Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Vorgimmler posted:

I'm honestly surprised no one found this one out yet, but way back when EGM had printed an awesome hoax about being able to play as Akuma by beating the game six times over, both scenarios, with just the knife. I remember a friend of mine actually trying it repeatedly and nearly breaking one of his discs because he couldn't figure out it was a drat joke.

EGM had/has a habit of spawning a lot of urban legends about video games for April Fool's Day. For instance, they claimed that it was possible to unlock Sonic and Tails in Super Smash Bros. Melee by defeating 20 enemies in Cruel Melee, and rumor has it that they had received a number of angry letters demanding to know why their solution for doing so didn't actually work. Bear in mind, as I just mentioned, this magazine prints purposeful hoaxes for April Fool's Day every single year, and had been doing this for almost a decade before printing this specific one.

Other fun hoaxes included being able to play Sean Connery, Roger Moore, and Timothy Dalton's versions of James Bond in Goldeneye's multiplayer mode and a special cheat code that would make all the characters in Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball go topless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU