Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!

SpaceBees posted:

What? World -1 does indeed exist!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG_xxm-HSRY
I'm pretty sure the guy you quoted was talking about the chocolate factory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

This isn't really a hoax or an urban legend, but does anyone by chance remember the Master System game Quartet? I played it a lot when I was younger and I remember certain bizarre secret rooms that I'd run into very very rarely triggered by going in and out of certain doors. Actually, the one on the 2nd level was easy to reproduce, but there was some other one that was rare.

Also all this Secret of Evermore talk and browsing that blog and music reminded me how much I like this remix from it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN-ubBg5vfk

(An arranged version of the Dog Maze music that appears on the OSV)

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

Endorph posted:

It's more because people don't tend to say "gently caress" a lot in real life, even around really close friends.
haha, what? really?

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

Fuego Fish posted:

It's almost like everyone's different or something!
Well, yeah, that was my point, his original statement was ridiculous because it generalized 'people' so much.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

No, it really wouldn't

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

Alterian posted:

That's not what the uncanny valley is.
What? Yes, it is.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

Ok well its one thing to be afraid of a horror game like Resident Evil or even a creepy game like Arkham Asylum, but no grown rear end man needs to be afraid of games designed for kids (Pokemon, Zelda). Nothing to do with the cynical world we now live in. Compared to the golden age this generation is full of pussies anyway honestly
Sometimes it's best to just take a moment and look who you're replying to.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

Chetwaters posted:

How about the rumors that if you win in Minesweeper the little face puts on sunglasses. What bullshit that game is impossible.
It is possible to win at Minesweeper, idiot!

Just use the cheat that changes the top left pixel of your screen when you're hovering over a mine.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

Lone Rogue posted:

The Noises coming from inside Children is a bad-rear end title, though. That's the sort of thing that sends shivers down your spine.
You are the reason these stories get written.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

who cares if TVTropes gives stupid names to things or has an annoying community, it's still a really entertaining website with a lot of interesting information.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

For Sonic 3, you have to admit the part from 'Jam' is more or less identical to the sound in Carnival Night Zone.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

ymgve posted:

I came over this today:

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/07/mf_chainworld/all/1

It's an article about a game - on a single USB stick, that you're supposed to play only once, and then pass it on to someone else.
I had never heard of this guy until now. Talk about giving the indie scene a bad name.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

RagnarokAngel posted:

The constant reminder that, as an atheist, making a game a religion is hard is hysterical to me.
Giving a bad name to indie developers and atheists in one blow. Most impressive.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

Mammal Sauce posted:

banjo stuff
The 2nd page of this thread has quite a bit of info about this.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

Personally I hate the term 'creepypasta' and 'copypasta' as well, both of them make me want to tear my hair out. What the gently caress do these words even mean? Particularly creepypasta, why not just say scary stories or something?

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

Are all the spelling mistakes intentional?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

Eggie posted:

Video game myth #362566: People have actually enjoyed Secret Of Evermore.
I loved Secret of Evermore. The game has really good atmosphere. If you're complaining about the hit detection, yeah, it's shoddy, but then again so was Secret of Mana's, a game that is almost universally praised.