Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dans
Nov 30, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Secret Kilrathi Weapon Depot in Wing Commander: Privateer
In the bars in planetary outposts and space stations, eventually, you'll hear a tall tale of a secret Kilrathi weapon depot along the border of Terran and Kilrathi space. Of course, heading to the front lines in a civilian transport is the definition of stupidity in the 2600s, but just about everyone who has played the game long enough will inevitably head into the great, deadly, Gothri-filled unknown in search of "all the weapons you can haul". Of course, no one has ever found that depot, but that never seemed to stop anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Blastinus posted:

Other fun hoaxes included being able to play Sean Connery, Roger Moore, and Timothy Dalton's versions of James Bond in Goldeneye's multiplayer mode

:( i was had by that one

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Belzac posted:

But players found out that if you suicided/blinked/generally try as hard as possible to get in there that the area down there is actually really really big and full of crazy theme rooms. It's a mystery why they would put so much time into an area they never intended for players to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiKNh9sNpm8&feature=related

My guess is that either they were bored at one point and just did some goof-off stuff for the heck of it (unlikely), or, more likely, they did intend for you to go down there but cut it (or in this case sealed it off) for gameplay reasons; since it's an always-updated game like WoW, maybe they'll re-use that area for a quest in an upcoming update.

That's one of the big appeals for me of online games - the devs going back and changing bits and pieces of the world every now and then, even if only temporarily, such as when lakes and ponds froze over in City of Heroes during the winter (after a super-villain attack) and until spring you could skate (okay, glide) across all bodies of water in town.

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh
All the secret games included in all the main menus of every system released since 1990. The Saturn and Master System actually had them, but I can't be the only one who spent hours trying different configurations to unlock the secret amazing 10/10 built in game into the Dreamcast!

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Last Call posted:

:( i was had by that one

Not really a hoax though, they just couldn't use the textures.

http://www.betagoldeneye.com/multi.htm

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

f#a# posted:

Funny you should mention it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImC7qTUW-Yo

It's a fake apparently, but I have no idea how they managed to do that. Looks pretty in-game to me...

I am almost sure that old lady is cut out from Return to Zork.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Methodis posted:

All the secret games included in all the main menus of every system released since 1990. The Saturn and Master System actually had them, but I can't be the only one who spent hours trying different configurations to unlock the secret amazing 10/10 built in game into the Dreamcast!

Reportedly the first arcade version of NBA Jam had a secret Battlezone game unlockable from the title screen, which got taken out in the second version.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

BrokenGameboys posted:

The original forums for the project is dead but lucky they now have a site.

http://www.projectcreepyblack.com/

Thanks for the link. They don't have much going on, but at least they've made recent updates. Looks like they're trying to make a rom hack with... no hackers? Hopefully it'll be finished, but who knows.

tamriilin
Dec 29, 2008

House was on this page when he got that annoying "I'm such a genius" look.
This poo poo is crazy.

That Ghosts of Halo thing is weird as gently caress. "Sometimes they can make very loud, piercing sounds."

what

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Not really a video game hoax in the literal sense but the multimedia series .hack is based around the idea of crazy paranormal stuff hidden in a popular MMO. It's got all the cliches that stories like Pokemon Black use (forum posts being deleted moments after posting them, mysterious white noise, ghostly children, being physically affected by events in the game) but for some reason doesn't really pull off being creepy, it's more like a mystery adventure trying to find out the meaning behind all these things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.hack

Bulgaroktonos
Aug 24, 2010

by Lowtax
Final Fantasy VI/III generated a tremendous amount of bullshit back in the mid 90s.

It all stemmed from a jobber named General Leo who you were able to control for about five minutes, and who subsequently dies. According to rumor, he was able to be resurrected if you followed an absurd number of steps.

If you resurrected him, he changed the ending entirely.

