Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Dominoes posted:

Where can I buy Captain Hammer or Serious Sam T-shirts? Seems easy enough, but I have some requirements that I haven't seen met:

1: Actually looks like the shirt Capt Hammer and Sam wear. Ie: Grey and white respectively. The logo looks right, which most of the Captain Hammer shirts don't.

2: It has a slim fit, not baggy American style. For a print shirt, I'm probably looking at American Apparel.
You can get the Hammer shirt directly from the doctor horrible e-shop http://drhorrible.shop.bravadousa.com/

Here's a cafepress shop selling serious sam stuff http://www.cafepress.com/seriously it says it is the official shop but I don't know if that's true.

I have a question: Is there a website where you can plug in your address and it'll give you all your government representatives, from the Federal down to the State and local level, including their contact information? I'm sick of having to go to several different sites when I want to write my representatives about something (yesterday I called 911 and no one answered, I am pissed about this)

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Dec 17, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
edit: nevermind I found the right thread to ask this in.

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Dec 22, 2011

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I need a link to a decent article explaining why it is so dangerous to fall into a body of water from a great height. I don't think I'm googling the right terms here. I need to explain to somebody who doesn't believe you can die from hitting water at great speed.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Mak0rz posted:

There isn't much explanation to it, really. Water is way, way more dense and viscous than air and there is a limit to how fast it can move out of the way to accommodate your speeding body. Ask him if he'd feel comfortable falling hundreds of feet into a vat of tar or bread dough.* Just slapping one of those substances with the palm of your hand is enough to make you realize that it'll be like hitting a brick wall.

* You might get the "BUT THAT'S DIFFERENT" response. It's the exact same principle. Terminal velocity varies depending on the medium. You can fall through tar and bread dough no problem if you take your time.
Yeah he's being a pedantic poo poo. "Sure you can get badly injured falling from 100 feet up onto water but people survive it! So it's not like hitting concrete!!"

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have some good strategies for remembering to do a thing? I am constantly forgetting to lock the doors to the house I live in (in a fairly lovely neighborhood) when I go through them and my roommate is getting to the point she's about ready to murder me over it. She's tried instituting a fee every time I forget but it hasn't really helped, it's really only made me feel like poo poo every time I forget.

I'm really tired of this being a thing, and I honestly don't know what sort of strategy I can use to help myself remember more. I forget little poo poo in other parts of my life too, in the last month I've left my headlights on three times and locked myself out of the car twice

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
My parents got a lot of mileage out of this book back when I was a kid:

Household Hints and Handy Tips

It's a bit old so some of the stuff in it might be dated, but a lot of poo poo doesn't change that fast. I remember reading through it a lot and learning some stuff as a teenager that was useful.

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 2, 2012

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Why does $3401 seem to be such a common bet in Final Jeopardy? Am I just noticing a trend that isn't there or is there something to that bet?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I'm going down to a job interview later and I'm trying to figure out what to do with my suit pants and jacket since I'll be driving my motorcycle. Do you think it'll be terribly wrinkly if I carefully fold it in a backpack and haul it down on my rack, then like change in a fast food place bathroom? I'm hesitant to just wear a suit for a 45 minute ride because I'll probably get oil on it or something, but a couple minutes to the business I'm going to should be alright.

Is there any special way I can fold the thing so it won't get wrecked during the commute?

As an addendum for the future, is there like, special luggage you can use to transport suits that you can't hang from a hook in a garment bag? Ones that'll strap nicely to a motorcycle rack?

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Mar 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know of a link shortening service that you can put two (or more) links into it and it'll randomly send the person to only one of those links? Preferably so the same person will always go to the same link.

Baring that, a way to do that without dedicated web hosting.

I swear this isn't to enable mischief on my part, it's for a school thing for a friend of mine.