you haven't read the trial of Han Solo (that's probably not what it's called) yer really missing out!

"as you can see here, my client's head moves back and to the right...back and to the right"

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Feasting on the flesh of a recently killed zombie probably wasn't the smartest of moves

Powered Descent posted:

Unidentified Rodian with jacket.

Might as well get these out of the way too

Underwear

quote:

Carrie Fisher : She has been quoted saying, "I had to tape them down, because there's no underwear in space. George knows that for a fact."

Breast : Something the editor of this page will never touch, ever

Bra : But does it resist lightsabers?

AcridWhistle fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Aug 15, 2010

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Mystic_Squid posted:

Ahahah. If anything, this makes me love Star Wars even more.

Also in innocence, it reminds me of Bart Simpson mispronouncing jazz.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
'Gosh darnit Luke stop listening to those Jizzy records of yours and help me with tha' farm!'

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Move over space otters

Meet Wilk, the sentient Wolf

No creepy space sex.....yet

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

AcridWhistle posted:

Might as well get these out of the way too

Underwear

She also apparently didn't wear any underwear in the slave girl outfit so Anthony Daniels would get quite a clear look at Carrie's fissure. (that pun works better when said out loud. :mad: )

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Cross-Section posted:

There's a new "commercial" out for Star Tours II; now, I'm not too worried about the prequelization of the ride, considering the three planets highlighted are Bespin, Endor, and Alderaan.

(pulled from page 1)

While I enjoyed the "safest planet in the galaxy" quip about Alderaan, you have to remember what Star Tours is like. The original ride was supposed to take you to Endor. You never made it there, and instead had an exciting trip through comet fields and the Death Star trench.

I'd still be worried about the prequel-fication of Star Tours 2, though. After all, Alderaan's still obviously around and we've all seen the image of the Star Speeder flying with pod racers.

Basically, what I'm getting at is... I think Mr. Lucas is going to irreparably harm another childhood favorite of mine.

Edit:

Click here for the full 1600x756 image.

Includes video.

Mecha Gojira fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 15, 2010

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Chaos Hippy posted:

[b]What makes you so sure the Empire was evil?

-Blew up a populated planet that was known for its nonviolent, progressive society of nice people
-Blew up a planet
-Blew up a loving planet

Stop spreading lies and dirty rebel propaganda.

Everyone knows the Rebels did it while testing their own weapon to rival the Death Star.

AcridWhistle fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Aug 15, 2010

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

SeanBeansShako posted:

'Gosh darnit Luke stop listening to those Jizzy records of yours and help me with tha' farm!'

But I was going into Tosche Station to pick up a Jizz-Box!

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Another good book series that should be put in the OP is Coruscant Nights. Four books (only three published so far) with, for the most part, minimal appearances by the major canon characters, and even fewer by random background characters from the movies. Essentially film noir, as a book.

Added Reaves to the author list.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Mystic_Squid posted:

Oh hey, a excuse to post this again

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/User:Azizlight/Sexual_references_in_Star_Wars_(intentional_or_otherwise)

"Believe me, buddy, if I were you, I'd go right up there and ask her if she wants to ride on my Rancor." -Han Solo

Nckdictator fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Aug 15, 2010

place
Jun 19, 2008

place fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Feb 10, 2017

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

AcridWhistle posted:

Everyone knows the Rebels did it while testing their own weapon to rival the Death Star.
What the hell is a Death Star? Maybe you mean the entirely peaceful Imperial Ore Extractor?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Slantedfloors posted:

What the hell is a Death Star? Maybe you mean the entirely peaceful Imperial Ore Extractor?

Maybe it's like a Justice Star. Sounds like Rebel Propaganda to me.

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

Slantedfloors posted:

Stolen by Rebels and used to blow up Alderaan no less!

Fortunately, when it was tracked down by Grand Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader to the hidden rebel base, it was destroyed. Unfortunately Grand Moff Tarkin lost his life during the attack on the station, along with most of the Imperial forces.

And lets not forget the SECOND Imperial Ore Extractor that was attacked by Rebels hoping to seize it during it's construction, while the Emperor was on board to oversee this important military economic investment.

They just wanted to use it to smash up uninhabited planetoids to more easily mine the minerals within! What kind of monsters these rebels are to look at these things and think "we could turn this on a population center!"

