Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Alberto Basalm posted:

Yeah, Killswitch seems very interesting. Is it really impossible to stop it from deleting itself or to copy it?

:ssh: I don't think that story's actually true.

The one in the OP that interested me the most was Polybius, because that actually sounds like there's a nugget of truth in it. I could believe that there was a Polybius cabinet at some point, it had flashing graphics that gave a few people seizures so it was canceled and recalled, then people started attributing a bunch of made up stuff to it so over time this myth grew around it.

Killswitch just sounds like somebody in a college creative writing class made up a spooky story off the top of their head:

quote:

To find any copy usable today is an almost unfathomably rare occurance; a still shrink-wrapped copy was sold at auction in 2005 for $733,000 to Yamamoto Ryuichi of Tokyo. It is entirely possible that Yamamoto’s is the last remaining copy of the game. Knowing this, Yakamoto had intended to open his play to all enthusiasts, filming and uploading his progress. However, to date, the only film which has surfaced is a one minute and forty five second clip of a haggard Yamamoto at his computer, the avatar-choice screen visible over his right shoulder.

Yamamoto is crying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU