Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Mug posted:

If you run out of slots, sony will just reset them all in a single phonecall for you.

Really? Because I'm in this weird set up where I have only like 2 slots left and 1 belongs to another person and the other is on my dying PS3. I've heard like "Oh you MIGHT get them reset if you're lucky I guess" from people but they really will reset your Account Activations on your PS3 if you just call?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I would actually pay to get Pain off my Trophy list. It defiles it like disgusting water at the bottom of a trash bin.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hey, I have a quick question about the Data Transfer Utility. I'm about to go out and buy the PS3 Move bundle and I kind of wanted to get an answer before starting this thing up.

I read the whole thing up to this part and got a little confused

quote:

Notice
The following restrictions apply if you perform the data transfer operation without creating a PlayStationŽNetwork account:
You may not be able to use the saved data on the destination PS3™ system.
You may no longer be able to earn trophies using the saved data that you transferred.
Trophy information is not transferred.

What does this mean exactly? Do I create a PlayStation Network account on the new PS3 or am I already fine with what I have on my old PS3. Because it sounds all fine (update both to new firmware, deactivate account, sync trophies) until I get to that part. It kind of just sounds like if I didn't have a PSN account on the original PS3 to begin with I'd have a problem but just checking.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Oh wow,the PS Store has a splash screen now.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I never noticed the big blue screen of controllers and movie icons when you just leave it over the PSN Store icon. I guess I just go in the store too fast.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Is there something up with the PlayStation Network right now? I can't add any money to my PSN wallet.

I picked up a $50 Card but whenever I enter it in, I just get "The funds could not be added to your wallet." I'm adding to a Master Account and I'm nowhere near the limit to what you can hold in the wallet, and it's really starting to piss me off.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

MrMidnight posted:

I wish my name was Michael. Would have a way cooler impact personally.

Well, that and having 50 people send you the trailer going "OH HEY HERE'S SOMETHING YOU MIGHT LIKE" then yeah, cooler impact :argh:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

If you have PlayStation Plus, you can upload the save data to the Save Data Cloud at one PS3 and download it onto another PS3 while logged into that same account. This applies to Copy Protected games as well, but they have a restriction in that you can only download it once every 24 hours from said cloud.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

There is a way to transfer saves, you can use a USB device. Dark Souls is a locked save though, it doesn't allow for it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Oh cool, it supports Vita's Group Messaging feature. That IM style is way better than the clunky email-like thing we've got now.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

God drat I miss that old little jingle for starting games.

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

It still sucks compared to cross game voice though.

Well, yeah. That's what Vita's "Party" feature is for :smug:

I'm sure PS4 will have it too.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Seriously what is with trophy updating on the PSN? I've been waiting for half an hour for it to update, and I've only gotten maybe two or three trophies since the last time I did it. This is a regular occurrence.

Is it actually taking half an hour or is it just a really long time? Because I know the whole process can be a really long experience if you're re-syncing on a new PS3 or something like that. I just earned a trophy then synced it in-game and clocked it with my ipod and it only took 01:29.1 to do so.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Martytoof posted:

I think the fact that we're somewhat okay with this sentence is very telling.

Seriously, this is the sort of thing that should take five seconds MAX.

Yeah, it's not great. I think Vita is supposed to have instant Trophy updating or something along those lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I think Sony calls it the "Cross" button or something. A long while back I read an interview with some of the PS1 designers that the face buttons are numbered based upon the amount of strokes it takes to create them. Circle, cross, triangle, square. So since circle was "button 1" it should be the confirm button.

• Locked thread