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I made this for the RLM thread but it can apply here too I guess: Special Ed(itions).gif

A question I have: Why are Jedi so attached to lightsabers as weapons? I know the Lucas Reason (SPACE KNIGHTS!), but why would they consider one particular weapon the best for their needs?

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Well, with blasters there's always the risk of shooting bystanders accidently so... I don't know.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Kazy posted:

I made this for the RLM thread but it can apply here too I guess: Special Ed(itions).gif

A question I have: Why are Jedi so attached to lightsabers as weapons? I know the Lucas Reason (SPACE KNIGHTS!), but why would they consider one particular weapon the best for their needs?

It's a symbol.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

T-1000 posted:

That book was written over a decade later. It's his hand and saber.

It might have been little kid logic, but I always figured it was his blaster falling out of its holster because he landed upside down.

I mean, there was a good minute of talking with Vader after he lost the hand. I'd expect it would have fallen far out of sight by then.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Powered Descent posted:

Unidentified Rodian with jacket.

Holy poo poo, this dude is approaching Calrissian levels of coolness.

Of course, he'll never be that cool, because he's a filthy rodian, but still.

T-1000
Mar 28, 2010

Angry Midwesterner posted:

It might have been little kid logic, but I always figured it was his blaster falling out of its holster because he landed upside down.

I mean, there was a good minute of talking with Vader after he lost the hand. I'd expect it would have fallen far out of sight by then.
I assumed the reason they didn't ever show what it was up close because it was a severed hand and they didn't want to be excessively gruesome but his blaster makes sense too. I don't recall seeing his hand at the bottom of the chute when the hatch opens to drop him out. Next time I watch it I'll go through frame by frame.

Val Helmethead posted:

And lets not forget the SECOND Imperial Ore Extractor that was attacked by Rebels hoping to seize it during it's construction, while the Emperor was on board to oversee this important military economic investment.

They just wanted to use it to smash up uninhabited planetoids to more easily mine the minerals within! What kind of monsters these rebels are to look at these things and think "we could turn this on a population center!"
The Imperial Museum section in the second X-wing book is fantastic, it covers all this, including the Emperor's heroic sacrifice to destroy the weapon after the terrorists were unmoved by his pleas for reason.

wacky posted:

Also, if I'm not mistaken, X-Wing and Tie Fighter had live action scenes in them randomly as well.
You're mistaken. I honestly thought the videos in rebel assault 2 were pretty atrocious. Like it was a zombie of star wars - it looked exactly the same, but was dead inside. Though I absolutely hated RA2, so this may have coloured my opinions.

Strand
Dec 11, 2008

Maybe someone with low self-esteem and slightly larger breasts.

forsakenfuture posted:

Doesnt Lucas have to sign off on everything in the EU?

I thought everyone realised by now that the only reason Lucas acknowledges EU is because it makes him a lot of money for doing very little.

The few EU gems that exist, have come about serendipitously DESPITE their circumstance, not because of it (in the vast majority of cases)

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Crowetron posted:

Holy poo poo, this dude is approaching Calrissian levels of coolness.

Of course, he'll never be that cool, because he's a filthy rodian, but still.

My biggest SWG regret: Not rocking out as a Rodian before the game descended into the depths of awfulness.

Miketopus
Jan 24, 2010

Absolutely. If we put little wheels on the bottoms of our shoes, we could just roll around everywhere...
Any idea why there's so much disassociation with Knights of the Old Republic 2? I thought it was better than the first in a lot of ways. The first is awesome, don't get me wrong, but the sequel is treated like some sort of malignant monster.

Also, AcridWhistle, your link to the alternate ending for episode IV contains an extra h in the link. It comes up as "hhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzoeEdW-EDQ" but works once you get rid of the extra h.

Azzmo
Jul 2, 2007
STUPID MINORITIES ALWAYS MAKING ME FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE TO BE A WHITE MALE

Miketopus posted:

Any idea why there's so much disassociation with Knights of the Old Republic 2? I thought it was better than the first in a lot of ways. The first is awesome, don't get me wrong, but the sequel is treated like some sort of malignant monster.

Also, AcridWhistle, your link to the alternate ending for episode IV contains an extra h in the link. It comes up as "hhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzoeEdW-EDQ" but works once you get rid of the extra h.

