Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
In their ancient language, Naboo translates to Land of the Paedophiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?

Casimir Radon posted:

I finished Lost Stars last night. Very good book, everyone should read it.

Agreed. It's my favorite of the new canon books, though it doesn't have much competition. This book is sappy and cheesy in all the best ways.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
I always was annoyed by the plethora of Purge survivors in the EU, which is one of the many reasons I'm happy we had the EU-purge. Currently, I think the only known survivors/active Jedi during the Dark Times are Obi-wan, Yoda, Kanan, Ezra, and Ahsoka. Even then, Ahsoka isn't officially a Jedi anymore, and Kanan had only ever been a Padawan until recently.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
That's actually Ben Mendolsohn. Mads Mikkelson is reported to not be playing a villain in this.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?

Casimir Radon posted:

Populists vs. Centrists is a bit overly simplified in my opinion, especially when it's supposed to be a government that spans the majority of the galaxy.

"Always two [partys] there are, no more, no less." ~ Yoda, probably.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
Battlefront is actually pretty great right now. Between various patches and DLC it's become an awesome title. Pretty sure more people are playing it now than at any time after the initial release. I say give it a shot.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
I'm in PS4, so I never have an issue. Your mileage may vary.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?

That Plinkett review is awful. It's the Prequels of Plinkett reviews.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The Force Awakens bit is easily the worst bit of it.

The other 50 minutes are "Making more than 1 star wars movie is bad because corporations or something."

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
The election sort of stole my attention so I haven't been as hyped for Rogue One as I was for The Force Awakens, but everything I've seen in the trailers looks great, and I'm wondering if my low hype might pay dividens.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
Anyone want to start a deadpool as to who of the main cast (Jyn - Cassian - Chirrut - Baze - K-2S0 - Bodhi) dies first? My money is on Chirrut in some heroic last stand, and then they start getting picked off one-by-one.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?

Chairman Capone posted:

...maybe it's just a current rumor drought.

It does seem like a rumor drought. Is it just me, or are the powers that be running a much tighter ship this time around?

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
To be fair, almost everyone who posts on theforce.net forums is horrible and an idiot.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
I've got to give a +1 to Campaign Podcast and Never Tell Me the Pods. Campaign takes an episode and a half to find it's footing, but from then on out it gets steadily better as people figure out their characters. Unlike most RPGs where everyone is struggling to be the best or do cool things, the players seem to go out of their way to make things harder for themselves. Hell, during my favorite episode the party spends the whole time struggling to get through customs despite the GM trying to give them outs for it.

Never Tell Me the Pods is also pretty good as far as Star Wars podcasts go. It's less "old grogs talking about their Snoke theories" and more a younger, diverse audience talking about inclusiveness and what they love about Star Wars. Kat Kuhl, a frequent guest on the show and host of Campaign has some Hot Takes on the Sith and Dathomir witches, and the host can be a little annoying when he talks over people sometimes, but otherwise it's a solid listen that seems to update fairly regularly.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Making Star Wars isn't even a decent site to read, it's simply the site that's usually first to report stuff.

And it seems like they really haven't had any major leaks since The Force Awakens.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?

Milky Moor posted:

Holy moley this is a bad post

Yeah, holy gently caress everything about that critique is just flat dumb or wrong or both.

Decius posted:

Also Why would the Tantive IV, with one of the most important political Rebel leaders on board, be chilling inside of the flagship during what amounted to a suicide mission?

Unclear, but my guess is maybe she had been flying with the rest of the fleet during the battle and hastily docked with the flagship after it had been disabled. It looked like her and her crew were making a mad-dash to get those plans out of there.

Lake Jucas fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Dec 17, 2016

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
gently caress, double post.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
This is the price we pay for CGI necromancy.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
Yeah, the RotS novelization is likely one of the best Star Wars novels written. Go for it.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
Idk, Wheton get's really cringey towards all the women on his shows. It's hard to watch for me.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
I'm more inclined to believe the Hollywood Report's take, which is that they were fired because they had conflicts with Kasdan and some of the actors, and that they were being too jokey/improvising too much at the expense of the script.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
Snoke is probably a new character, but if he isn't new he's definitely not Plagueis. If anything, he'd be The Son from the Clone Wars' Mortis Arc.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?

