Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«266 »
Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007
I SHOULD BE FUCKING PERMABANNED BUT IN THE MEANTIME ASK ME ABOUT MY FAILED KICKSTARTER AND RUNNING OFF WITH THE MONEY

We all know that WTF D&D does this poo poo pretty well, but they cant catch everything, and I know I am not the only that can't stop laughing at that exalted cover.

So put pictures here

Phallic art in the book of vile darkness? well I never...

All the Whos down in whoville love spymasters

my chest is devouring my neck and I am angry

and of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

can we post cool images here too

Click here for the full 1380x679 image.

that dude on the far right loving kills me. he's got a helm. he's an adventurer

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007
I SHOULD BE FUCKING PERMABANNED BUT IN THE MEANTIME ASK ME ABOUT MY FAILED KICKSTARTER AND RUNNING OFF WITH THE MONEY

Dammit Who? posted:

Post cool images, post whack-rear end white wolf stuff, whatever, half the reason people buy RPGs is for that art man...

Captain Hats
Jan 6, 2009

ELF

Whelp, time to delve in the old image folder.

Click here for the full 1024x558 image.

Click here for the full 1200x760 image.

(One day I will play as this guy in a D+D game.)

Bieeardo
Aug 21, 2000

Someone bold, someone blue, someone borrowed, someone new...

He looks like your average Planescape adventurer to me.

(Goddamn, that 'enchantments lose power the further they are from their home plane' rule was the stupidest thing.)

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007

The followup to this is great. They should pay this guy for the new Little Fears

Click here for the full 800x616 image.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

^^
Wow, that's fantastic.

Seems to have disappeared off the internet

Zombies' Downfall
Aug 20, 2005

That which was the holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet possessed has bled to death under our knives.

The kitchen-sink approach to dieties in D&D (if it had a place in a real pantheon somewhere, it has a place here!) owns:

Also from the religion book, here's Corellon being utterly fabulous:

Edit: OH HEY LOOK WHAT I REDISCOVERED WHEN I OPENED UP EBERRON TO LOOK UP THE MOVIE LIST!!!

Click here for the full 1125x634 image.

I'm pretty sure the guy in the middle is what a failed Disguise check looks like, and the Bard on the right has what might be the most fantastic boots ever

Zombies' Downfall fucked around with this message at Aug 25, 2010 around 21:30

Bieeardo
Aug 21, 2000

Someone bold, someone blue, someone borrowed, someone new...

They're seven (square) leagues boots.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I'm pretty sure the guy in the middle is what a failed Disguise check looks like, and the Bard on the right has what might be the most fantastic boots ever

the guy in the middle is what lady gaga would look like if she lived in a time with renaissance-level clothing technology

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

I've always loved this image because it's just full of unbridled enthusiasm. She's all, "gently caress YES! NEW DAY! LET'S KICK SOME rear end!" The sky is the limit to her, and she's leaping off that cliff straight into adventure. It is glorious.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I stab at thee

Dammit Who? posted:

He's just so goddamned proud.

Edit: Fuckit, next character is going to be a warforged, and he is going to be THAT GUY. Except he'll be about four foot on a side. And I'll just scrawl "ADVENTURER!!!" over the class field on his sheet.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

A piece I had someone draw for me a long time ago:
(Spidey, Moon Knight, Hulk)

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007

Strontosaurus posted:

Seinfeld

Someone needs to make a big bang theory one with Sheldon explaining why 4e isn't D&D.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

probably the worst 4e art, Legolas halfling

Fausts Pen
May 29, 2007

GOING MY WAY?

This is probably my favorite piece of 3.x art ever. Yeah I gave my cat a beard to match mine, what about it?

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Fausts Pen posted:

This is probably my favorite piece of 3.x art ever. Yeah I gave my cat a beard to match mine, what about it?

The guy is also rocking Spider Jerusalem (who I know nothing about except that he's a comic book character) style glasses.

Anyway this has always been one of my favorite pieces of art in an RPG. Props if you can guess the game without checking the filename!

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

Well this is as good a time as any to say that I have ~3GB of character portraits. If anyone has any request's let me know, and I'll try to find one that fits it.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

homerlaw posted:

Well this is as good a time as any to say that I have ~3GB of character portraits. If anyone has any request's let me know, and I'll try to find one that fits it.

An educated gnoll in a fancy suit.

A githyanki in a brown poncho and sombrero.

A black-scaled kobold warlock.

I like weird characters

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

it doesn't look scary

Content from the Fiend Folio, posted without comment:

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Super Waffle posted:

An educated gnoll in a fancy suit.

A githyanki in a brown poncho and sombrero.

A black-scaled kobold warlock.

I like weird characters

I don't know about educated but there was a pimp gnoll in the d20 modern book.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

it doesn't look scary

Also gotta post this classic:

And my favorite Irritability strip:

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Click here for the full 1380x1111 image.

Gotta pace myself for this thread.

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007

Fuego, who drew the my little monsters set there, are there more?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

homerlaw posted:

A Halfling Sorcerer who clearly doesn't know what the hell he is doing.

A Goblin or Bugbear riding a Pig or Boar.

And if you want to throw all 3GB up on a torrent I wouldn't say no...

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007

Splicer posted:

a thousand times this

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Red_Mage posted:

Fuego, who drew the my little monsters set there, are there more?

No clue whatsoever, sorry.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

Splicer posted:

What should I host it on?

ShoulderDaemon
Oct 9, 2003

homerlaw posted:

What should I host it on?

Assuming there's no copyright issues with distributing them, I have a multi-terabyte storage system with decent upload and wouldn't mind hosting a torrent essentially forever. Email jblake@omgwallhack.org if you want to take me up on that, and we'll work out how to get it off your system in a timely manner and on a tracker somewhere. Depending on how much demand for these there is, I may also be able to shuffle it onto some reasonably-high-speed direct download location for a short time, but that'd take a day or so of negotiation and I don't want to promise it.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

it doesn't look scary

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

blargh

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

last one

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

clockworkjoe posted:

last one

This picture is awesome.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

clockworkjoe posted:

last one

Where is this from? Its so familiar

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003

Heffer posted:

Someone has the head as their avatar with the caption "You no take candle..."

Edit: I want the Modron adventurer and the aviator Kobold to hang out. They both seem so god drat proud of what they are.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.

Heffer posted:

ThInk it's from D20 modern urban arcana

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

Bit off topic, but can anyone direct me to where I could find the 3.0/3.5 Rogue Modron character stats? I want to homebrew up something 4e-ey but I'd like a baseline.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Splicer posted:

Bit off topic, but can anyone direct me to where I could find the 3.0/3.5 Rogue Modron character stats? I want to homebrew up something 4e-ey but I'd like a baseline.

I've been on-and-off working on 4e modrons for a little while now. The bonuses and abilities and feats I've put in are based on the 3.5 ones for rogue modron player characters - perhaps a little unwisely in some places. Adapting 3.5 stuff into 4e is a balancing act of trying to choose between adapting or throwing out all the broken poo poo that makes no sense in the new system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

Fuego Fish posted:

I've been on-and-off working on 4e modrons for a little while now. The bonuses and abilities and feats I've put in are based on the 3.5 ones for rogue modron player characters - perhaps a little unwisely in some places. Adapting 3.5 stuff into 4e is a balancing act of trying to choose between adapting or throwing out all the broken poo poo that makes no sense in the new system.
To avoid derailing this thread any further, is there anywhere we could ramble about modrons? I'd like to bounce some ideas off you, but the discussion page there seems to be inactive. Or mail me at SplicerSA at gmail dot com (don't have plat )

«266 »