Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Ursine Asylum posted:

Various leaders
When was Mon Mothma ever competent? She walked the rebellion into a trap, caught space-AIDS from another trap, then retired, placing Leia in charge. Leia then proceeded to run the New Republic into the ground, allowing the corrupt-to-the-point-of-treason Feyla to take over and finish the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Ursine Asylum posted:

Reanimated, mind controlled into fighting basically every member of the bridge crew of TNG and winning, including a one-on-one bat'leth battle with Worf, regains his sanity by sheer force of will, and then sacrifices himself to pull the self destruct switch for a Borg planet. And that's the first book of...9? I forget.

Oh dear lord, there's more of them?! I read that book and thought it was a one-off.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Only parts of FotJ worth reading were the ones where Wedge kicks the poo poo out of all those young whippersnappers. That happened, didn't it? I don't want to go back and find out, because I'm afraid I'll read another Jacen POV and get brain cancer.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Super Star Destroyers are also apparently fast to build. The Night Hammer was built in less than 5 years or something like that, and it looks like KDY had started their own independent SSD after the fall of the Empire. I don't remember how long it took Zsinj to steal it, but there couldn't have been more than a few years since the keel was laid down to completion.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Megachile posted:

Are you saying they retconned away how much it sucked? That would be wonderful.

I, Jedi is like 70% Corran Horn saying "no, that's retarded" about the Jedi Academy trilogy.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

I want Imperial Commando so badly. Start with Order 66, watch your mission objective change to "execute traitorous Jedi dogs" and just go from there. Have one campaign arc be hunting down the fleeing Rebels after Yavin IV, concluding with the assault on Hoth, where you try to capture some Rebel leaders before they can escape. Have the last arc be a brutal survival scenario against murderous ewoks on Endor, trying to secure an escape to Imperial-controlled space, etc.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

We don't need a remaster of Republic Commando, we need Imperial Commando. They really would need to make the guns more punchy, though. They felt anemic in RC.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Fried Chicken posted:

And struggling with a huge mob of assholes harassing him for being in a bad movie since 1999

Really not a nice set of burdens to have to bear

I actually feel pretty bad for him. His character was poo poo, doesn't mean it was his fault. Nothing could have saved that movie from Lucas.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

Right, I see. I think.

Ssi-Ruu as the singular is fine. Are there any real-world comparisons for the use of different terms to distinguish between species and culture like that? Can't think of any off the top of my head, though they probably ought to be obvious.

Greek/Grecian, maybe? Not a species, but...

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Did they get Harrison Ford to do Han Solo for battlefront? Because if it's not him, it's someone doing a bang-up job of it. Same for the Emperor, too.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

I'm just glad we got Ginger Hitler.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

"Guy who tells Thrawn about stupid EU poo poo" will always be canon in my heart.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

Let's be fair here, Fey'yla was a slimy politician

Say what you will about Fey'yla, the man knew how to die. :black101:

Preechr
May 19, 2009

The WEG system had a chart with travel times at speed factor 1. You applied your hyperdrive coefficient to that time to get your actual travel time. Thus, the Falcon would arrive in half the listed time.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

The most brutal 3 minutes or so of Star Wars. One of those times where what should happen absolutely does happen and there's no attempt to pull any punches with it. Should have been the actual Rogue One team though instead of Rando Squad.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

He did not choose the Sith Life; the Sith Life chose him.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

The best fan film is still TROOPS, the parody of COPS.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

The TIE Interceptor is forever the most beautiful TIE and all subsequent wannabe TIE multi-panel abortions can just gently caress right off back to the hole they buried the EU in. :colbert:

Preechr
May 19, 2009

tribbledirigible posted:

You take that back! I've always had a soft spot for the TIE "hey,-the-Empire-maybe-thinks-Y-Wings-are-cool-too" Scimitar bomber.

The Interceptor came after the bomber, the bomber is legit. I'm talking about goofy poo poo like the TIE Cyclone, the TIE tanks, that horrible new bomber that I can't remember the name of that had a TIE cockpit hanging under a giant TIE solar panel, etc.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Oh boy, another origin story film that's going to be jam-packed with heavy-handed references to minor bullshit that didn't need explaining from the originals. Sign me the gently caress up for Rogue Two: Electric Wookieloo!

Preechr
May 19, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

It's funny you think this will stop them.

