Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Megachile posted:

Is Rebellion actually playable/fun? I tried a couple times when I was pretty young and just got really frustrated with the clunky interface. I was never able to accomplish very much. Is that because I was a dumb kid and is it actually worth going back to now?

Depends on your idea of fun I suppose. It's not a very exciting game but scratches the itch if you like pushing armies around a big map. I found it on an abandon ware site awhile back and had a lot of fun with it, but it is quite old and clunky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
I just recently went through audiobooks of the Thrawn trilogy and it's sequels past/future. It's maybe a minor nitpick but after 60-80 or however many hours, the "not Luke" voice the narrator has in Heir to the Jedi is just different enough to drive me insane. Maybe a month break between books next time, the difference is minor but somehow massively distracting.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Casimir Radon posted:

It has its issues. It's still far less of a mess than any comparable media phenomenon.

Now that 90% of the eu got tossed out an airlock? Sure! Before? Lots of stuff like this

loquacius posted:

There are two characters in Jedi Prince who have three eyes. One is Trioculus. His name means "three eyes." The other one is Triclops. His name means "three eyes." Both of them are claimed to be the son of Emperor Palpatine (who had two eyes), and both of them have names denoting how many eyes they have.

Luckily there's always been so drat much of it you can be regularly entertained while not running into the really dumb poo poo.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Weird, I just finished the audiobook last night and had an almost opposite reaction, I didn't care at all for the book until the last bits when they got to the village and all of that, the bugs went on forever and the twileks being the main characters for so long was really not what I was looking for, like I said in the other thread, that whole section of "twilek with the dragon tattoo" felt horribly out of place in sci fi pulp adventure aside from the last hour and a half which I did like, I'd rate the new books somewhere along the lines of heir, tarkin, new dawn, lords. Which is surprising, going into it my list of most anticipated would have been almost the opposite order.

My tl:dr counterpoint review of lords of the sith is; it was an 11 hour audiobook, the sheev & vader buddy time action hour doesn't start until 5 and a half hours in, before that it's a lot of twileks, not at all what I was expecting.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

SeanBeansShako posted:

The more I hear about this Battlefront the more I get more weary of what it could turn out like.

Battlefield 4 was one of my purchases when the ps4 came out, based on that I'd be shocked if half of it even works at release. The game was mostly playable but so many little issues, beyond that the playlists are bad, if you buy a dlc map pack you then get to choose to play only that map pack, or the base maps, if you have all the dlc packs then you get to choose from 5 playlists, one for each pack, no way at all to play a rotation of base game+dlc maps pooled together, which is the thing you'd want. They way it works now you get 5 lists of 5 rotating maps to play, instead of all 25 on rotation. Maybe they got better with Bf:Hardline but I would highly suggest waiting until release to see how it turns out, with the new movie at end of year and E3 in a month I'm expecting more choices for Star Wars video games to pop up.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
I think I know the answer but I'll ask anyway, the x-wing: rogue squadron books haven't seen an audiobook release since the old tapes floating around have they?

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Cythereal posted:

I'd take an Empire at War that's pure space battles, be it Homeworld style or more conventional RTS.

There's some sweet Sins of a Solar Empire mods out there. Game may be on sale for 9.99 till tomorrow in the steam sale. Also Empire at War has some sweet mods that make more space stuff betterish.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Even with the new update, KotOR 2 can't go to 1080p. :( It looks like it caps out at 1366x768, at least for me.

Weird, the write up I read claimed something nuts like "up to 4k!"

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
I noticed it at its worst in one of the sections with Wedge, at one point Wedge is referred to in the 3rd person while also being told from his perspective. It makes it a bit odd, does wedge refer to himself in 3rd person like a crazy or is there some narrator character telling the story to be revealed at the end. In the audiobook it's mostly unnoticeable but also jarring to hear a Star Wars tale from an omniscient narrator, usually the books are from the characters' points of view.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Aftermath is an ok title but a more fitting one would be; "Actually there's a hidden door at the back of this room to escape through"

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Sep 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
If I had to guess ill say they won't be outright bad but bad in the way that all the current marvel movies are bad, they'll be perfectly fine as you watch them but when upon a second viewing you'll find yourself hitting the skip button often. Not phantom menace bad but ST: Into Darkness bad, where everything is done competently just of no real depth.

After Aftermath all I want for them is to scrap all current plans and replace them with the Mr. Bones Trilogy. Mr. Bones part 1 is a shot for shot remake of the mr bean film with Mr Bones in the bean role, part 2 is The Dark Knight with Mr Bones taking Ledger's place and part 3 is a remake of Death Race 2000, I prefer Bones in the Carradine role but would accept him taking over for Stalone as Machine Gun Kelly.

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Sep 10, 2015