I've never seen a single person say that they didn't like KOTOR 2. The only time the discussion ever veers into negative territory is when the incomplete ending and untapped potential are considered.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
"Ewok Apocalypse" would be a fun band name. First album: "Yub-Nub No More"

I'd also like to add, for no particular reason, that due to the immensely craptacular nature of recent Trek, I had shifted my allegiance in The Great Debate to Star Wars, away from Trek. That said, the new Trek movie was pretty good, but still has a lot to prove. I feel like a battered woman going back with Bobby Joe one more time, cuz he stopped drinking, or something.

At least with Star Wars, you always know what you're gonna get. Lame Lucas stuff which is awesome in theory yet somehow turns out slightly off in practice. So close though, and close enough for me to see the real story, shining down in there. Which is an awesome story of war, in the stars.

So, for this redshirt, make mine Stormtroopers.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Miketopus posted:

This more confusing since KOTOR 2 sort of mirrors the shift and tone changes from A New Hope to the Empire Strikes Back also.

Then again Bioware are hard gay for Revan and don't want no GIRL Jedi to try and outshine him in their awesome kick rear end MMO.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Miketopus posted:

Where have you actually seen this? Don't get me wrong, I'm not challenging you here, but as has been said I've rarely seen any criticism that isn't related to it's incomplete status.

Is it, as SeanBeansShako said, something to do with an admitted preference for Revan?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The guys developing the KOTOR MMO have pretty much left the events of KOTOR 2 out in the cold.

Which an insult to Obsidian as they paid respect to what Bioware did and generiously improved some of their stuff (Mandalore Ordo is awesome) instead of treading on it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

SeanBeansShako posted:

The guys developing the KOTOR MMO have pretty much left the events of KOTOR 2 out in the cold.

Which an insult to Obsidian as they paid respect to what Bioware did and generiously improved some of their stuff (Mandalore Ordo is awesome) instead of treading on it.

That's not true, the MMO is basing its entire plot around the events in KoTOR 2. The entire "True Sith" empire brought up in KoTOR 2 is the enemy in the MMO.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That's not true, the MMO is basing its entire plot around the events in KoTOR 2. The entire "True Sith" empire brought up in KoTOR 2 is the enemy in the MMO.

Odd, I thought it was the opposite. Maybe I picked up BS from the internet over it then.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I've been ignoring the MMO more the most part, but the "True Sith" in the one trailer I saw looked like garden-variety Sith.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I like how it has taken a decade to go from mysteriousy evil guys associated with Vaders title and Palpatines power to generic dark space wizards with cloaks with the Sith.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

WhyteRyce posted:

I've been ignoring the MMO more the most part, but the "True Sith" in the one trailer I saw looked like garden-variety Sith.

Exactly that is the whole point. By "True-sith" they mean the original Sith species and dark jedi who fought with Naga Sadow in the Great Hyperspace War. When they lost the remnants fled into the unknown regions to rebuild. Between then and now all the "Sith" that came up like Exar Kun and Revan were just basing their teachings on the Sith way and were not actually bred Sith. These guys are.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Considering Bioware are actually going to make an effort with storyline and background content of their MMO I won't exactly write off that the Sith species won't make an appearince.

I am actually hoping they break out of their current linear RPG main plotline with it. I'm sort of positive as the taint of SOE or Hayden Blackman isn't anywhere near that MMO so it might be decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The "True Sith" bit is the only thing related to KOTOR 2 that is being used in the MMO. In the little history videos narrated by Lance Henriksen on the website, which depict the entire history of the Sith, Jedi, Mandalorians, and Republic from the dawn of the Republic up to the timeframe of the MMO, the events of KOTOR 1 are covered exhaustively but literally nothing from KOTOR 2 is covered. Also the True Sith from the MMO are just retconned into being the exact same Sith Empire from TOTJ rather than the more esoteric threat implied by Kreia in KOTOR 2.

Anyway more good Republic Commando news from CV which I didn't see mentioned here (sorry if it was in the other thread and I missed it): apparently according to Filoni, Delta Squad's inclusion in the Clone Wars show means that they may actually make a Republic Commando 2 now. If that happens that would go a long way towards reversing my negative feelings for that show.