"We got the Death Star plans from Princess Leia. Now, thankfully we got the decryption key from this other team of..." x20.

fake edit: "...it translated into an obscure language, but we expected this, so we already sent a team to rescue an expert in the language imprisoned on Kessel..."

"Fortunately, a true son of the Rebellion managed to bug the mofference and learned..."

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Catberry posted:

Kotor was mass effect without voice acting right?

I played bounty hunter which was awesome. The heat mechanic combined with offensive healer was very new and intuitive. My companion was a very useful but utterly bland human. She used range attacks and healed some I think. She was classed as a cyborg because she had some schmutz on her forehead.

I also tried the Sith melee type which had the twi'lek slave companion which was a more interesting character arguably but a worse companion because all melee companions were hot garbage and just died a lot (the tanks even more so).

Still I could never get by the fact that no matter how much affection raised with her and took of her collar. She was still a slave because you only free her under the condition that she serve you unconditionally for the rest of her life anyway.

Sadly the Sith melee class was just a flat copy paste of the WoW Warrior. To the point where it even had tank abilities like "sundering slash" that lowered the targets armor and stacked to 5. Even worse was that since the game copied WoW from when developed started. By the time old republic was released WoW was in Cataclysm and the classes better balanced than ever while the kotor classes were copied from late burning crusade.

You don't have to be creepy with Vette. In like her first companion convo she asks you to take off her collar, and you can tell her of course, no problem. She later asks what's the deal between you two, and you can tell her that she's your slave, your minion, or your partner. If you pick partner, she's basically your snarky murder buddy and has a grand time.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

There was only one good legacy book, probably by Alston. It's the one where the totally not nazis keep Wedge confined because he might be a threat, which pisses him off enough to wreck everyone's poo poo even though he's old as hell.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Skoll posted:

Like someone else said, their early games. Baldurs Gate, KOTOR, my personal favorite Jade Empire. I heard the first Dragon Age was stellar but I honestly never played more than an hour of it.

Jade Empire was seriously under appreciated, imo. That game was fun to play and it was neat to have an eastern theme for once.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Be thankful we aren't getting Whedon yet

Preechr
May 19, 2009

My favorite small craft is the TIE Interceptor. My favorite capital ship is the Interdictor cruiser, but I don't think that ever appears on-screen.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Reminder that Jacen built a red lightsaber because all bad guys are supposed to have red lightsabers.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Daala did the galaxy a loving favor, she gassed all the whiny warlord babies and then got their dumb edgelord black SSD destroyed.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

I can’t wait for the real empire to roll in and kick the poo poo out of the first order for being even more incompetent.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

I don't remember specifically that line but the fact that Stackpole killed off Gavin/Asyr's relationship later on always rubbed me the wrong way, especially as one of an entire set of cross-species relationships depicted derisively as abominations to be cured by a same-species relationship.

Wedge and Qwi Xux
Corran and uh whoever
Gavin and Asyr
etc

I’m glad that Wedge/Qwi ended though, because it was set up in a terrible series and ended in a good one.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

I must have missed the part in the Bible where Saint Thomas used his freaky mind powers to crush Lord Xenu’s armada of space DC-10s, and then had his eyeballs melt out.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbEEQxtnkHE

It's... pretty close.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Chairman Capone posted:

Without going into spoilers, I think there was a specific reference to TLJ in the latest episode of Game of Thrones.

The part where it would have been better if it had ended after the first two minutes?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Finished the new Thrawn book. Much better than Alliances.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

The mandalorians in SWTOR are largely Traviss mandos.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

punchymcpunch posted:

i still cant remember if this dude is triclops or trioculus lmao

That dude is triclops, the phony. Trioculus is working in a mine somewhere, I think, not giving a drat about all these star wars.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Zoran posted:

Other way around. He’s Trioculus.

Ah yeah you’re right. And yeah, the real one had his third eye in the back of his head.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Chairman Capone posted:

When the Mandalorians show up briefly in The Unifying Force at the end of NJO, there are a couple aliens specifically mentioned. I remember a Bothan Mandalorian being one of them.

It is kind of impressive how a low-budget streaming show completely overtook Episode IX as the culturally dominant Star Wars for the last few months.

Fear not, the galaxy brains in charge of the movies are bringing skywalker saga characters to Mandalorian Season 2!

All is lost.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

In the end, Bossk wins, and it is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Han and Leia snuck onto Corellia by pretending to be Han and Leia cosplayers so they could personally murder Thracken Sal-Solo. poo poo got weird.