Forge_Pharaoh
Jul 4, 2010
I spent a good portion of my childhood trying to figure out the cheat code to pilot an AT-AT in the Battle of Hoth at the beginning of Shadows of the Empire for N64. I KNOW that there was a cheat code to play as an AT-ST (and later as a Wampa ["Wampa Stompa"]) but I heard some kids at my school say that it was possible to play an AT-AT, the ones with four legs instead of two. I scoured every cheat code magazine and website I could find, and even approached a kid in my grade rumored to have the cheat, but I could never find it. A few years later I reflected on this and came to the conclusion that some people just got the two vehicles confused.

KillRoy
Dec 28, 2004
I many not go down in history but I'll go down on you sister.
I was always amazed at how many people fell for the EGM April Fool's Day articles. If it's the April Edition of EGM and there is an article that says you have to beat Alan Wake in 4 minutes without shooting any bullets and only walking backwards, it's probably not true!

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Super Mario Kart

Like many rumors, there were a host of flat out lies for popular games like Super Mario Kart that got passed around in the cesspools of Angelfire and Tripod websites. I remember one of these being a fairly simple key combination that would, quite nonchalantly, allow you to drive as a character called Maxx. Being somebody who played the poo poo out of this game, I tried everything in my power to make this a reality. I didn't know how a character like Maxx was relevant to a game like Super Mario Kart, but I was going to see it happen.

It didn't happen.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

KillRoy posted:

I was always amazed at how many people fell for the EGM April Fool's Day articles. If it's the April Edition of EGM and there is an article that says you have to beat Alan Wake in 4 minutes without shooting any bullets and only walking backwards, it's probably not true!

I think their old April Fool's gags were actually quite clever and reliant either on sounding plausible, being something people really wanted to be true, or both.

Shen Long was based on existing rumors and the general fighting game fever of people wanting to find obscure secret fights and stuff. Akuma in RE2 was vaguely believable because the game had another ridiculous character with ludicrous unlock requirements (Tofu). Sonic and Tails in Melee weren't super believable (wouldn't Sega want us to know? and there's no way they'd use them WITHOUT Sega approval), but they were something people wanted so badly that they were willing to suspend their disbelief a bit.

Obviously most people could still see through them but I don't think they were as terrible, random, and stupid as the current-day version where every single gaming website puts up a fake frontpage on April 1st.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
To be fair, it can be easy to forget you're reading an April issue when they go on newsstands in late February.

Splash Damage
May 23, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
That Killswitch game, Jail Game and Minecraft hoaxes are so drat spooky. Too bad such things are almost non-existent today. Closest the game got to these levels of mindfuckery was Arkham Asylum.

Anyways, I've always been fascinated by such discarded, hard to find stuff. I once read on TVTropes about some game called something like "Amazing Fun Adventure!" and it was a happy child's game but upon installing it turned out to be a huge screamer (Devilish face, blinking lights and screaming/howling). Supposedly it was the developer's revenge for being fired?

Another weird-rear end game was Mondo Medicals which is supposed to be an allegory for fighting cancer? I'm too big of a pussy to ever play it but it's supposedly very unsettling, doesn't give any directions and the only sound in-game is heavy breathing.

While not a game, there was a flash animation about a Red Room, which was a weird website that caused whoever visited it to go crazy and suicidal. It's fake and ever since I've been kinda scared to go to "mysterious websites". Doesn't help that there are tons of screamer websites, "creepypasta" and even one site mentioned on SA that is just a man in a costume standing in his room and you type out instructions to him.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
I'm just full of links but I remembered that GameTrailers started up a series on investigating ancient game rumors/hoaxes to see if there were any validity to them. They've mostly done relatively tame stuff but it's still interesting.

