Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEVILDOGOOORAH
Aug 2, 2010

~Animu fan~

Reveilled posted:

Does this:

Taste the same as white cheddar popcorn sold in bags? I occasionally buy white cheddar popcorn imported from America (because we don't have it here in the UK), but I'm wondering if this tastes basically the same or if it's likely to taste like something else (like, for example, actual cheddar cheese).

It's not going to taste like white cheddar. Really your best bet is to pop your own popcorn on the stove and using something like this: http://www.kernelseasons.com/shop_product_detail.php?pid=5

Infinitely better than any microwaved stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEVILDOGOOORAH
Aug 2, 2010

~Animu fan~

Mak0rz posted:

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to understand why art exhibits would give the time of day to a painting of a Campbell's soup can or a sculpture of soap boxes.

That was kind of Warhol's point with it, actually

DEVILDOGOOORAH
Aug 2, 2010

~Animu fan~

Mak0rz posted:

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. I don't know much about the guy, but he's often depicted in media as being one of those obnoxious hipster types. Is irony a big part of it, then?

I suppose you could say it was an irony thing. He was certainly an odd and controversial man. I'm not an art historian or anything, but I think he did bring some interesting thoughts to the public discourse regarding consumerism and what not. Plus I guess he just found beauty in the mundane (a soup can) and literally just silk screened that, which all of sudden made it art, as opposed to a grocery item.

DEVILDOGOOORAH
Aug 2, 2010

~Animu fan~

Tiggum posted:

This post in another thread reminded me of something I've been wondering about for a while now:

How does this work in America? If you need $3000 worth of medication per month to live and you don't have insurance, what happens? Do you die? Do you declare bankruptcy every month because you keep racking up $3000 worth of debt that you can't pay? What happens?

And if you go to the emergency room, you have to pay for that, right? But they can't just kick you out or refuse to treat you? So what happens if you can't pay for that?

Either amazing amounts of debt or you die.

edit: It's weird, I grew up dirt poor, no medical insurance and poo poo really. So now that I'm an adult at 29, I recently broke my foot and walked it off for 6 months because growing up, going to a doctor is something you just don't do, unless something is OBVIOUSLY hosed (bleeding or mangled)

DEVILDOGOOORAH fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Oct 31, 2012

DEVILDOGOOORAH
Aug 2, 2010

~Animu fan~

DEVILDOGOOORAH
Aug 2, 2010

~Animu fan~
Are you going to the middle east?

DEVILDOGOOORAH
Aug 2, 2010

~Animu fan~
It just means that you have a stop over provided by carrier I guess, it shows up on google and it sounds maybe not great I dont know.

I guess I don't know what you're asking specifically though

http://loyaltylobby.com/2011/12/29/my-experiences-with-stpc-stopver-paid-by-carrier-when-there-is-no-immediate-connection/

DEVILDOGOOORAH
Aug 2, 2010

~Animu fan~
Call the carrier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEVILDOGOOORAH
Aug 2, 2010

~Animu fan~
Greyhound isn't bad for a short hop like that.