Canemacar posted:

Luke Skywalker: But with the blast shield down, I can't even see! How am I supposed to fight?
Ben Kenobi: Where we're going, we don't need eyes.

:golfclap:

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?

Wheat Loaf posted:

Was reading about the "Alden Ehrenreich needs acting lessons!" brouhaha around the Han Solo movie and thought it seemed a bit weird for it to happen so late into the production.

They're meant to be about three-quarters done, right? Was he acting badly the whole way through and nobody realised it until now? Or is it more likely (given the conflict between Lucasfilm and the directors which are apparently what prompted them to leave) a case of him acting the way Miller and Lord wanted but not the way Lucasfilm wanted?

Everything I read was that he wasn't acting the way Miller and Lord wanted. Apparently it was a step taken to try to ease tensions between Lord & Miller and Ehrenreich/Kasdan. Scuttlebutt is Lucasfilm tried to do everything they could to make the Lord & Miller situation work and they eventually had to pull the plug on them when it was clear the duo was mismanaging the whole thing.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
The dude did it all in three weeks so I can't help but grade him on a curve. Hell, it takes me more than three weeks too dumb basic poo poo like make a doctor's apt.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?

Savidudeosoo posted:

Yeah, Kylo Ren's theme is amazing. All the music was amazing. The movie was amazing.

God, I loving love Star Wars so much.

Same

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
So the new untitled Han Solo movie is titled Solo. Quelle suprise!

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?

Arcsquad12 posted:

Who's worse: Fandalorians or Revanchists?

Tough call. With thr exception of the 501st, I find that anyone whose favorite character(s) in Star Wars wear armor all the time are all broken people.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
General consensus is Lost Stars is best. It's by the same author as Bloodlinea but (at least in my opinion) better. It is still indulgent Star Wars trash, so if you're expecting quality literature then maybe *waves hand* this isn't the franchise you're looking for.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
I'm pretty certain that Chewie will end up being the best part of this movie.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
Honestly, I never want an old republic movie. It's a stupid idea, and the nerds who cling to their KOTOR so desperately should be ignored.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Yes. Star Wars hasn't yet provided a real male hero, let alone a real female hero.

The franchise's most prominent female "heroes" are Space Hillary Clinton and a privileged British idiot who was slumming it on the junk planet.

I was about to be like 'wtf?' but honestly it's my fault that I had to read this. Enough people warned me to put BotL on ignore and I just didn't listen.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
We're getting 12 episodes. 4 are going to be Bad Batch (or was it 3?) and Siege of Mandalore will be the last four. Middle four will probably have that Boba Fett/Cad Bane showdown. I wouldn't be surprised if the Utapau arc was squeezed in.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?

Chairman Capone posted:

He was also a thin-skinned, petty, argumentative rear end in a top hat who went after anyone who disliked him by claiming all bad reviews of his terrible books were because every critic was a right-wing homophobe.

Yeah...But I've never actually seen that though. I have seen him calling out the maga chuds and their death threats, and I have seen a lot of people post statements saying he lumps them all together, but I've never actually seen him saying anything like what you're describing.

Maybe he did and I am wrong, but I am sure it's hard to assume anyone is arguing in good faith online when you are being targeted by the alt-right.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
People also forget to notice that the hyperspace kamikaze move didn't actually destroy the big Imperial ship. Can't remember how badly the smaller Star Destroyers faired, but Snoke's was pretty badly damaged but still functional. It makes way more sense that kamikaze attacks aren't done all the time because it cost the Resistance a ship bigger than anything the rebellion ever had just to temporarily disable the First Order's flagship.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
I think the reason it jives is the Sith Code is not a creed for the masses but a creed for the individual. In that context it makes Palpatine's rise to supremecy over the whole galaxy and being beholden to no power but his own the ultimate manifestation of the code.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
Ah yes, a "joke."

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
I think the my interest in the High Republic will increase as it gets closer to release, but seeing as we can die at any minute its hard to focus on anything so far out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
Good riddance.