Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

Slantedfloors posted:

What the hell is a Death Star? Maybe you mean the entirely peaceful Imperial Ore Extractor?

Stolen by Rebels and used to blow up Alderaan no less!

Fortunately, when it was tracked down by Grand Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader to the hidden rebel base, it was destroyed. Unfortunately Grand Moff Tarkin lost his life during the attack on the station, along with most of the Imperial forces.

And lets not forget the SECOND Imperial Ore Extractor that was attacked by Rebels hoping to seize it during it's construction, while the Emperor was on board to oversee this important military economic investment.

They just wanted to use it to smash up uninhabited planetoids to more easily mine the minerals within! What kind of monsters these rebels are to look at these things and think "we could turn this on a population center!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

T-1000 posted:

The Imperial Museum section in the second X-wing book is fantastic, it covers all this, including the Emperor's heroic sacrifice to destroy the weapon after the terrorists were unmoved by his pleas for reason.

Exactly. I remember watching that and going "oh, I get why pretty much every person ever isn't rising up against the Empire now." That and the Shadows of Mindor re-imagining of Luke Skywalker are the best.

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

How can you post that and skip over the part that said Aaron Allston is writing a new Wraith Squadron novel?

This is quite possibly the best news I've heard in months.

Hazo posted:

Imagine this: The butchering of Jacen's character is why even Kevin J. Anderson's Young Jedi Knights series is only barely worse than the parts of LOTF that Traviss wrote.

Fixed that one for you. Any series where Wedge gets to tell a Sith that he has no sense of humor is okay by me. Even if it's otherwise terrible.

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

The best way to look at the LotF and FotJ series of books is to see the 2nd and 3rd books as long and overdone background material in preparation for the next Aaron Allston book.

The same thing can be done with that sentient force-sensitive zerg filled trilogy that is better left unremembered even when referenced in LotF and FotJ books.