Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

deadhoarse posted:

Clone Wars teaser shown too. Darth Maul has a brother. Looks just like him.

:ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Echo Chamber posted:

Alright, I'm going to mark this thread and attempt to follow it, even though the last one moved pretty quickly.

One question... why didn't the O.P. mention anything from Dark Horse's soon-to-be-gone for good "Star Wars: Legacy"? I personally found the poo poo Cade Skywalker was doing to be much more interesting than anything else the E.U. had going on. And I'm pretty annoyed that #50's the only issue left to be released, when the series just established an interested status quo, and could have easily went on to issue #100 without getting boring. I'm inclined to believe someone in Lucasarts' higher-ups didn't like that Dark Horse was writing the fate of the Star Wars galaxy, considering it isn't being cancelled for poor sales or bad reviews.
Actually, it's not ending. It will be continued in a new series titled Star Wars Legacy: War. It's only 6 issues for now but Ostrander has said that if interest and sales are high enough, Dark Horse might consider it for a full series.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Legacy%E2%80%94War

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Echo Chamber posted:

This sort of undoes the whole point of the ill-conceived Vector storyline. But whatever.
Vector was terrible and every series suffered because of it. Why wouldn't you want to undo it?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Spiderjelly posted:

What's the deal with Starkiller?

Goons taking over the top gameplay as a slap in the face of the OT. :iiam:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

cthulusnewzulubbq posted:

Is there a reason why a duel between force-users of both the Light and Dark side doesn't degenerate into Darth rear end in a top hat using force grip on the sensei's testicles?

IIRC, some book had a character bring up the subject of using the force to destroy someone's saber and the response they received was Jedi and Sith protect it with the force. Only saber blows can gently caress it up. I assume the same applies to the family jewels.

Muppetjedi posted:

Edit: Darth Maul's brother link: http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/111/1112465p1.html

savaage :ughh:

Well that completely shits all over both Maul and Ventress's backstories. They're not even the same species. :psyduck:

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 15, 2010

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Yes, because a gamestop preorder skin is indicative of the entire EU.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yay
How can you post that and skip over the part that said Aaron Allston is writing a new Wraith Squadron novel?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
There's no official announcement yet, just part of the Del Rey panel highlights on RebelScum.

quote:

Summer 2010 - All new Wraith Squadron paperback by Aaron Allston

I'm just going to assume the date is supposed to be Summer 2011 or 2012. Here's the link: http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/CV_Whats_Next_From_Del_Rey_133252.asp

There's also this:

quote:

July 17, 2011 - Timothy Zahn's untitled follow-up to Allegiance
- Grand Admiral Thrawn will be making his return to the GFFA!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Cad Bane sucks. I hate him as much as some hate Starkiller. The writers felt they had to continue the prequel trilogy's attempts at one-upping the OT by creating some ridiculous Clint Eastwood rip-off that just so happens to be more dangerous than OT Fett in every way. :rolleyes:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
He's a 70+ year old father now. That's either ridiculous or classic Lando, depending on your view of the EU.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
If you hate what TFU added to canon, SWG will make your loving head explode.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Now explain why HK-47 is on Mustafar 2,000 years after KOTOR.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Bonzo posted:

Ok so I see how thing runs in the Skywalker family now, you just assign yourself titles right?

Like how Luke is a Jedi Grandmaster now and not just plan ol' Jedi Master. Never mind that people like Yoda were 900 years old and more powerful then Luke and there are current Jedi in the Order that are more powerful then him but he still gets to make up his own title.

IIRC, either Yoda or Mace Windu was the Jedi Grandmaster during the prequels, it's just not said aloud in the movies.

Grandmaster also refers to the leader of the Council, not the most powerful Jedi.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
According to SWG and the Nein Numb figure I had as a kid, Sullustans do indeed have necks.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Also, amazing cross post:

Steam Wars, the next Infinities?
This is worse than Ewoks, Jar-Jar, and Trioculous combined. :ughh:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Crowetron posted:

Steam Punk
Well, there's your problem.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Read the Allston books, look up the others on Wookieepedia. It's better than LOTF, but only because Traviss's Mando fanfic isn't making GBS threads all over everything else.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I know a guy who still likes Maul more than any other character, has Maul posters, swears Shadow Hunter is the best EU book, and paid $70+ just to own two Darth Maul miniatures from SWM.

Now that I think about it, he's probably a die-hard fandalorian too.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

TheOneTrueKing posted:

Yeah, like the one he used at the very beginning of the movie when he bailed out the front window of his space ship to escape.

