Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Vargo posted:

It's been done.

Also, what a lovely upload.

Sadly, G&J might have the most defensible instance of end-dancing of any of these films. Contemporary accounts suggest that almost all of Shakespeare's plays concluded with a dance by the characters, to represent the return to concord and harmony.

That doesn't stop it from looking drat stupid when Shakespeare companies do it today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Gyges posted:

I'd say that Conan was more of a what would happen if a Syfy movie got an actual budget type of thing. It's a lot like the occasional miniseries they make that has a couple actual actors and tries to be competent.

Conan almost went out of it's way to say it was doing it different from the Arnold version.

As a big D&D nerd I enjoyed Conan, but as someone with decent taste in movies I felt extremely self-conscious the whole time for enjoying it. All-in-all I should have just waited to red box it and watched it guilt-free.

• Locked thread