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/pop-fiction/13123

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

DO IT TO IT posted:

There was the classic Zelda: Ocarina of Time one where everyone came up with ridiculous ways you can get the Triforce. The indentation was right there on the quest status screen so everyone thought you could get it.
I remember hearing a bunch of interesting OOT rumors back in middle school, like you could find the Temple of Light if you took a certain very specific route through the desert area, which let you move on to a new map instead of being warped back by the sandstorm, and going there would lead you on a quest to get the Triforce and an alternate ending to the game. The evidence for this is actually a structure visible in that area if you look at the horizon, its outline is highlighted when lightning strikes (it's actually just the desert temple).

Also this thread reminded me I need to pick Fallout 3 back up if for nothing more than to go find and complete the Dunwich Building.

JihadforChrist
Mar 19, 2010
Speaking of Poke'mon There was a very creepy urban legend/creepypasta about Poke'mon Red/Green and how it allegedly was responsible for the deaths/suicides of several hundred Japanese children. Apparently the game's music for Lavender Town contained hidden tones that had psychological affects on children young enough to hear it. Adult ears were incapable of picking up the tones. Also the game contained several hidden sprites/animations/enemies that the player would fight resulting in a game over and the console freezing. However the game would save a image to the Gameboy's internal memory and display it upon startup instead of the standard Gameboy start up image.

http://www.rickey.org/?p=43703

Its all fake but the first version of Poke'mon Red/Green and the subsequent released verions DO contain a slightly different audio track.

Lavender Town always was kinda weird. Ever notice how your rival has a Raticate before you reach Lavender Town but afterward you never see it again? You severely injured his Raticate and it never made it off the S.S. Anne in time. You killed Gary's beloved poke'mon and he was in Lavender Town to give it a burial.

Parkour Lewis
Apr 10, 2002

Yes I wanna play.
I really really do.
I remember way back in the late 80's or early 90's reading a story picked up in a local newspaper about a young french girl who had become obsessed with a video game (the article listed the game's name but I forget what it was), and had basically locked herself in her room, playing it nonstop. After a few days of this, her parents were worried that they hadn't heard any noise coming from her room for a few hours and broke in to find her missing, and the game still running on her computer, frozen with the message "Aidez Moi!" ("help me!") printed on the screen. They called the police and searched the town and countryside for her, despite the fact that her door and windows were locked from the inside, but never found a trace of her. The parents and police contacted the video game manufacturer to see if something in the game might have scared her and made her run away, but the manufacturers told them it had to be a hoax or a joke, because there was no coding in the game to print the message "Aidez Moi!" on the screen for any reason. The mother had become convinced that her daughter had become so obsessed with the game that she'd been trapped inside it somehow, and was calling for help.

The weird thing that made me want to believe this story when I was a dumb kid was that it was in an actual newspaper, not a tabloid rag. Though now I imagine they'd picked it up from who knows what source and ran it just as a weird entertainment piece.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

Mortal Kombat was a source of many rumors (because the game by itself wasn't outrageous or controversial enough at the time). Every ten year old claimed to know a bout nude codes, swear codes or super-outrageous fatalities and the like.

I wonder if the same kind of rumors fly around about Modern Warfare 2 or whatever the kids play these days.

Well, my little brother (12) stayed up till all hours of the night the other day with his clan buddies on MW2 waiting for a mysterious friend of a friend of a friend to show up and start a free tenth prestige lobby. Does that count?

The Fuglystick
Jan 12, 2009
Well, this wasn't really a hoax, but it kinda had a slight creepypasta thing going on for it. During exceptionally laggy games in halo 2 online, and even more rare on halo 3, it was possible for a player to join a game in progress, but to everyone else in the game, the player's model would be static when moving. It would just slide around and face the same direction consistently. The guy who first recorded this happening made a video to play on the oddly creepy phenomena, aptly titled "the ghost of lockout". Before it was discovered it was just a guy joining a laggy game and being a ghost player in the lobby(they didn't show up on scoreboards either), I remember reading speculation about hidden bots on xbox live or a host of other absurd things.

