Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

RagnarokAngel posted:

The older models are often valued because of PS2 BC. So you might be able to make a decent price if you sell online

Along these lines, I'm going to be selling my backwards compatible, 60gb launch PS3 in a couple of weeks or so. Everything works perfectly and I haven't had any problems the entire time I've had it.

I'm letting any interested buyers have a crack at it here first before I put an ad up on craigslist or ebay.

PM me if you will be interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

RagnarokAngel posted:

I think you need to put it up on SA Mart, soliciting outside of there is a no go.

I will once I'm ready to sell it. Just wanted to drop a note here first to let the readers of the thread know about it.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Policenaut posted:

Hey, I have a quick question about the Data Transfer Utility. I'm about to go out and buy the PS3 Move bundle and I kind of wanted to get an answer before starting this thing up.

I read the whole thing up to this part and got a little confused

What does this mean exactly? Do I create a PlayStation Network account on the new PS3 or am I already fine with what I have on my old PS3. Because it sounds all fine (update both to new firmware, deactivate account, sync trophies) until I get to that part. It kind of just sounds like if I didn't have a PSN account on the original PS3 to begin with I'd have a problem but just checking.

Can't you just log in as your current profile on the new PS3? Or am I missing something? I'll like to know this as well since I'm in your same boat.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Roman posted:

Now you don't have to struggle with those PS3 firmware upgrades any more! Best Buy will have their Geek Squad professionals apply them the the low price of $329.98!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=117152

(It's actually with the purchase of a PS3 so it's only like $30. Still dumb though.)

I swear Best Buy is the king of this kind of poo poo. Everything from their "professional" home theater installation to the entire geek squad.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Should have known better than to rely on Sony customer service. The lady basically read off the online manual verbatim.

I hope one of you guys can help me out. I was in the middle of doing a data system transfer between a fat 60gb PS3 and a slim 320 gb PS3. The progress bar was at 98% on the slim when an error code 80024608 came up. Google search for this error code comes up with nothing. The customer service person said nothing came up on her system. Apparently I'm a unique flower with this error code.

I followed everything to the letter in their online manual and disabled both internet connections on each system. Maybe something is corrupt on the fat PS3?

I'm in the middle of trying this again. I really hope it works this time. :(

EDIT: I got it to work after trying about 5 times and doing different things each time. Had to go into safe mode on each PS3 and rebuild the system files. Also had each PS3 looking for a wired internet connection instead of wireless.

The old fat 60gb is now undergoing complete system restore/formatting. I'll be putting it up for sale and a bunch of PS/PS2 games you can play it on in the near future over in SA mart! :)

MrMidnight fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Oct 26, 2010

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Welp, right when I fix one problem another one decides to come up. Fortunately this one seems a bit more common.

I'm getting error code 80023102 whenever I try to buy anything from the playstation store. All my credit card info has been correct so I don't know why I'm getting this all of a sudden. Anybody here have experience with this and can help me out?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

You're going to lose everything. Copy what few saves it'll let you to USB, because those ones are the only ones you'll get to keep.

Don't bother with anything else because you'll have to redownload it all anyway.

But yeah, sync your trophies and deactivate your PS3 from any accounts. You do that by logging in to the accounts, in Account Management is System Activation.

When I finally got my data transfer to work completely, everything was carried over except I had to re-download all the DLC for my games.

Don't forget on the new PS3 you have to de-activate and THEN activate your same account. I had to do this in order to play any game I downloaded via PSN.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

FearOfABlackKnob posted:

Was it hard to get your account back? What about the money they charged? Did you get that back too?

Edit: I just called Sony and they said they are going to give me my money back and give me back my account. They stole my password via the PSP store. I haven't turned on my PSP in 15 months :psyduck:

Crazy. You got me paranoid now.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

What do you guys recommend for PS3 controller charging stations?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Mine locked up a bunch whenever I tried to quit DJ Hero 2. That may have something to do with using the turntable to shut down the system instead of the controller.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

frogg posted:

Highlight a game, press triangle, select information, and change the album tag to the name of the folder you want it filed under. If the folder doesn't exist yet it will be created for you!

e: nay you mind, sir.

I never knew about this either. Thanks a ton!

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Crows Turn Off posted:

One time, I held the can upside-down and sprayed a friend's knee with it. He had a bruise covering his knee for like a month and a half.

Really? How long did you spray it for? Back when I worked at RadioShack and we got bored we used to do that to our arms but we never got any kind of bruising (Yes, we were retarded high schoolers). Your friend must have some flimsy skin.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

ZeeBoi posted:

I just read that Sony's E3 press conference will be 5 hours long. :suicide:

Four of those hours will be spent apologizing. :sweatdrop:

Pretty lovely that Sony has to spend time explaining and apologizing for the security breach at E3.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

Naw, I'm pretty sure they won't even mention it. Why on earth would they? What would be in it for them?

It'll feel like the big elephant in the room if they don't say anything about it but it would be best if they didn't say anything. The goal is definitely to promote games and not highlight the fact they got hacked.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

That new dynamic theme that I think is supposed to be flying through the inside of brain makes me dizzy and wanna puke.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Because turning on Full on a device that doesn't support it cuts off all your highest and lowest colors - which can have strange effects on anything that depends on contrast near those borderlines.

I used test images (especially of 0 to 255 RGBW gradient bands) on a USB stick to confirm, but then I'm kind of the OCD type.

Right. I had the opposite effect with my setup. I had picked "full" just because it sounded better than "limited". Once I started researching and went back to limited the picture on my TV was much better.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

frogg posted:

This is the most beautiful thing I have seen all day. :911:

I wish my name was Michael. Would have a way cooler impact personally.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

What, you mean there's nobody here that likes the themes of a girl working out or doing yoga???

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Powdered Toast Man posted:

I'm having a weird issue where the output from my PS3 (slim 80GB, updated to latest software) will occasionally flicker and change...aspect ratio, I guess? It looks distorted, anyway. Then after a while it will flicker and go back to normal. I have observed this inside the Netflix app as well as just using XMB.

It is attached to my Sony receiver via HDMI and then switched to my TV, also through HDMI. I know that the receiver and TV are fine because my DVR goes through HDMI and I'm not having this problem with it.

Any ideas?

Try turning off the Deep Color setting. I have a new Panasonic plasma and was having the same flickering issue and turning that setting off fixed it completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Feenix posted:

So apparently there is an issue with PSN (threads all over the internet) where your once fine credit card on file no longer work to buy things on PSN.

I bought a 10 dollar fund on PSN. It went through. Then I went to buy 5 more dollars worth (so I could get SkullGirls) and it told me my CC info was wrong.

Umm, what? NO.

Anyway, i'm seriously confused (and pissed off that I can't buy SkullGirls.)

Anyone else know how to fix?

Don't think there is a way to fix. You can either wait it out until it magically works again (that's what I did) or go buy a PSN card somewhere.

• Locked thread