That's why you throw him up into the air and crush him into a 5 inch ball. That whole fight was a huge excuse to sell lightsaber twirling Grevious toys and to get Obi-Wan to reference that thing he said in the original movie ("Clumsy, inelegant blaster" etc.").

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

TheOneTrueKing posted:

This probably wouldn't have worked, because Grievous has those magnets in his feet that allowed him to cling to the metal surface of the ship in the beginning of the movie as well. And crushing him with something very heavy would take a lot of force energy and time to manipulate (note: Yoda in AotC), and he is made of durasteel so it could probably endure such an attack if it were successful.

:toot:

Well then have Obi-Wan call in Wedge Antilles, Kyle Katarn, and Starkiller for backup so they can all completely destroy Dick Dastardly Snidley Whiplash General Grievous and his toy appeal.

gently caress the PT.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

WhyteRyce posted:

Or even on his TIE chasing Wedge down the shaft.
Wedge still would have blown up the Death Star and then killed Vader without any of the daddy issues.

Wedge is awesome. :colbert:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
^^ gently caress you buddy :argh:

Captain von Trapp posted:

It gives the source as a one-shot magazine about Vader released at Comic-Con. A few more clicks and I discovered that it also included this gem:

"What the gently caress was Lucas thinking?"

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Death Troopers wasn't bad, just aggressively mediocre. A derelict Star Destroyer with creepy poo poo happening onboard is a great setup for a horror story. Shame it was wasted on some stupid "Han and Chewie fought zombie stormtroopers before they met Luke" tripe.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Crowetron posted:

I actually have an idea for a story about an Alderaan born Stormtrooper stuggling with the loss of his home and his disillusionment in the Empire he devoted his life to.
So, basically Tycho from the X-Wing books?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/URoRRuR%27R%27R

I have no words.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I hate how they keep shoving Ahsoka into every goddamn thing nowadays, as if she's as big a character as Luke or Vader.

edit: The right way to start a page, with prequel hate.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Oh what the gently caress.
To be fair, some of that is from his awesome comic in Star Wars Tales (or was it Empire?).

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Spike's been airing all 6 movies today. It's pretty telling that I fell asleep watching AOTC, but I'm pretty much glued to the screen watching A New Hope, even though I've seen it 1,000 times.

Moment of silence for Porkins, please.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Greedish posted:

Why is this a bad thing?

How dare those little kids have fun! :argh:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I'll have you know that Wedge not only survived, but blew up the second Death Star and succeeded Luke as leader of Rogue Squadron.

Wedge is awesome. :colbert:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Ladies and Gentlegoons, the forest moon of Endor as seen in Star Wars Galaxies.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Oh yeah. Wait until Mando-loving-lorians are somehow able to lay siege to the Jedi Temple and get away with blowing a young girl's head off with sniper fire.

There's Traviss's glorious honorable Mando'a for you.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

WampaLord posted:

If anything, I think it's kind of a Take That at Traviss to kind of rework Mandos into brutal killing machines (read: monsters) and not just super awesome commandos. I kind of like it.
I guess, but they're still being treated as uber-powerful fanwank super-troopers who can hold their own against Jedi.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

WampaLord posted:

I'm liking Fate of the Jedi way way more than Legacy of the Force. Ben alone makes me keep reading, and his and Luke's relationship is written really well.
Oh yeah, it's definitely a step above LOTF. It just seems like the non-Allston authors keep falling back into the same traps that made LOTF suck.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
If you read the Allston books and the first Golden book, you'll enjoy yourself. Just read the synopsis for the others on Wookieepedia.

One of them though, I think it might have been one of Dennings', was so full of errors I thought I might have bought a first draft.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Troy Denning posted:

Regarding FotJ: both the core idea for this series and the initial development came from someone else. I haven’t seen them acknowledge this publicly yet, so I’m not going to say who. But I do want to make clear it wasn’t me. I think it’s a tremendous story, and I’m very excited about where it’s going and how we’re going to wrap it up.

It's obviously Allston's series and it shows. Big jump in quality.

I just wish Wedge and/or the other Rogues would show up.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Diacritical Mark posted:

They could always write a new series about Ahsoka's adventures after RotS. All Tano, all the time. :rolleyes:

:suicide:

It's probably already being planned out. A 9 book series written by Denning, KJA, and Traviss.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Twilight with sparkly armor is the best way to describe Traviss's books.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Duckman2008 posted:

N64 Rogue Squadron was also fairly underwhelming, easy and straightforward though.

True fans played Rogue Squadron 3D! on PC with a joystick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Rogue Squadron seems such a weird game to play using a joystick. Too arcadey to need one.

I was 10 and it was the closest I could get to actually flying an X-Wing.

I also played SOTE on PC with a joystick, so who knows.