Like I mentioned earlier, this "ghost" effect was also seen in halo 3, but by then everyone was like, meh.

edit: beaten like i was as a child. didn't see the posts on the previous page

The Fuglystick fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Aug 31, 2010

Coagulated
Jul 19, 2010

by Fistgrrl

Coagulated fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 29, 2010

Refrigerapist
Dec 11, 2004

Belzac posted:

I love the Karazhan Crypt in WoW. For those who don't know there is a very large Castlevania inspired castle in a not very traveled to area. Eventually the castle got turned into a raid that can be fully explored but near by it is a crypt with a locked grate that can't be bypassed. Looking through the grate it looks like a little flavor area built just to show you that there's something down there but probably nothing interesting (like most road blocks in games). But players found out that if you suicided/blinked/generally try as hard as possible to get in there that the area down there is actually really really big and full of crazy theme rooms. It's a mystery why they would put so much time into an area they never intended for players to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiKNh9sNpm8&feature=related

Is it still possible to get to the Kara Crypt? I've always wanted to see it.

Anyone else remember any rumors about that sick guy in the sewers in that Midgar (I think?) slum in FFVII? Kids in my neighborhood thought that was part of the quest to revive Aeris in the original Japanese game, but everyone hated that so they took it out for the American release.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Mister Bung posted:

I know, I know, just adding info to the surrounding 'use fly, walk up and down, get mew' thing

Anyone interested in this should go see the pokemon blue glitch lp here on sa

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
There is actually a DS game based on the concept of urban legends surrounding a cursed video game. Japan-exclusive, unfortunately, which is a drat shame as it looks really loving interesting.

Better known is Eversion, a neat little game in which Lovecraftian horror lurks beneath the innocent facade of a cutesy 8-bit platformer.

Also, Yume Nikki (Dream Diary), a RPG Maker game in which you explore the vast, unsettling labyrinth of the protagonist's dreams. Graphically resembles a nightmarish version of Earthbound. Or an even more nightmarish version of Earthbound, if you're of a certain disposition.

Just some suggestions for those of you who love those "haunted video game" urban legends. This is as close as you'll ever get.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Aug 31, 2010

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
This is almost the exact opposite of the thread's subject, but it still involves hoaxes. Back before Final Fantasy X was released, I was a regular on the Final Fantasy Online IRC channel. FFO was at the time slowly losing its spot as one of the most popular Final Fantasy sites online. It had been at or near the top before FF9 was released, but just kind of drifted downhill after that.

Anyway, there was a lot of buzz about FFX. Shortly before and after the game was released, we got a lot of people from a competing site coming in and spamming the channel with "Yuna dies, Sin is Jecht, Auron is a ghost." We'd kick them and complain about what idiotic hoaxes they were trying to spread. There's no way they'd kill off a protagonist, there's no way the main character's father is the last boss, and Auron is obviously not dead. :v: Until I reached the appropriate points in the game, I firmly believed those statements. Of course, Yuna winds up not dying, but the intention was there, and the other two "hoaxes" were absolutely true. v:shobon:v

So an attempt to troll us with the truth failed because I, at least, couldn't believe it. I don't know if the other people on my side knew the truth, but even after I learned the early spoiler I kept up the "What a stupid rumor" talk, just to keep from spoiling the newbies who hadn't played it yet.

I never fell for the Phantom, though. When I first heard about it, it was supposed to be able to play every game. That seemed impractical, because the console would need:
-a 5.25" floppy drive
-a 3.5" floppy drive
-a tape drive
-Atari slots, including 2600 and Lynx
-Nintendo cart slots: Gameboy, NES, SNES (Maybe GBA and/or N64, I forget the timeframe)
-Sega cart slots: Genesis, Game Gear
-CD drive
-Video disc drive (These were the HUGE ones, the size of LPs)
-And probably a few others I'm forgetting. Plus the controllers would be a nightmare. You could conceivably do everything with a joystick and a keyboard, though.
When I heard it was supposed to be a networked device, downloading ROMs from a server, I thought that was stupid. Who would ever pay more money to get a game they already have sitting in their closet? :v:

Dareon fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Aug 31, 2010

manyleeks
Apr 22, 2010

Just another day at the office
This whole thread puts me in mind of Persona 2. Maybe it's worth going back and digging out some of those old insane hoaxcheats now that we're talking about them.

