Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Wendell posted:

I've tried two browsers and I can't even get that screenshot with the children dialogue to expand. I thought that was just part of the trick. It works for you?

Here it is a bit bigger: http://i54.tinypic.com/34nha14.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

It's on the bottom of the blog post by the way a link to the resized image.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Szmitten posted:

Oh hey, part 3 of the Majora story is done!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K48QdVhCBfQ

No screencap of 4Chan since it's all in the Youtube description.

I like how some of the comments are of people who are really freaked out. I wouldn't say this is scary, but it is creepy I guess, and really well done. So props to Ben or whatever.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Wandering Knitter posted:

Well? Where's my scaredy-cat explanation for me? :v:

It's not scary at all. None of it is.

Creepy sure. Scary nah.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Lucidphoole posted:

Ghost stories contained in a video game just aren't very scary. What's to be frightened of by a cartridge that holds a ghost. All you would have to do to be rid of it is turn off the console and walk away. Having your in-game protagonist killed multiple times by a character who shouldn't be there isn't scary.
The entire story seemed to be "my game was glitched, because it was haunted by a drowned boy who used to own it and now I'm afraid for my life because a ghost who never affected anything outside of the game and only communicated through the game said scary things at me."
Maybe it requires intimate knowledge of Majoras Mask cause all I saw in the videos was a glitchy game from the 90s.

If someone was to write a "creepypasta" about GTA where the hookers the player killed rose from the grave and stalked him only ingame I'd find it hard to be frightened too. And imagine someone who's never played the game, they wouldn't know anything was going wrong unless they were told and even then they probably write it off as a glitch and not care.

Majora's Mask came out in 2000 :smug:

Gotta give the MM videos props though, the game is a bit creepy since it has a different feel from say Link to the Past or Ocarina of Time. It's not scary like you'd have a heart attack or nothing though. Although the Clock Town music played backwards or whatever is a bit creepy.

Also the videos play off the fact that the mask salesman is a scary looking guy. He's not really, but I guess at 10 or whatever age people played MM at he was a bit off.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

The ending of that last MM video was alright, but everything else about it is just boring.

All he does for 5 minutes is select items. So exciting :suicide:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

BeLieve
BelIeve
BeliEve

He did this thing a couple times.

LIE. LIE. LIE.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

The Majora's Mask thing is starting to get a bit lame now:

http://www.youshouldnthavedonethat.net/

Has something to do with 2012 or some poo poo. I guess it relates to the moon destroying the earth or something dumb.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Barudak posted:

Tanker, Second Level, Dining Room. The room also features cooking pans that make unique noise dependent on their size when you shoot them and condiment bottles and dispensers that can be individually broken. This is literally the only time in the game the ice shows up, the pans and condiment bottles make a slight cameo in on the Big Shell where you encounter the Bomb Disposal Expert.

This is also a game that features a flashlight projecting an action-figure's shadow onto a wall to trick you that that character is in the game. If you shoot the action figure it begins launching little BBs out which realistically roll around the environment. It is the only action figure in the game.

I don't know why the internet doesn't talk about it, it was a big deal when the game was in development. Hell PSM raved about the ice as a thing only the playstation could do.

It Only Does: Realistic Ice Cube Melting

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Someone on Facebook linked me to something new Jadusable did or whatever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4E-EYWML1o

It's stupid as usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Mammal Sauce posted:

My favourite secret in Super Mario RPG is the guaranteed 9999 damage you get if you hit "A" at the right time while using Geno Whirl. As far as I remember it doesn't work on bosses, though.

This trick actually works on Exor. It owns.

*Just saw this was posted before but whatever, it's still cool :colbert:

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 22, 2012