Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drinkin ur gfs milk
Jan 2, 2005

by Tiny Fistpump
Dinner for Schmucks

Went in because it stars my fave comedian Zach Galifianakis. Also stars Steve Carell and handsome man Paul Rudd (two regulars on the daily show) The premise is simple; Paul Rudd is Tim, a mid-level office jockey who's vying for a cubicle on "The 7th Floor", where higher ups make all the big investment decisions for the company. Every year the Boss throws a dinner party, and each guest must invite their own dunderhead. A week before the feast, Tim frantically searches for the perfect schmuck, while balancing his work and love life in the process.

The characters are unique and compelling on screen, and Carell really lets loose in this movie with 'Barry', whose eccentricities are both oblivious and charming. A smart funny flick that kept the audience's attention from start to finish, and doesn't rely on gross-out humor for laughs. Great pacing and a hilarious story that has heart. Funniest movie I've seen since The Hangover. Go see Dinner for Schmucks!

4.5/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
A great movie with heart and laughs and everyone laughed a lot! It was great! See it twice and buy two copies of the unrated DVD when it comes out. I hear it will be packed with scenes that were too crazy for theaters!

3/5