Ocarina of Time was one of the big ones of my youth, largely based on some preview screenshots I saw in Nintendo magazine. They were obviously from a very early beta, because a lot of the interface buttons had changed, but to an impressionable 11-year-old, they looked very much like AWESOMESUPERSECRET PLACE WE DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT. The green b-button icon had a picture of a bomb on it, and it showed adult Link in the pre-evil version of Hyrule castle town. I spent so long trying to do all kinds of ridiculous poo poo to get there...

It's kinda sad finding out that most of these things are just bugs or people misinterpreting things, because I think deep down we all want video game developers to spend months building huge extra areas or weeks building extra characters and then make it nigh-impossible for us to get them.

What surprises me is that even when the internet existed, these rumours persisted (tangential mention of pokemon crap). These days they don't seem to pop up as often, or if they do, they're immediately shot down. Is it just that the internet has become a much more cynical place?

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?

SpaceBees posted:

Polybuis

This one is a crazy urban legend that is said to have originated on Usenet. Essentially, a new prototype arcade game was released that proved to be incredibly popular. Many players became addicted, with cases of insomnia, nightmares, and suicide apparently. There were also rumors that the FBI was monitoring players that achieved high scores. To this date there is no evidence it exists, but I guess a ROM was released about two years ago. It seems like a pretty normal game, but I could see how it would bother someone with epilepsy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polybius_%28game%29

For anyone who's actually sat down and played the remake of Polybius, have you figured out what all the little tweaks on Higher Functions do? Reading the descriptions in-game makes my inner conspiracy nerd happy, but I'm unable to figure out just exactly what all the various "mental programming" tweaks do, and a list or something would be appreciated greatly.

EDIT: Also, why are there no decent videos of the Polybius remake on Youtube? Everything I've got turns up in Spanish, and mine is admittedly quite rusty.

SSJ Reeko
Nov 4, 2009

Dareon posted:

When I heard it was supposed to be a networked device, downloading ROMs from a server, I thought that was stupid. Who would ever pay more money to get a game they already have sitting in their closet? :v:

The Phantom was actually on Attack of The Show once, and they showed off how it worked in detail. Yeah they downloaded the games from some server or such and it would play them on the console. They even downloaded and used Thief 3 as an example on the show. I forget when that was but it was some time ago.

Magnatux
Nov 13, 2004

The surrealistic adventure became my world.
Well minecraft is goddamn creepy for one, that video gave me the same feeling I think I would have gotten if I saw another human digging in my animal crossing town... on the gamecube version. (I never did, don't start rumors). If you want creepy animal crossing, go to the Let's Play Archive.

The Stop 'n' Swop at least got closure with Nuts 'n' Bolts for the 360, and though it wasn't anything like what it could have been, you did actually use the items for things.

I remember melee's billion unlockable wishlist characters, chris houlihan (real, right?), every single female in a video game can be stripped, justin bailey bikini (real, right?), and Legend of zelda's Buddhist symbol dungeon map.

The only recent hoax I can think of is a certain poster in the WOW forums that spent months leaking bits of patch data from the Alpha patches for Cataclysm, then got the thread excited about cosmetic slots (a large part of the pointless bickering in the thread) actually being implemented via a post in the same format he'd been using for things. It lasted maybe a week, and only affected the thread, but it was a great hoax.

Also, Nintendo Power had, years ago, an article about a "new pipe transport system" that would let people take mario-style pipes everywhere around the country, crossing states in minutes instead of hours. I'm okay with admitting that they actually got me THAT april. Never again, though.

Finally, while obvious, perma-death in wow and the food franchise were pretty awesome. I think they were the same year as the Panderan hoax.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Rollersnake posted:

Also, Yume Nikki (Dream Diary), a RPG Maker game in which you explore the vast, unsettling labyrinth of the protagonist's dreams. Graphically resembles a nightmarish version of Earthbound. Or an even more nightmarish version of Earthbound, if you're of a certain disposition.

Funny that you should mention Yume Nikki.This game actually has a few things that would fit pretty well into this thread. For example, this event was THOUGHT to be something that people had made up, until it got found in the files. However, it has a 1/3600 chance of triggering. Yeah. There's even a well hidden, completely terrifying fake-out crash. I guess this might not apply to the actual topic very well though, as they're not hoaxes, but seeing as a lot of people in this thread seem interested in this sort of creepy hidden poo poo in games, i figured it was worth pointing out. :shobon: That, and it's my favorite freeware game ever, so i'll take any chance i can to post about it.

Tufty
May 21, 2006

The Traffic Safety Squirrel

andrew smash posted:

In the same vein, a lot of the old hoaxes we talked about in the middle school lunchroom are actually possible with action replay or gameshark, etc. The two I tried were bringing aeris back and getting mew. Aeris technically works in that you can stick her in your party and use her in combat, but she doesn't have any lines and you can't switch her out unless you go to an event that forces you to use a set party, after which you can't switch her back in. Mew works fine, you can put it into a party slot with a gameshark. I heard nintendo had some plans to give it away in promotions or something, all of the files and poo poo are on the cartridges. There's no way to get it by walking back and forth in front of a truck or whatever, though.

Not by walking back and forth of the truck, but there is a way to get Mew in Red and Blue without going to one of the special events or using a Gameshark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkF7Xjxn9jc&feature=fvw

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

The Leg - Prototype

One I've been reading about recently is based on something the devs of Prototype said. They basically implied that after you finished the game, a dismembered leg will appear somewhere in the city. Somehow this enables the use of a new character and a new side mission. People have found the leg but as of yet thats where it stops. The devs haven't commented any more on the topic either.

It sounds like a made up hoax to me, all the trapping of an oldie day video game hoax (finish the game completely then find a leg on a random building somewhere in the massive city). The quote from the Radical apparently comes from a Neoseeker interview but googling doesn't bring anything up so.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Super Mario Kart

Like many rumors, there were a host of flat out lies for popular games like Super Mario Kart that got passed around in the cesspools of Angelfire and Tripod websites. I remember one of these being a fairly simple key combination that would, quite nonchalantly, allow you to drive as a character called Maxx. Being somebody who played the poo poo out of this game, I tried everything in my power to make this a reality. I didn't know how a character like Maxx was relevant to a game like Super Mario Kart, but I was going to see it happen.

It didn't happen.

Or Mario Kart 64 where you could jump to the penguin on the sea ice to get Koopa. :v:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Solice Kirsk posted:

Is the Upside Down Sinners room a call out to Big Trouble in Little China? Cause that makes WoW just a little bit cooler in my book.

Wouldn't be the only one in the game! Check it:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=7734 - Six Demon Bag

"Blasts enemies in front of you with the power of wind, fire, all that kind of thing!"

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
On Karazhan I have heard that the inverted castle was originally intended as a second raid that extended from normal kara in a hardmode style that they eventually went with in WotLK. It was intended as a homage to Symphony of the Night.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Just remembered. Theres also UFOs in the X games. They spawn at random, fly around levels and then jet off to parts unknown. They're alot faster and stronger than ingame ships so chasing them is basically impossible. People have posted about finding UFO bases an other such nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mew force shoelace
Dec 13, 2009

by Ozmaugh
In pokemon if you hold B and Up it alters the RND slightly so if you are an autistic nerd you can look in huge charts to effect catch rates but that translated to every kid ever as "hold up and B and you'll catch everything".

I still do it just as a good luck charm though.